What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our need for a half

snout

First Grade
I’ve said in every washing machine thread that we play lateral first
Sideways first. Even the forwards at the moment. The defence doesn’t have to worry about the runners because we don’t make them back up.

It’s a simple game made hard
Whats ivan changed about brooks game...no sideways running.
The lines that way Luke.

Difference is there for all to see.

Chad is the East West to that.
Pointless.

PJ

First Grade
Chad is bog average and shown up anytime he doesn't have a high quality partner.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I understand the game evolves and has so a fair bit since I last played. What currently gets under my skin is back in the day it was generally forwards or wingers taking the first few hit ups. Backs would then get set for a 4th tackle play. It may have lead to something or it may have lead to nothing. Whatever the result it was an attempt to attack in some way.

Not that I take much interest in other teams, but every f**king time we seem to have a forward just run it up on the 4th and then we get set to kick it on the last. I’d rather watch paint try it so damn boring and repetitive.

Letting Maloney go was a baffling decision..

Nearly as bad as letting Frizzell go..
Agreed, but take heed in the fact our systems made your best forward.
Who is your best back? Widdop or Hunt?
Melbourne and Brisbane sytems respectively.
I sense a theme here..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Agreed, but take heed in the fact our systems made your best forward.
Who is your best back? Widdop or Hunt?
Melbourne and Brisbane sytems respectively.
I sense a theme here..
There is a definite theme happening here - good players seem to want to head to the Dragons..

Not sure what the cause is, but it's a nice problem to have..

sandshark

Bench
Maloney was a penalty riddled punk, he wasn't interested anymore and I am happy flanno kicked him to the curb.

Just wish his replacement was a tad better and that Townsend grew a pair and finally lead this team around the park like an experienced half should.

PJ

First Grade
I take back what I said. If Townsend improved markedly he would be bog average

I'm glad Jimmy left too, but shitty recruitment has us here. Can Flange get us up from here? I think not.
hate to say but we are a steaming pile of shit because he has left.
who do you recruit into the 6 from the market that superceeds maloney who is odds on to be first picked for nsw this year?
we would have been better placed to give him the upgrade that he was after and deserved, letting chad go and doing everything possible to get barba back into the 1 as quickly as possible.
flanno jnr was always going to progress through at a rate of knots under his fathers tenure as coach and he would have been very well placed to learn his craft under maloneys watch.
instead cleary is getting that benefit and we are left looking like a rabble with a whole bunch of positional nightmares, unwanted baggage from penrith and will be lucky to feature in the 8 this year.
to think maloney wasnt making a point last year is akin to having rocks in your head.

Stake Removed

First Grade
This is where an injury sometimes highlights a problem, if last year Maloney was injured for 4-6 weeks we would have seen issue with CT, i am sure then club would have upped ante to keep Maloney

PJ

First Grade
This is where an injury sometimes highlights a problem, if last year Maloney was injured for 4-6 weeks we would have seen issue with CT, i am sure then club would have upped ante to keep Maloney
Thats bs. The issue with Chad was evident well before and didnt need Maloney out to show it.

PJ

First Grade
hate to say but we are a steaming pile of shit because he has left.
who do you recruit into the 6 from the market that superceeds maloney who is odds on to be first picked for nsw this year?
we would have been better placed to give him the upgrade that he was after and deserved, letting chad go and doing everything possible to get barba back into the 1 as quickly as possible.
flanno jnr was always going to progress through at a rate of knots under his fathers tenure as coach and he would have been very well placed to learn his craft under maloneys watch.
instead cleary is getting that benefit and we are left looking like a rabble with a whole bunch of positional nightmares, unwanted baggage from penrith and will be lucky to feature in the 8 this year.
to think maloney wasnt making a point last year is akin to having rocks in your head.

I agree Birdie.

Wouldn't surprise me if it came down to ego a bit. Flanno thought 16 success due to his coaching and Maloney to his skills.

For mine it is more the latter with Ennis and Barba thrown in.

Maloney was one of the most important players on the team and should have been paid as such.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I agree Birdie.

Wouldn't surprise me if it came down to ego a bit. Flanno thought 16 success due to his coaching and Maloney to his skills.

For mine it is more the latter with Ennis and Barba thrown in.

Maloney was one of the most important players on the team and should have been paid as such.

That excellent point, we have lost 3 out 4 of spine in 1 year after our title win

SharkShocked

Bench
1 retired
1 did himself in
1 wanted a pay upgrade and kicked up a stink about it.

Not sure there's a whole heap that could have been done.

Latest posts