What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Overrated Bands

Dragsters

First Grade
U2 just came on the radio. I cringed and changed the station before I realised what I was doing.

Bono was interviewed talking about what a great guitarist The Edge is, and how he revolutionised guitar.

What a load of bollocks. As far as I'm concerned U2 is just another overhyped pop band. But for some reason people fawn over them. I just don't get it, and I don't imagine I ever will.

Any other suggestions for overrated bands?

Boy and War were decent albums.

The rest is tripe...

Dragons 09

Juniors
Agree with U2, totally over hyped.
Oasis, Nickelback, Foo Fighters, Screaming Jets and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are all bands that have me reaching for the change channel button.

Gm5

Juniors
agreed with foo fighters, seen them twice live (only went for the opening bands) and both time I got bored, sounded like the same handful of songs played on repeat for three hours.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Many years ago there was a site where fans good try and predict the songs played by Bob Dylan, called Dylanpool.
The site admin banned the use of Phil Collins in any posting, if you did all you saw was P++++ C+++++.
I nominate Phil Collins as one of the most overrated singers and that is putting in mildly.
I Liked this post.

So much that I want to like it twice.

The only 'musician' with a swear word in his name... Phil f**king Collins.

Theflamingo

Juniors
Midnight Oil. Was a big Midnight Oil fan growing up, but I listen to them now and wonder why? Apart from 2 or 3 half decent songs, the rest are pretty ordinary. Funny how your music taste changes as you get older.

SBD82

Coach
agreed with foo fighters, seen them twice live (only went for the opening bands) and both time I got bored, sounded like the same handful of songs played on repeat for three hours.
I caught linkin park a few years ago at soundwave. I thought I only knew one of their songs. Turns out I actually knew about 6, but I had thought they were the same song.

Gm5

Juniors
All you Aussies are probably going to hate me buuuuuut AC/DC. Jesus christ I don't know how the duped the world into thinking they're good

Latest posts