What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Finals Chances.

OldPanther

Coach
Looking at the ladder, I really think Manly are the team we should be targeting. They have a tough couple of weeks coming up and we play them in the last round (an absolute crunch game).

Manly are away to the Storm this week and home to the Roosters the following. We win next week and they lose both games and we are along side them.

Cowboys also have Roosters and Storm the next 2 weeks then face us at our home. They could potentially lose all 3 and we are near them.

Will be a first for me - cheering on the Roosters.....

The option to take 2 points off a few ahead of us is nice. Eels might have trouble without Guth and we are equal with them right now. Unless they win of course.

MrBlack

Juniors
Where will the cut off be this year?? Not 28 points I am guessing.

Tigers - H
Cowboys - H
Raiders - A
Dragons - H
Manly - A

Win 3 from these 5 and we should make it on 30???

We should win the next 2 at home, surely there is 1 win in the last 3.

OldPanther

Coach

Tigers - H
Cowboys - H
Raiders - A
Dragons - H
Manly - A

The cut off will be 30 with some suggesting 32. F/A will be important.

Tigers - H
Cowboys - H
Raiders - A
Dragons - H
Manly - A

Dragons game is a must win.

If we win the next two & lose to the dragons I'm not sure another win from the Manly or Raiders games will be enough.

We could win the next 3 & lose the last 2 and not make it. Those games against teams above us will be so important.

The option to take 2 points off a few ahead of us is nice. Eels might have trouble without Guth and we are equal with them right now. Unless they win of course.

Eels are on 26 points, we're on 24.

Hopefully somehow the knights can beat the dragons. They've been threatening a win lately the knights.

franklin2323

Immortal
We are 4 points off 3rd. While we are no chance to get that high. Does leave the Cowboys with their turd of a run now a realistic possibly of being caught by us

betcats

Referee
Cleary V Cleary will be interesting next week. Would be an awkward situation if one of the tigers players Soliola's young Nathan out of the game.

5starcognac

Juniors
Looking at the draw for the final rounds IF results go as you would expect then 32 is the cutoff point!!
Its going to be tough and close!!!

mxlegend99

Referee
Eels are safe now... this was their hardest game and they won it convincingly

Souths. Knights. Bulldogs... should be 3 easy wins. Titans and Broncos again also winnable. Eels win 3 or 4 more IMO. Might drop one easy win and grab a hard win instead.

age.s

First Grade
Brings the Broncos back into consideration though. Tits, Sharks, Dragons, Eels, Cows is about as tough a draw as anyone's got.

Cowboys is the most important game in my opinion. Should be winning next week and if we do, face an immediate step up in opposition against the Cows. If we lose that, we may lose all our momentum and drop off.

Apart from playing the Broncos twice Eels draw was pretty soft anyway. I always thought they would get there.
Our path to the finals is the Dragons and maybe because their draw is a little harder the Cowboys. Cowboys have a really tough run coming up. Chooks, Melb, Sharks, Bris and us. They could finish on 30/32 points. Of course they could finish higher with a few unexpected wins. They have been surprising me this year with all their injuries. I'd be surprised if the wheels few off Manly.

It makes our chances all the more important if we can beat Saints and the Cowboys in the coming weeks.
We need to win at least 4/5 of our last games to be a really good chance. 5/5 seals it.