What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~OT: Parramatta District A-Grade Competition

ghoti

Bench
Not sure if anyone on here can help me here or not, but I'm looking for a club to play for in the Parramatta District for 2010. I've played in the Wests comp all my life, but will be going to uni at Macquarie (in Ryde) for postgrad starting next year, so am looking for a club further up that way.

So far from what I've gathered, the clubs best suited by location are Guildford, Merrylands and Cabramatta...but aside from Cabra, I'm not sure who fields an A-Grade side.

Anyone got any idea of who the best bet would be for A-Grade in the Parramatta comp?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Not sure if anyone on here can help me here or not, but I'm looking for a club to play for in the Parramatta District for 2010. I've played in the Wests comp all my life, but will be going to uni at Macquarie (in Ryde) for postgrad starting next year, so am looking for a club further up that way.

So far from what I've gathered, the clubs best suited by location are Guildford, Merrylands and Cabramatta...but aside from Cabra, I'm not sure who fields an A-Grade side.

Anyone got any idea of who the best bet would be for A-Grade in the Parramatta comp?

I would try the 2 junior clubs on the other side of the M2 (hills District or winston Hills Tigers)

bartman

Immortal
Sounds like location-wise the poster is looking for ones a bit closer... I don't know much of these things, but I think Guildford has always seemed a well-run outfit?

hybrideel

Bench
i played A grade for Merrylands for about 10 years. There are a fair few guys there still playing iand are a good bunch of blokes

Stagger eel

Staff member
Sounds like location-wise the poster is looking for ones a bit closer... I don't know much of these things, but I think Guildford has always seemed a well-run outfit?

closer to Macquarie uni???...that's on the other side of the M2.

I'm assuming he wants to find a club as close to his uni as he can??

parra pete

Referee
Why not come out to the 'University of Life', based here in Hay...and have a game with the local Club. What position do you play?

bartman

Immortal
closer to Macquarie uni???...that's on the other side of the M2.

I'm assuming he wants to find a club as close to his uni as he can??
:lol: sh*t sorry Staggs... I misread that bit completely, and thought he was after those closer to Liverpool. :crazy:

So yep, Hills all the way :thumn

cgee221

Juniors
I'm a Hills District Player....if you want to play close to Macquarie University....you'll be playing in the North Sydney/Manly competition...as the Rugby League teams located in the Northern Districts are apart of that association.

If you want to play for a team in the Parramatta District...the closest one to Macquarie Uni is Hills District and they're located in Baulkham Hills :)

Bazal

Post Whore
Why not come out to the 'University of Life', based here in Hay...and have a game with the local Club. What position do you play?

Because it sounds like he actually wants to, y'know, study something academic...not much academia out in those particular boondocks.

And tbh, I don't think too many of us care about the Hay footy side...

Play for the Hills Bulls mate. Best club on the planet (along with the Tuggeranong Bushrangers)

planeteels

Juniors
There are plans afoot for a new A Grade competition (still in the works) which will hopefully feature the best A grade sides from both the Penrith and Parramatta Districts in 2010.

This is more for the more elite/skilled level of A Graders and if it goes ahead will provide an awesome competition for those fringe players.

There will also be the usual A Grade competition within the Parra district in 2010.

If Hills isn't what your after, I would suggest you call the Parramatta Junior Footy Office on 8843 0361 and they'll be able to put you in touch with sides.

At this stage, I believe Guildford will be reinstating their A-Grade, and I believe that all the other 'usual clubs' will field sides.

parra pete

Referee
Because it sounds like he actually wants to, y'know, study something academic...not much academia out in those particular boondocks.

And tbh, I don't think too many of us care about the Hay footy side...

Play for the Hills Bulls mate. Best club on the planet (along with the Tuggeranong Bushrangers)

My experience have shown me that you can learn more by experiencing life, than you can studying it actually.
If he came out here and played for the local Club it could open many doors for him, and you would actually be surprised how much interest there is in the Hay Rugby League side. We don't call it foooooooty out here..that what the locals call the AFL shirt tearers.
I found it appropriate that you like the Tuggeranong Bushrangers. I always suspected you were a Tugger :lol: and your liking of the Hills Bulls too:sarcasm: I would have predicted that too...because you are good at talking bull....
BTW Mr Fawlty - Get a life mate, loosen up a bit.....and don't take yourself so seriously.
It's not worth it. Who gives a flying f**k what people on a football forum say or think..

PJ Marshal

Coach
good to hear they are fixing the a grade comp up, was total rat sh*t this year

good ol terry rose at his best

planeteels

Juniors
good to hear they are fixing the a grade comp up, was total rat sh*t this year

good ol terry rose at his best

You can thank Wentworthville and Chris Jurd for the F**KED UP A Grade this year!!!

Had an appeal by Wenty not been upheld, the A Grade comp would have been much better. And by the way, this years Comp was designed by the A Grade Clubs!!!! There were 3 meetings held at the beginning of the Season involving only A Grade Clubs in order for them to decide how they wanted the competitions/gradings allocated and all Clubs voted and agreed on the format.

PJ, again, if you have feedback or want more info please talk to me. You keep coming out with your comments about Terry, but as yet you haven't given me any feedback - i would love to have a chat and get your views and provide insight where possible.

Bazal

Post Whore
My experience have shown me that you can learn more by experiencing life, than you can studying it actually.
If he came out here and played for the local Club it could open many doors for him, and you would actually be surprised how much interest there is in the Hay Rugby League side. We don't call it foooooooty out here..that what the locals call the AFL shirt tearers.
I found it appropriate that you like the Tuggeranong Bushrangers. I always suspected you were a Tugger :lol: and your liking of the Hills Bulls too:sarcasm: I would have predicted that too...because you are good at talking bull....
BTW Mr Fawlty - Get a life mate, loosen up a bit.....and don't take yourself so seriously.
It's not worth it. Who gives a flying f**k what people on a football forum say or think..

Ever predictable aren't you pete? I daresay I'd be struggling to learn enough for a bachelors degree in marine ecology playing footy with some bumpkins on a dusty field in Hay...I might stick with Uni thanks and I'm sure the OP agrees. Why answer a thread on the Parramatta district A grade competition with some rubbish about playing "life" in the back of nowhere? :lol:

ghoti

Bench
Thanks for your help everyone; yeah, I was looking for something around halfway between Macquarie and Liverpool in order to drop into training on the commute home...also means I don't have to venture too far out of the 'burbs for game day.

Will give Guildford, Merrylands and Hills a call and see if I can find out a bit more about them.

Parra Pete, I play hooker...you are right though, my 22 years of living probably puts me in better stead to study 'life' than my three years of Chemistry does Chemistry. Sounds like the career prospects would be pretty happening too, I hear the demand for life is high with the current economic climate.

As for Hills Rugby...I lasted two Rugby training sessions in Canada and called it quits based off how sh*t boring the tactical, defensive and offensive aspects were. Jesus, there's a reason the Rugby League branched off from that rubbish game.

Parra Guru

Coach
As for Hills Rugby...I lasted two Rugby training sessions in Canada and called it quits based off how sh*t boring the tactical, defensive and offensive aspects were. Jesus, there's a reason the Rugby League branched off from that rubbish game.

:-k

:lol:

parra pete

Referee
Ever predictable aren't you pete? I daresay I'd be struggling to learn enough for a bachelors degree in marine ecology playing footy with some bumpkins on a dusty field in Hay...I might stick with Uni thanks and I'm sure the OP agrees. Why answer a thread on the Parramatta district A grade competition with some rubbish about playing "life" in the back of nowhere? :lol:

Nah, it's not the back of nowhere Fawlty. It's actually Gods Country, kept for the special few..and our playing fields are green and lush and well kept thanks to the devotion of a sports minded Shire Council...
BTW George got away with being a marine biologist by being a student of life rather than being University educated when he saved the whale. You seem to me to be a typical cityfied grump who walks around with his lack of humour. And it was the Moops...just in case you live in a bubble. :lol: