What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other NRL Matches 2018

callmack1

Staff member
What a great game last night, I've never seen a game be decided by the goal post pad!!

ThingFish

Juniors
If we’re going to poach anyone next year it should be the Tigpies defensive coach. First 2 rounds they’ve beaten Roosters and Storm with amazing defensive efforts. To hold the Storm tryless for over 60mins and only concede one try was crazy.

Travitoh

First Grade
NQ by 8 is my tip.
BTW, I've been told that Canberra are going as favourites this week against NZ

Travitoh

First Grade
I've tipped Storm and Warriors..

Warriors at $2.20 last i heard...
I'm still backing NQ here but Morgan doesn't look 100%. Hopefully he warms into it.
I just feel the 5 day turnaround after playing in Saturday's heat could take it's toll on the Storm

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cecchin does the first thing right he's done in years and that's keep penalising Smith for offside!!!

Now for consistency.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well Paul Green has come out and:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a5c508a4bab4d841ae8d48e7266266f2

He's spoken to the media and hoed into his players! I love his passion in general!

Also I love Brad Arthur' passion for his side!

I have good respect for coaches who wear their heart on their sleeve and they really are invested in the club they are coaching and they become attached into the culture and the history!

I do not see any of this in Seibs yet and maybe I'm being harsh as he's finding his feet. Thus far it all seems monotone! At Souths a monotone coach won't work.... I'm sorry it just won't!

I know some of you will strongly disagree with me on this but I am calling it how I feel and see it and I'm not afraid to say things for what I think they are!

Someone needs to put a rocket up Crichton' backside too!!!!

f**k I'm firing up!!!! I want action on Saturday!!!

Travitoh

First Grade
I know he's just doing what he's been told but it's over refereeing!

Both teams barely ran over 1000m.

It was hard to watch!

It's not over-reffed if both sides continuously give the officials reason to blow their whistle. Get back the 10 in defence, it's not a new rule.

NQ were disappointing, they looked like the side coming off a 5 day break in the second half. Fair play to Melbourne though, just too good!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's not over-reffed if both sides continuously give the officials reason to blow their whistle. Get back the 10 in defence, it's not a new rule.

NQ were disappointing, they looked like the side coming off a 5 day break in the second half. Fair play to Melbourne though, just too good!

I’ve always thought a ref who blowed the whistle more was better than one that didn’t blow the whistle at all.

The offside rule in the NRL has been a joke for a few seasons now so it’s good their clamping down on it. I think we’ll see teams like Brisbane and NQ who have abused it in the past suffer because of this. They’re doing it smart as well, they’re giving them a warning before they blow for the penalty. Refs have definitely stood up this season imo.

callmack1

Staff member
The Cowboys dicipline and poor defence cost them big time last night.

They're looking a bit rusty atm but I still think they'll be there come the end of the season.

Travitoh

First Grade
The Cowboys dicipline and poor defence cost them big time last night.

They're looking a bit rusty atm but I still think they'll be there come the end of the season.

They're looking old and slow to me. They'll play finals but I'm not so sure they're top 4 material now

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
They're looking old and slow to me. They'll play finals but I'm not so sure they're top 4 material now

I don’t reckon they’re used to having so many penalties against them either. If I remember correctly they were at the bottom of the penalties conceded count for the last 2 years. It’s not panic mode just yet but they’re definitely going to have to change things up in defence.

callmack1

Staff member
Gee the Dogs played tough tonight, really good defence to hold off a fast finishing Penrith.

Latest posts