What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: World Club Challenge

Eion

First Grade
f**k I hate the Storm
Didn't see all the game, but what I saw was Leeds trying to chuck it around like they were in a comp 30 years ago...and the storm wrestling, grubbing and stifling their way to a comprehensive win of the new way of playing over the old.

I saw Cap Grubb make 2 tackles in a row where he locked up a Leeds bloke, and wrestled him to face the wrong way. Not a penalty because he was so quick about it. Geez he’s good, so good he’s ruining the game. Shit to watch

carcharias

Immortal
Didn't see all the game, but what I saw was Leeds trying to chuck it around like they were in a comp 30 years ago...and the storm wrestling, grubbing and stifling their way to a comprehensive win of the new way of playing over the old.

I saw Cap Grubb make 2 tackles in a row where he locked up a Leeds bloke, and wrestled him to face the wrong way. Not a penalty because he was so quick about it. Geez he’s good, so good he’s ruining the game. Shit to watch

I watched the entire thing.
I reckon they could be penalised every single tackle for holding down.

It is atrocious.
It truely has f**ked the game.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Agree it's ruined the game but I'm sure they've sat down with the refs and "negotiated" so to speak. They know what is within the rules (barely but within never the less) and they take it to that line, pushing the limits ever so slowly week after week. The result is what we see. Moral of the story, why the fugg don't we do that same thing with the refs.

Eion

First Grade
Agree it's ruined the game but I'm sure they've sat down with the refs and "negotiated" so to speak. They know what is within the rules (barely but within never the less) and they take it to that line, pushing the limits ever so slowly week after week. The result is what we see. Moral of the story, why the fugg don't we do that same thing with the refs.
Everyone is trying to do it. But Bellamy is the best at coaching it and Smith the hands down best at executing. Storm will be right up there while he plays. Hate the merkin

carcharias

Immortal
Everyone is trying to do it. But Bellamy is the best at coaching it and Smith the hands down best at executing. Storm will be right up there while he plays. Hate the merkin

I disagree a bit
I think they get away with heaps more.
f**k head Smith was holding a poms leg while he is trying to get up after tackling smith.
That is a penalty
Nup
Gallen or Fifita does that and it a penalty .

That cracking tackle on Smith was bullshit
Lifting???? Get f**ked
He just got smashed nothing more nothing leshe got the shits for being hammered .
Storm penalty 15 out.
They score next 6

Eion

First Grade
Yeah he should be the most penalised player in the game but he’s got the refs all star struck. I would love the prick if he played for us.

Card Shark

Immortal
He’s very durable too, never misses a game.

1 of these days he will slow down...might even be this year....it’s a long long season.

Was his preparation up to scratch after winning the comp & playing the World Cup?

Time will tell....

Vin Fizz

Bench
I don t know why we don't come up with our own marginal tactic, sit down with the refs boss, get them to show us the limit and then exploit the fegg out of it.