What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our cap position

Something not mentioned in the news today is that we were able to announce the Moyzaaaaaaaa signing before releasing Maloney because both currently fit under the cap.
We can assume that Maloney to Penrith is done because Maloney wants out.

That means we're sitting on some serious bank. I wouldn't rule out those Pearce rumours.

sharkman73

Juniors
Something not mentioned in the news today is that we were able to announce the Moyzaaaaaaaa signing before releasing Maloney because both currently fit under the cap.

That means we're sitting on some serious bank. I wouldn't rule out those Pearce rumours.

About a mill according to Masoud.

Ads

First Grade

From what I have heard theres a good chance we will land Pearce.

carinashark

First Grade
Jeez are you really happy with Pearce and Moylan in the same team? Moylan FB slow and cannot tackle and Pearce a fail at SSO and serial poor option taker at 5/8. Into the trash bin at the Roosters and Panthers. One of those teams will play the Storm in the 2018 GF, we will be lucky to make the 8.

Surely

Post Whore
Jeez are you really happy with Pearce and Moylan in the same team? Moylan FB slow and cannot tackle and Pearce a fail at SSO and serial poor option taker at 5/8. Into the trash bin at the Roosters and Panthers. One of those teams will play the Storm in the 2018 GF, we will be lucky to make the 8.

You're kidding aren't you ?

txta2

Bench
Pearce would be good cause the hair currently in 7 would disappear. Now to get another good winger and sendFeki back

Inferno

Coach

That is interesting. Fairly impressive cap management really.

I had thought most of the increase of the cap for next year had been covered by upgrades to Val, Graham, Brailey and Capewell.

5 years ago I'd say Manly had the best recruitment in the NRL. They bought 1 or 2 players a year that were all quality and that was it. Over that time period you'd have to say we've taken that mantle. Between Fifita, Lewis, Heigno, Ennis and a couple of others we've achieved some excellent moneyballing.

Special K

Coach
The cap rise is one thing but we have also lost Barba, Bird, Beale who would have been a combined 1.8 I'd guess. Holmes upgrade probably knocked off the Beale amount and Dugan/Bird would be similar coin so we have some room. Yes we didn't have Barba this year but we banked at cap at one stage on him being around.

Great cap work. Now get Pearce

sladden road

Juniors
If we have a lot of cap why don't we just put a few extra bucks in Jimmy's pocket and say sorry Gus.
Reading between the lines there is something else happening with Jimmy, something Frank mentioned that we would be better off replacing, more than his cutting sense of humour.
Gus wanted blood also, no way were we getting a fourth Panther star.
Has he forgotten we sent him the nucleus of a premiership team and coach, including the most electric player in the Sharks at the time.

No chance Penrith let Moyzaaaaa go without securing Maloney.

Apart from that, f**k signing Maloney for three years after his petulant effort this year.

current nsw and australia half.
key piece of the puzzle bringing us our first premiership. achieving what many couldn't before him.
named in the sharks half century team.
on a reported 500k.

...then we go and upgrade the half who got hooked in the first final and has proven he can't lead the team around on his own

...then we go public chasing cooper cronk mid season (never going to happen) putting noses out of joint

yeah f**k you maloney you petulant child.
know your place in the salary cap pecking order and you be comfortable with us f**king you over while you can't do anything about it.

Latest posts