What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT. The Panthers.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Lewis left because his player power was removed, stripped of captaincy, so he was forced to leave.
Had nothing to do with the cap. Go look it up man.

He was moved on around the same time Jennings was. It was to releave cap pressure.

I doubt the Panthers would have been part of his salary if it was because he was unhappy.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The culture at the Panthers seems to be: if you're a junior and you're good enough you will get a run in Firsts. After that you will get picked up by another club and win a premiership at the new club ala Jennings, Lewis, Graham and Coote.
It didnt used to be like that, especially when they stacked their side with ex-Sharks- Lang/Lang, Presto, Greenhill and the centre with the head gear, Bell wasnt it? Doesn't matter, point being they have the stench of death surrounding their club at the moment. Which is a shame, because of our unique bond of entering the comp at the same time I've always felt like we were kind of brother-clubs.
I sincerely hope they clean their mess up, unfortunately it may not happen until they rid themselves of the Shire dwelling, Gould.

I think this season is make or break for Gould and Hook. If they have a shit start and leads to a poor season, I think we will see the end of Gould and Griffin. We will probably lose Cleary as well.

Who knows. Enough excuses though, time have some consistent success.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Gus has got this #5yearplan

I’m not a huge fan of Gus (as a personality) I hate his commentary and his stupid comments.

But,

The 5 year plan thing is a myth, it was made up by the Media and he never said it. Paul Kent spent three days scouring the news archives and was never able to find a quote from Gus talking about a 5 year plan.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
While Gus knows his shit in a football sense he appears to get a lot of people offside in the procrss. Given the huge junior base at his disposal you'd have to say the Pennies have underachieved over the last decade or so. Will be fascinating to see how the Moylan/Jimmy swap pans out.....the winner of that trade is likely to have a fair impact on the two side's respective seasons.

Ads

First Grade
Panthers have a top 4 squad easily. Problem is they are very poorly coached. Best thing for them would be a 0-5 or 0-6 start so they punt Hook and grab someone that can fulfill their potential.

I think this season is make or break for Gould and Hook. If they have a shit start and leads to a poor season, I think we will see the end of Gould and Griffin. We will probably lose Cleary as well.

Who knows. Enough excuses though, time have some consistent success.
Thats a fair assessment, Luke.

Eion

First Grade
I’m not a huge fan of Gus (as a personality) I hate his commentary and his stupid comments.

But,

The 5 year plan thing is a myth, it was made up by the Media and he never said it. Paul Kent spent three days scouring the news archives and was never able to find a quote from Gus talking about a 5 year plan.
Paul Kent could spend 10 years and not locate his brain.

Buzz said it so it must be true.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't particularly think it's the promotion of their younger players that's the problem. It's investing big in over-hyped plodders like Merrin and Tamou. Also, signing the younger guys to long 5 year contracts seems to be a bit of an issue as well.

Good point, they are well named. Study the panther... the animal is a myth... they are just black Leopards or Jaguars...

Touché

They are also heavily inbred :)

Eion

First Grade
Buzz was probably the one that made it up.
Don’t come on here bagging buzz. He’s a great man, and if he said gus had a #5yearplan then he damn well did. Maybe he was misquoted though. Gus might be on a 20 year plan.

Stake Removed

First Grade

So gus has been there now 7 years, the spine in 2015 was Moylan,Soward, Wallace,Segeyaro and Wallace only one remains.

There club seems to have no direction just as a player gets enough games under his belt he gest punted for the next big thing.

And now basically have rolled dice on Maloney, they need to win in two years as good chance Cleary will leave and Maloney will be ready to retire

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So gus has been there now 7 years, the spine in 2015 was Moylan,Soward, Wallace,Segeyaro and Wallace only one remains.

There club seems to have no direction just as a player gets enough games under his belt he gest punted for the next big thing.

And now basically have rolled dice on Maloney, they need to win in two years as good chance Cleary will leave and Maloney will be ready to retire

You don’t think
1.Edwards
6.Maloney
7.Cleary
9.Wallace/Egan

Is a good spine? It’s a shit load better than the one in 2015.

Latest posts