What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our need for a half

Ads

First Grade
Corey Norman anyone? Murmurs are starting about trouble brewing between Arthur and Norman.

shaggs

Coach
Pearce would struggle playing Flanno ball.
He looks good at the knights because they want run and move with pace. Straight attack, rather than drift sideways and pass inside a r pass to a guy you have just cramped for space.

Wizzard

Juniors
We had a half.. A very good one. We let him go. Unfortunately we're going nowhere with Townsend as our only 'play maker.'

So true , our biggest weakness apart from our discipline is our halves they are providing no threat at all

txta2

Bench
The main problem is the play makers in the side Wade and Moylan have been struggling with injury so haven't had a chance to click. Another issue has been with the good line runners like Lewis and Bukuya not playing together as yet as they can mix up the attack and give more options. None of the bench players provide this except for Paulo occasionally

Inferno

Coach
Corey Norman anyone? Murmurs are starting about trouble brewing between Arthur and Norman.

Yes f**king please. Put him behind a decent pack and he'll return to the same form that saw him thrown up for possible SOO selection.

Surely

Post Whore
Norman pfftt, he cant even steer a para side loaded with talent.

Now if down the track gutheson became available

Big Bloke

Juniors
Val is on $850k. He’s worth $500k at best.

There’s $350k that could of gone towards Myth Piss right there.

He chose the Knights because they outbid us.

How do you know this? Did you see him sign the contract?

Or did a friend of a friend of a friend tell you?

Sorry mate, it’s one of my pet peeves. I hate how everyone says that so and so player is being paid this...etc...when the only people that know for sure is the player, his agent and the recruitment guys.

Everyone else is just guessing.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Believe Zero tackle at your peril imo......
So to pluck a few others.....
Dugan 800k
Fifi 750k
Wade 650k
Gal 700k
Chad 600k
Moylan 900k
Val 850k
Plus the 600k we're supposed to be under the cap.

There's over 5 mill on 7 players which means the other 23 players are on a combined 4 mill or so or less than 180k each. When you consider the likes of Lewie....Boogs....Matty Prior....Loots... Seggy .etc.....etc it just doesn't add up based on those inflated figures at the top end.

chewsta

First Grade
I dont mind Moyza but if those figures are correct, then why the f**k did we not offer Maloney an upgrade and still walk away with change.

Chimp

Bench
For what it's worth, I'm a strong believer that any good halfback has to be a threat with ball in hand first and foremost. The defence have to be worried about the threat of him 'showing and going'. Only once that threat it present are they ever going to create space for their outside men.
And this is where our problem is - Chad can be a threat, but he plays sideways, he needs to go forward first with ball in hand and get the defence him 2 minds.
Hokko simply isn't a threat ball in hand, and Moylan is another who goes sideways first. He's our most threatening runner, but he's not a half, he's a bona fide fullback, he needs the freedom to float in and out of games.
Jimmy plays direct, look at the impact he has.

shaggs

Coach
For what it's worth, I'm a strong believer that any good halfback has to be a threat with ball in hand first and foremost. The defence have to be worried about the threat of him 'showing and going'. Only once that threat it present are they ever going to create space for their outside men.
And this is where our problem is - Chad can be a threat, but he plays sideways, he needs to go forward first with ball in hand and get the defence him 2 minds.
Hokko simply isn't a threat ball in hand, and Moylan is another who goes sideways first. He's our most threatening runner, but he's not a half, he's a bona fide fullback, he needs the freedom to float in and out of games.
Jimmy plays direct, look at the impact he has.

I’ve said in every washing machine thread that we play lateral first
Sideways first. Even the forwards at the moment. The defence doesn’t have to worry about the runners because we don’t make them back up.

It’s a simple game made hard

carcharias

Immortal
"That's probably the reason we haven't scored that many points. We've played some really quality teams in the first month of football”.

The above comment from Flano

He says it often
“Really quality teams”
Is it me or is that wrong?