What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our last 2 losses who was the ref

Stake Removed

First Grade
Our last 2 losses and who was the ref Cecchin, some of those decisions tonight were a absolute joke.

2 directly involving Boyd the forwward pass for try, and then when Boyd knocked down ball bronco dives on ball in front and nothing.

The NRL wonders why people turn off the game, with this a** clown in charge of games no wonder people do, i can see why he was dropped from SOO now, he is a joke and he needs to be dropped

Windy70

Juniors
How far forward does a ball have to travel before it is forward?

That is a ridiculous thing to ask but seems to be a fair question.

Please explain the word
'forward" to me without using the words float, drift or momentum.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I've no doubt that the donks were gifted points by that blind f**k, but we butchered that game. The roosters, storm, rabbits etc score 40 or 50 last night.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well that’s why you will never get it if you aren’t allowed to use those words

If the ball is passed in a backwards direction when it leaves the passers hands, it can then travel an INFINITE distance forward depending on the length / trajectory of the pass (time the ball is in the air) & the speed of the person passing the ball.

i.e. if Superman is 1 winger & he passes it backwards to the other side of the field to the other winger, it will go a f**king long way forward.

We lost because we f**ked up too many chances, no use whingeing about the ref.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Corey Oates freakish try is the tag line on all media regarding the result.
Standard Brisbane courier mail beat up.

Weaponhead

Coach
About 5 to go. Katoa makes a break down the right wing. Kicks ahead. Boyd sticks a hand out and kicks it down. Donks player picks it up. Knock or offside 15m out from their line, take your pick. Play on was called inexplicably.

Card Shark

Immortal
Ok, yeh I remember now.

That was an ordinary call ...pretty obvious now you remind me.

I’d like to see a replay of the charge down...f**k he got there fast.

They only ever showed the wide angle without the defensive line in it.

I guess that’s 1 for the change of rules mid week...previously the refs probably ping him for offside. This week they had better not.....

Windy70

Juniors
Cardy so it can go infinitely forward?

I understand velocity and motion. So if we focus on distance is there a cut off. How far forward is forward? Will they pull it up at some point?

If on that last try.The 20 metre line was the 10 and the 10 was the try line would it have been called.

Or if the pass was thrown 5 out from the line and caught just over the try line, would they call that out?

I'm just trying to work out where or if there is a point that is just too far.

Combine player speed, pass distance, wind at the back and throw in magnus a ball could maybe go 15m forward. I'm just curious, always been an annoyance for me.

Card Shark

Immortal
I’m just trying to say there is no limit if it is initially thrown backwards, relative to the lines on the field.

As soon as it leaves the hands it then goes forward if the passer was running at the time.

Only forward passes that are easy to pick up are from a stationary dummy half...& they are the most let go...

Card Shark

Immortal
Or if the pass was thrown 5 out from the line and caught just over the try line, would they call that out?

I'm just trying to work out where or if there is a point that is just too far.

Technically that could happen if a player is charging full boar at the defense on the line & passers a long pass just before he gets to the defence.

I doubt they would let it ride though.

We were unlucky as that try was just about the only time the Broncos looked like scoring the whole second half & it took a dubious pass & a miraculous put down to do it.

King Ben

Juniors
We scored a bunch of tries from forward passes (particularly from Maloney) in 16 and 17. Happens every week to somebody's team. We cost ourselves that game.

Oates' putdown was also spectacular and deserves to be the lead image from that game.

In saying that, I'd also like to see the wide shot on that charge down..

Frenzy.

Immortal
We scored a bunch of tries from forward passes (particularly from Maloney) in 16 and 17. Happens every week to somebody's team. We cost ourselves that game.

Oates' putdown was also spectacular and deserves to be the lead image from that game.

In saying that, I'd also like to see the wide shot on that charge down..

Yes, me too but not really needed. We all know Chad will cop all the brickbats for that but there was one shot that showed Brailey looking like a little U/6 kid playimg in the sand. Well, not that bad, but he was totally unaware of the shooter and did nothing by way of providing cover. In fact there was no kick protection at all but Brails was second marker and should of moved in front of Chad.

Total clusterphuque again

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes, me too but not really needed. We all know Chad will cop all the brickbats for that but there was one shot that showed Brailey looking like a little U/6 kid playimg in the sand. Well, not that bad, but he was totally unaware of the shooter and did nothing by way of providing cover. In fact there was no kick protection at all but Brails was second marker and should of moved in front of Chad.

Total clusterphuque again

Oh, and, TPJ was 2-3 metres offiside because of that moron’s 8 metre rule

Frenzy.

Immortal
Our last 2 losses and who was the ref Cecchin, some of those decisions tonight were a absolute joke.

2 directly involving Boyd the forwward pass for try, and then when Boyd knocked down ball bronco dives on ball in front and nothing.

The NRL wonders why people turn off the game, with this a** clown in charge of games no wonder people do, i can see why he was dropped from SOO now, he is a joke and he needs to be dropped

Matt Noyen was responsible for most of the ref phuque ups. Cecchin made a few but it was The Moron who crueled us. Havent won a game with Noyen in the pocket this year.

Are 3/2 under Cecchin.

What I found clear in this game at least is the refs may of misunderstood “nitpicking penalties” with “nitpicking knockons”. All year just about ANY fumble, backwards, sidewards, forwards, upwards and underground was called a knock on.

Also Dariarse’s pass to COAT was 3-4metres forward.

snout

First Grade
Well that’s why you will never get it if you aren’t allowed to use those words

If the ball is passed in a backwards direction when it leaves the passers hands, it can then travel an INFINITE distance forward depending on the length / trajectory of the pass (time the ball is in the air) & the speed of the person passing the ball.

i.e. if Superman is 1 winger & he passes it backwards to the other side of the field to the other winger, it will go a f**king long way forward.

We lost because we f**ked up too many chances, no use whingeing about the ref.
Yep.

Down by 6 after a minute for kicking into a charge down.

Continuous drop ball.

No good coming off and saying hou were robbed if youve done everything yourself to throw it away as well.

Yes and no.

Both teams would have missed opportunities they regret but when one team gets an advantage outside of the game flow then it’s a blight.

It’s like me giving you $50 for your birthday and then you giving me $50 for my birthday. It’s all good until one of us dies leaving the other $50 short.

Latest posts