What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- NZ Election

JJ

Immortal
T
Labour didn't run a smear campaign against the Greens.

The Greens were stupid enough to do that themselves (and for the record, the truth - about Peters and Turei is not a smear campaign, it's the truth...)

Labour then doubled down and made sure it really hurt the Greens...

Rich102

Staff member
What is the system where you vote for a second choice? Then if your first choice party doesn't make the 5% (ie Maori Party) then all those voters get their second choice counted etc.

JJ

Immortal
What is the system where you vote for a second choice? Then if your first choice party doesn't make the 5% (ie Maori Party) then all those voters get their second choice counted etc.
That's kind of the key point - the 5% threshold means that too many people's votes don't count - this time it was ToP and Maori, last time it was the Conservatives - if course this time the Greens and Winston teetered on the edge a bit.

I'd prefer 1-2% - we potentially could end up with some clowns in Parliament, but we do anyway

Juju

Juniors
The Greens were stupid enough to do that themselves (and for the record, the truth - about Peters and Turei is not a smear campaign, it's the truth...)

Labour then doubled down and made sure it really hurt the Greens...
The point I was making was it was poor of National to leak it - and now compromises their bargaining power in negotiations. You can't disagree with that?

And you accuse me of being one eyed...

JJ

Immortal
The point I was making was it was poor of National to leak it - and now compromises their bargaining power in negotiations. You can't disagree with that?

And you accuse me of being one eyed...

Personally I don't know who leaked it - nobody has provided a smoking gun

Not sure I accused you of being one-eyed - I appreciate that people have varied opinions.

I'm a centrist - that's kind of Labour's problem, they've lost people like me - and while I like the Green's green policies - the whole extreme left protest thing they've turned into is strange - being a centrist only ever likely I'll vote National or Labour

Rich102

Staff member
I heard someone make the point that the Greens are placing more importance on getting rid of National that they are on getting their environmental policies adopted. Rather a short term view and won't win them any respect.

Winston is loving this. Center of attention.

JJ

Immortal
I heard someone make the point that the Greens are placing more importance on getting rid of National that they are on getting their environmental policies adopted. Rather a short term view and won't win them any respect.

Winston is loving this. Center of attention.
That more or less seems to be the case - they've gone full genius (been that way for a while) - just hands all the power to Winston - in reality they should be doing exactly what he's doing, and they'd get a lot from National, if only to force Labour into giving them more - flat out amateurs, and old Winston is a pro

Leber

Bench
I'd wager on him going with labour. He should t and I hope he doesn't, but I think he will.

Just hope all the good work isn't undone over the next three years.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lol what an absolute debacle this has turned into today, it may still happen today but the process is pathetic

How arrogant of the bloke saying he is undecided if he will let the other parties know first before he lets the public know

Summising something I just read, it would seem to me that National haven't bent over for him so most likely he will be heading the other way

Leber

Bench
He asked for 4 ministerial roles with national, and bill said f**k off.

But no announcement means that he's still sorting stuff out with labour.

Wonder what happens if they say no aswell

Leber

Bench
Sigh... wrong call, but not surprising.

Any government with winston was always gunna be a shame.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Doesn't it just fill you with confidence when he stands up there and basically says "it's about to turn to shit, don't blame us" lol

Latest posts