OT - User name & Pic

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Life's Good, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

Its our off-season already so let me be the first to kick off a random thread about user names & pics. I'll kick it off.

My user name is based on the initials of my name. The picture is the logo of the real king of the road - A Kenworth prime mover. It's a reminder of my dearly departed, much missed father who was a long haul interstate truck driver for close to 50 years with most of that time spent behind the wheel of a W model Kenworth.

What's the story behind yours??

(Mods, please merge if there is an existing thread on this).

2. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Juniors

I'm not kidding, last time I was at Sharks Leagues with the man responsible for finding the long lost Endevour Cup ( what a comp that was) there were a pair of Colin Best's boots painted gold in the trophy cabinet, dunno why, maybe he won the "Best Turnstile" award that year.

ALSGI, Dragsters, Drakon and 5 others like this.
  3. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

Shame you didn't get a photo of them.
    He was ok for us in 2005 but turned to sh*t in 06 when he just couldn't keep up with Gaz and those flick passes.

Dragsters, merahputih, Drakon and 2 others like this.
  4. JDHD

JDHD Juniors

My name is Jeremy and I have ADHD; hence, JDHD. I decided to put Ben Hunt's face on Jesus' body because Hunt will absolutely 100% guaranteed be our saviour without question no need to touch wood will win a decade of consecutive premierships.

TruSaint, ALSGI, Qdf and 10 others like this.
  5. Crush

Crush Juniors

I work in the wine industry, hence the name crush, after what we do to grapes to make wine.
    Ive never been bothered to put a pic up but maybe I should one day.

ALSGI, Qdf, Dragsters and 8 others like this.
  6. roach_83

roach_83 Juniors

My Username is roach83 it's after the character roach from point break (original)83 being my birth year

My picture is of Mary getting pissed off during the bulldogs game at the end which was hilarious

inside_pass, ALSGI, Dragsters and 7 others like this.
  7. Ben_Kusto_magic

Ben_Kusto_magic Juniors

My name is a tribute to one of our great half backs, the blonde bombshell Benny Kusto! Oh how we could have used him this season!

ALSGI, Qdf, Dragsters and 7 others like this.
  8. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

My username is that of our legendary CEO (was then called club secretary) who was in charge in our golden era, when we won 11 premierships in a row. I was well aware of Frank Facer during my teens in the mid 1980's. In year 12 our year master asked us all what our dream job was and I said to be CEO of St George rugby league club. The teacher liked my response.

My avitar is a shield with the St George cross on it. It is called the St George Shield, it also called the Crusader Shield or a Nights Templar Shield. There is a lot of history behind that shield. The St George cross is the red cross in the middle of the British flag and on our Australian flag. St George is England's patron Saint and the St George cross is the symbol of St George. They celebrate St George's day in England on the 23rd of April.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Too old too slow, ALSGI, Qdf and 10 others like this.
  9. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

Most would think Old Timer purely relates to me being older than most (definitely not all) but not quite correct
    It actually relates to being at a game some 20 years ago when in my 40's I was giving it to Matthew Ridge and a young teen age Manly supporter said
    Ace it up Old Timer get off his back so it sort of stuck
    Re avatar I had Rocket Reddy last year who was one of my favourites and a bit more contemporary but this year had Changa my all time favourite
    Next season yet to choose and no I don't need any suggestions from the smart arse's

jak, Too old too slow, ALSGI and 12 others like this.
  10. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

Reference to the TV show 'Community'

Pic is just what it's like being a Dragons fan

ALSGI, Dragsters, Drag Queen and 5 others like this.
  11. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

My user name Blood Shot Eyes because obviously I only have eyes for the Red n Whites......not necessarily from alcohol.....although I do enjoy a bourbon or 3.....my eyes do look rather blood shot and tired lately I think its from all the crying Ive been doing since McGregors been in charge......maybe next year I will ad a pic

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  12. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

My name is of a champion pacer who won 4 interdominions inc 3 in a row which for those that don't know is trottings version of the Melbourne cup. He was good to me.
    As for my picture, being married with children I can relate to poor ol Al Bundy

13. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

So when do you take over from Doust lol

14. grouch

grouch First Grade

My username here was originally Groucho... in honour of the wittiest, funniest Marx brother.

But when Doust, the board, Price and McGregor consigned our club to the trashcan I dropped the O

15. silverex

silverex Bench

My pic is self explanatory.

My user name is what I drive and it's colour.

16. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

Well no surprise here but hopefully next year the BIG RED VVV will be on fire and hopefully Mr McGregor is standing underneath my dragon .

17. SET2JT

SET2JT Juniors

Set2jt is the plates on my Vl commodore.

18. merahputih

merahputih Juniors

My username means "red & white" in the Indonesian language I learnt as part of my work in the Northern Territory ( a long time ago).

19. Drakon

Drakon Juniors

From Wikipedia:- Drakon may refer to: the Ancient Greek drakôn (δράκων), meaning "giant serpent" or "dragon" Draco.

I guess I'm a bit of an old Dragon myself.

I chose the Dragon trying to hold back his smoke under the 'NO SMOKING' sign as a bit of a light hearted piece of humour.

20. JohnnoMcJohnno

JohnnoMcJohnno Juniors

This may come as a shock but I'm not really Scottish. Johnno McJohnno is an anglicisation of my real name which happens to be both foreign and difficult to pronounce.

The avatar comes from super-hero round which is the only game I can ever get my daughter to watch with me. Quite like Ant-man though and he looks much better in the Red Vee.