What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Ricky magic is vanishing again

SharkShocked

Bench
When the pressure wasn't on the Eels and they were playing for pride and not points, they played with more heart and enthusiasm.

This year is pretty f**king poor if you are an Eels fan considering how much they put in last year for nothing.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Must be trolling but let's look for the lols

Eels vs
Manly
Dragons
Titans
Sharks
Raiders
Warriors
Tigers
Penrith
Cowboys
Roosters

Sharks vs
Brisbane
Raiders
Dragons
Eels
Knights
Storm
Penrith
Titans
Tigers
Dragons

The toughest opponent you have faced is the Sharks.

Our easiest the Eels

King hit

Coach
I've always have backed Ricky in one way or another since he took your mob in 2008 which had only 3 or 4 notable players, to the top and probably could've won the thing if it wasn't for Bird's glass and Melbourne rorting the salary cap by millions.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
T
I've always have backed Ricky in one way or another since he took your mob in 2008 which had only 3 or 4 notable players, to the top and probably could've won the thing if it wasn't for Bird's glass and Melbourne rorting the salary cap by millions.
But then the honeymoon was over and he proceeded to take both the Sharks and Parra to shitsville.....jeez the Raiders must be nervous!

Vin Fizz

Bench
Raiders charged into the finals in our premiership year (JEEZ THATS NICE TO SAY) on the back of immense momentum. I wondered how far that would take them in 2017 and it seems to have run out of steam. That said though they can go on a run again as they've shown in the past and give the comp a run again. My impression of Stick is that he taps into that sense of momentum and builds the performances around it. I'm sure that's what he did in his playing days on the field. I'm not sure he is much of a tactician these days, if ever, and that maybe is what's playing out now. If I were him I wouldn't have changed a thing from 2016. I wonder weather he has tried to finesse last years plans a little too much this year and has end up medling in a sound system. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Its just so typically Canberra. Winning comes solely from talent.

They can get on a roll and be hard to stop, but they are horrible at the one percenters that build consistent contenders. Hence they are always one year up, one year down.

Its just so typically Canberra. Winning comes solely from talent.

They can get on a roll and be hard to stop, but they are horrible at the one percenters that build consistent contenders. Hence they are always one year up, one year down.

Totally agree with this.

Last night two tries were scored by Parramatta because the Raiders weren't desperate enough in their scrambling defence.

But there are so many things in the 1% they do poorly.

It's quite a dumb footy team to be honest.

Card Shark

Immortal
We let the cowboys score tries through lapses of concentration- Flanno wouldn't be happy.

Same as stains game for that matter.

Latest posts