What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our forum is officially in Meltdown.

Bench
The forum might be in meltdown now but I dread what might happen over the next few weeks. It could be ugly

Crush

Coach
The forum might be in meltdown now but I dread what might happen over the next few weeks. It could be ugly
I think now many on here are so angry that they are hoping we lose the last 3 so that there is maximum pressure applied to the coach.
If we lose 8 from last 9 then that would be curtains for Mary.
I reckon we will win 2 of last 3 then play well in first final and get narrowly beaten. Mary stays another year.
THAT is when we see full scale meltdown.

ALSGI

Bench
I think now many on here are so angry that they are hoping we lose the last 3 so that there is maximum pressure applied to the coach.
I reckon we will win 2 of last 3 then play well in first final and get narrowly beaten. Mary stays another year.
Or crickets.....when we win the GF?

hazzbeen

Bench
So Crush are you ok for that to happen , and continue next year with much the same with really no chance of winning a Premiership under this coach . Im not ......

Old Timer

Coach
Or crickets.....when we win the GF?
Absouetely no chance of that being the case
I fully expect a Marcel Marceau pantomime from Mc Fookknuvkle and his team as they will have well and truly run out of excuses and thrown every conceivable person under the bus by then.

Gareth67

First Grade

2010 , mate you could very well be right about that - 2 weeks and 1 day to be exact and the fans of the Joint Venture may be in for a very long off - season . Hope that I am wrong about this and that we can string some good wins together and prove that the old Dragon still has plenty of fire in its belly . :innocent:

ouryears

Bench
So Crush are you ok for that to happen , and continue next year with much the same with really no chance of winning a Premiership under this coach . Im not ......

I can tell you now, we may win ONE. The in the First semi beat by 30 plus.

Curtains for Alsgi, DA61, you, and a few other supporters of mediocrity and heartless displays, also curtains for our over paid and sook players.

Ahhhh....and your mate mcnugget

Hopefully you will all fit on the one leaking shitty row boat to China.

Crush

Coach
Am I OK with it? Not sure how to answer.
Do I want a new coach? Bloody oath I do! Will I continue to support my team and watch every game if Mary is still our coach, absolutely, as I'm sure you will too.
It doesn't matter if I'm OK with it, I have no control over it.
Do I want Lafai playing for us? Hell no. Am I OK with it? Well I don't really have a choice do I?

Crush

Coach
I can tell you now, we may win ONE. The in the First semi beat by 30 plus.

Curtains for Alsgi, DA61, you, and a few other supporters of mediocrity and heartless displays, also curtains for our over paid and sook players.

Ahhhh....and your mate mcnugget

Hopefully you will all fit on the one leaking shitty row boat to China.
Curtains for supporters?
What are you even talking about? Curtains in this instance means the sack, being fired, told that you longer have a job.
How is it curtains for myself and other supporters?
You really are an absolute tool.
And you clearly have some serious issues. Why do you keep referring to specific posters like you are a highschool kid? "Alsgi, crush, samy said this!"
Get a life.

The Damo

Juniors
Do I want a new coach? Bloody oath I do! Will I continue to support my team and watch every game if Mary is still our coach, absolutely, as I'm sure you will too.
Do I want Lafai playing for us? Hell no. Am I OK with it? Well I don't really have a choice do I?
I’m not sure why it’s even a question, it’s a bit weird in here how you can say repeatedly you want a better coach, but unless that’s basically all you ever say, People seem to forget. It’s not like constantly banging on about it makes a shred of difference to what the club will ultimately do. Strange that wanting the team to lose and miss the eight so we might, just might get a new coach is better than hoping that a shit coach could get a good team you follow to a preliminary final. Is it likely? No, but it’s a lot more likely than a few more posts in the Sack Mary thread actually making Doust boot Mary.
Whatever gets decided in the coaching merry go round is probably gonna be settled behind the scenes before the finals roll around anyway. Like the song says - don’t stop believing my brothers.
Also you’re still wrong about Lafai though ;)

Crush

Coach
I’m not sure why it’s even a question, it’s a bit weird in here how you can say repeatedly you want a better coach, but unless that’s basically all you ever say, People seem to forget. It’s not like constantly banging on about it makes a shred of difference to what the club will ultimately do. Strange that wanting the team to lose and miss the eight so we might, just might get a new coach is better than hoping that a shit coach could get a good team you follow to a preliminary final. Is it likely? No, but it’s a lot more likely than a few more posts in the Sack Mary thread actually making Doust boot Mary.
Whatever gets decided in the coaching merry go round is probably gonna be settled behind the scenes before the finals roll around anyway. Like the song says - don’t stop believing my brothers.
Lafai? Please. Someone in another thread was trying to tell me Lafai is a better player than James Roberts. Pfft.
2018 Roberts has scored 16 tries FFS.

The Damo

Juniors
Lafai? Please. Someone in another thread was trying to tell me Lafai is a better player than James Roberts. Pfft.
2018 Roberts has scored 16 tries FFS.
Well that persons wrong - Roberts is definitely better, but you might be interested to know they average the same amount of line breaks per game, Lafai is less likely to miss a tackle or let in a try and half as likely to give away a penalty, twice as likely to make an effective offload and more likely to break a tackle. Roberts does less yardage work per game but makes more metres per run.
Oh and Roberts has 8 tries and 5 assists
Lafai has 5 tries and 4 assists.
If Lafai were coached by Bennett with better attacking structures he’d be a weapon.

Crush

Coach
Well that persons wrong - Roberts is definitely better, but you might be interested to know they average the same amount of line breaks per game, Lafai is less likely to miss a tackle or let in a try and half as likely to give away a penalty, twice as likely to make an effective offload and more likely to break a tackle. Roberts does less yardage work per game but makes more metres per run.
Oh and Roberts has 8 tries and 5 assists
Lafai has 5 tries and 4 assists.
If Lafai were coached by Bennett with better attacking structures he’d be a weapon.
You and your bloody stats!
I thought Roberts had scored 16 tries this year and now you tell me its only 8!
Dammit.
Anyways, Roberts vs Lafai is no competition. One is worth about 700K the other 400K.
One can score an individual try from anywhere the other is constantly getting ragdolled into touch in his own 20 meter line on the 1st tackle.
One goes looking for work to get himself involved the other does not.
One has scored 45 tries in 137 games the other 67 tries in 120 games.
I am a massive fan of one, not so the other.

The Damo

Juniors
You and your bloody stats!
I thought Roberts had scored 16 tries this year and now you tell me its only 8!
Dammit.
Anyways, Roberts vs Lafai is no competition. One is worth about 700K the other 400K.
One can score an individual try from anywhere the other is constantly getting ragdolled into touch in his own 20 meter line on the 1st tackle.
One goes looking for work to get himself involved the other does not.
One has scored 45 tries in 137 games the other 67 tries in 120 games.
I am a massive fan of one, not so the other.
I know - like I say Roberts is better, based largely on that acceleration and speed. Latrell craps on both of them from a great height. But I do have admiration for Lafai, his footwork, craftiness, body position and ability to offload make a very entertaining and effective footballer. Like much of our backline his potential is unrealised because our coach has some room for improvement, someone may have mentioned it around here once or twice.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think/feel the same as you Crush. I would add Aitken and Nightingale to the list that I don't want playing for us.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I tell you, I am so sick of people on this site having to make a negative comment about the coach in every second post. I don't even bother reading the Sack Mary thread. If we do sign Bennett, that will shut a lot of people up about constant negative comments regarding the coach.

I think there were quite a few of us who were hoping that we got beat by Canterbury in our last game of the season last year, so that we would have got a new coach. There were also many of us hoping that Cleary got the job at the end of 2016.

We do have the forward pack. Our halves have shown they can perform, but do we have a genuine game manager. Our 2 to 5 need to be replaced. If they could be replaced with good players, any coach should have a very competitive team on his hands.

I have been thinking what Bennett may do, if he comes to coach us next year. Would he move Hunt to hooker? Would he move Widdop to fullback? There are obviously no genuine good halfbacks, with good game management off contract right now, but there is talk that Parra have been trying to offload Corey Norman. I was never a Norman fan, until I saw him play halfback. I think that is his best position and he looks to be a good game manager at halfback. If Bennett was to move Hunt to hooker, Norman could be the halfback to get. When Norman was playing halfback a couple of years ago, he was even spoken of as a chance to succeed Cronk and Thurston in origin.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I tell you, I am so sick of people on this site having to make a negative comment about the coach in every second post.
Agree. There’s more to our team, and more to our forum slump than just the coach..

Not to mention the other teams lifting when they play us.. it should be seen as something to be proud of.

dannyt

Coach
I tell you, I am so sick of people on this site having to make a negative comment about the coach in every second post. I don't even bother reading the Sack Mary thread. If we do sign Bennett, that will shut a lot of people up about constant negative comments regarding the coach.

If we sign Bennett, we will have a real coach and so negative coaching comments would immediately cease. The current negative coaching comments are directly proportional to mary's coaching abilities.

I think there were quite a few of us who were hoping that we got beat by Canterbury in our last game of the season last year, so that we would have got a new coach. There were also many of us hoping that Cleary got the job at the end of 2016.

I went to that Canterbury game, and was gutted by the result and the performance. I thought mary would be sacked, but we all know how that turned out. I was hoping that Cleary would get the job.

We do have the forward pack. Our halves have shown they can perform, but do we have a genuine game manager. Our 2 to 5 need to be replaced. If they could be replaced with good players, any coach should have a very competitive team on his hands.
A FG coach would have a competitive team this year, but mary has shown he can coach the immortal out of Gasnier, Langlands, Raper and Provan.

I have been thinking what Bennett may do, if he comes to coach us next year. Would he move Hunt to hooker? Would he move Widdop to fullback? There are obviously no genuine good halfbacks, with good game management off contract right now, but there is talk that Parra have been trying to offload Corey Norman. I was never a Norman fan, until I saw him play halfback. I think that is his best position and he looks to be a good game manager at halfback. If Bennett was to move Hunt to hooker, Norman could be the halfback to get. When Norman was playing halfback a couple of years ago, he was even spoken of as a chance to succeed Cronk and Thurston in origin.

I just hope Bennett comes here next year!