What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Finals Chances.

franklin2323

Immortal
If we were 10-2 (not 11-2 :p) I doubt anyone would be complaining. We can't ignore the first 9 rounds however much we wish they didn't happen.

This season really could go in a bunch of different directions.

Weren't the dragons something like that after 12 rounds? Yet look at them now. For me the end of the season will ensure the players turn up next year. We don't see all the hard work they put in. Whatever they are doing now compared to early season is working

franklin2323

Immortal
If we win all 3 and certain results go our way we can make top 4. I agree with the rest.

I don't consider Whare as part of our "talent". Others do but it's nostalgia based and I'm not like that with current players. Same thing with Hayne when he came back.

He absolutely tore the Newtown centre apart on the weekend. So unlike Hayne is showing he can still do it

maple_69

Bench
Yeah May and Peachey would be interchangeable and I'd manage the bench that way with 50/30 to Peachey.

If we left Whare out I'd have Kikau on the bench for Peach.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah Dugan is stronger than Peachey but he's pretty slow and if Peachey gets early ball against him he will make a lot of metres whether he gets around him or not.

Seriously there are not many good left centres running around. The majority of the elite centres seem to prefer playing right side.

mxlegend99

Referee
Dragons forwards were very strong. It wont be an easy game. Especially now that they are in the same position as Raiders.

Win or you miss the finals.

If we lose we are only 1 win aghead of Raiders and Dragons with an inferior for and against. Meaning we will need to win both games to make it.

If we win tomorrow. We go 6 clear of Raiders making it impossible for them to finish ahead of us and 4 clear of Dragons meaning they need to win both games and we need to lose both for them to take our spot.

tripster

Juniors
Dragons forwards were very strong. It wont be an easy game. Especially now that they are in the same position as Raiders.

Win or you miss the finals.

If we lose we are only 1 win aghead of Raiders and Dragons with an inferior for and against. Meaning we will need to win both games to make it.

If we win tomorrow. We go 6 clear of Raiders making it impossible for them to finish ahead of us and 4 clear of Dragons meaning they need to win both games and we need to lose both for them to take our spot.

Yes tomorrow is a critical game for us. However I still think the Raiders will miss the 8. They need to win all three of their remaining games. Their last game is against the Storm in Melbourne - I suspect they will lose that.

If we win just 1 of our remaining 3 games we almost certainly make it, but we'd obviously want to win as many as possible to go as high as we can.

Aitken is now out for the rest of the Season for the Dragons, MacDonald probably won't be back from his knee injury and you'd think Packer will still be out. All terrible things for the Dragons but good for us next week.

So...

If the roosters beat the sharks & Brisbane beat parra next weekend

&

We win our last 3 games

We'll very likely get 4th.

If we drop one game we'd be relying on the knights to beat Cronulla in the final round and Souths to beat the Eels.

Most likely scenario right now is us finishing 6th or 7th.

Either way I think we'll play the Eels in the first week of the finals.

This is based on winning either 2/3 or 1/3 and Manly winning all 3 of their games.

Last edited:

martielang

Bench
Who really knows though. There has been zero consistency with results/teams other then ourselves but even we switch on and off during games.

Cracking few weeks coming up. Massive game today.

tripster

Juniors
Most likely scenario right now is us finishing 6th or 7th.

Either way I think we'll play the Eels in the first week of the finals.

This is based on winning either 2/3 or 1/3 and Manly winning all 3 of their games.

For and against is also going to be critical.

If we win all our remaining games but the wins are tight, and the Sharks lose to the Roosters in a tight game but put on a big score against the Knights, the Sharks will likely finish fourth, and we'll finish 5th.

We'd then likely play a busted Cowboys in the first week.

OldPanther

Coach
So now that Dragons have Won and they have the easiest draw known to sport I don't think we get past them. The Eels are up next and they only need 3 the commentary said. I have a sinking feeling about this year. Do people think we can make the finals still?

FYI this guy is an idiot. It's crazy how the season has changed.

Rhyno

First Grade
Eels need to finish top 4

I don't wanna play Penrith week 1 they always lift against us especially Cartwright (the f**kwit) he always has his best game of the year against us and can win the match by himself