What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our halves future

SharkShocked

Bench
I don't think that's right RE 'copping shit'

Maloney fair enough he was a whiney merkin all year.

Val while lacking the skills and execution last year, i don't think he shirked it.

Hopefully he improves out of sight this year - but i still think hes a golden boy.

bluefox68

Staff member
He had 26 last year.

No way will flanno cop the shite from last year from maloney and Val.

Ones gone.
After his world cup exploits the other is being given a last shot.

If he is punted to the sideline its due to his own ineffectiveness.
Good points...

I am wondering if we’ve experienced the reason BBQ has been to so many clubs. Gets bored and doesn’t try after 12 months...?

txta2

Bench
Watched replay v Cows last year today. Wow, I give chad 4 weeks before Trent moves in. Chads kicking game is woeful and lost them a few games on the back of it last year

Moylan is definitely a half and a very good one. I've listen to Penrith fans over the years moaning about finally moving Moylan into the halves and when they did he tore it up, I'll never forget the magic he displayed when he sunk the Raiders in a nail biter. I really hope you guys give him time in the 6 and develop him because he is a special talent.

The players that I believe are in the wrong positions are Dugan and Holmes - Dugan SUCKS at centre and Val is such an average fullback. Dugan at fullback is one of the best players in the world and likewise with Val on the wing. Hopefully it won't take to long for Flanagan to figure this one out.

Moylan is definitely a half and a very good one. I've listen to Penrith fans over the years moaning about finally moving Moylan into the halves and when they did he tore it up, I'll never forget the magic he displayed when he sunk the Raiders in a nail biter. I really hope you guys give him time in the 6 and develop him because he is a special talent.

The players that I believe are in the wrong positions are Dugan and Holmes - Dugan SUCKS at centre and Val is such an average fullback. Dugan at fullback is one of the best players in the world and likewise with Val on the wing. Hopefully it won't take to long for Flanagan to figure this one out.
I dont think its a factor for Flanno whose better at fullback between Duges and Val, its the style and type of fullback this team needs that he is concerned about. We had one in Barba and the closest player in this squad that plays like Benny is Moylan.

Ads

First Grade
I dont think its a factor for Flanno whose better at fullback between Duges and Val, its the style and type of fullback this team needs that he is concerned about. We had one in Barba and the closest player in this squad that plays like Benny is Moylan.
Yep, this team is still set up the way it was with Barba running the show.

chewsta

First Grade
Last year i didnt really give two shits about the footy after winning the GF. But im pumped again this year and Im confident. Val will be fine at fullback, the kid has a go and is a natural athlete, he'll learn to ball play with the best of them. we'll win the comp again in 2018 and Gal will play for 3 more years.

Really? How do Moylan and Barba play anything alike? I mean one was more reliant on his athleticism and the other on skills and ball playing.

Really? How do Moylan and Barba play anything alike? I mean one was more reliant on his athleticism and the other on skills and ball playing.
i said the closest to. The other two are very far from playing like Barba and thus not suiting our playing style. But who knows, maybe Holmes has learnt a lot during the world cup and hanging out with Slater. Here's hoping.

i said the closest to. The other two are very far from playing like Barba and thus not suiting our playing style. But who knows, maybe Holmes has learnt a lot during the world cup and hanging out with Slater. Here's hoping.
Might be the closest but they are still worlds apart. Tbh Dugan should be given the number 1, he's wasted as a centre while Val and Moylan arrant elsewhere.

snout

First Grade
Hey BB....nevwr feel the need to explain your opinion to some blow in who follows two salary cap cheats.

I never understand it...the need to go to another teams forum and give an opinion on their side.

Who has the time?

I hate all other teams.

f**k off troll.