What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Tigers vs Broncs

Generalzod

Immortal
oh well Birds try wasn't a try but awarded penalty given in extra time when did that ever happen, but really how is Klein still referring? Didn't he f**k us up last year.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Or in first half of extra time, massive forward pass by broncs on there own 20, but nothing happens.

And the NRL wonders why ratings continue to slide

Inferno

Coach
Golden point is a disgrace.

People talk about it being an exciting finish, its not. It's a field goal kick a-thon, players all standing offside and the rare occasions penalties are given they're dodgy.

Just give them a point each and be done with it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If they go to Golden Point, both teams auto get 1 point each, who ever wins in GP gets another point

No!

What if your team misses semis and is only one point below a team that got a point for losing a game?

What if the team a point ahead of yours got that point after winning in GP in a game where 3 points were awarded?

Also it would still be a field goal a thon as they went for the extra point

Should just have a the draw.

Card Shark

Immortal
What is wrong with a f**king draw anyway, soccer has them every 4th game!!

Unfortunately golden point is probably here to stay as the TV stations have paid for it.

Just make it 5 minutes each way, not golden point.

None of this golden try, no field goals, 2 points to winner / 1 to loser shit!

carcharias

Immortal
My band played last night and the footy was on while we played.
We couldn’t see the screen from where we were.
It was sort of above and behind us.
It was weird having people cheering mid way through a song.
I was thinking I must have really nailed that B minor.

But then they started yelling get f**ked !!! Bullshit!!! ...ya merkins!!!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Should be golden try.

Any penalties differential but automatic 10 minutes in the bin.

Stake Removed

First Grade
You can't do that unless you get 3 points for a win. You can't have some games handing out more points than others.

In the NHL its 2 points a win, if you to extra time both get a point, and winner in extra time gets extra point, so that league does have option win in regular time and 2 pts for win, go to extra time and win get 2 pts loser gets 1 pt

Stake Removed

First Grade
I would prefer a draw is a draw, i was throwing out my suggestion if what i believe should happen if go to golden point.

For us old timers do you remember the rules in Amco Cup if a draw who advance i could be wrong it went like this, if time it was tied

1. Most tries for team if tied
2. Most Penalties if ties
3. Most scrums if tied
4. First try scorer if none
5. First point scorer if none
6. First penalty if none
7. Coin toss

I loved the Amco Cup, it was only school night i could sit up, and Dad would say if you are quiet end of game we would watch school boys game, or the horror movie that was on, so would get to bed after 12.30 am

Eion

First Grade
You can't do that unless you get 3 points for a win. You can't have some games handing out more points than others.
Agree but you can have the best of both worlds.

Every game is worth 4 points.
- 4 points a win
- 3 points a win in ET. 1 point for the losing team for the draw in regular time.
- 2 points each for a draw after ET.

Latest posts