What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our "New winger" Went Well Last Night!

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Nightingales game against the Warriors was good but not the brilliant effort you are trying to make out it was. I do not believe that he is a better fullback than Dugan.

Defensively Dugan is better, Dugan beats the first defender more than just about any other fullback, he takes hit ups into the teeth of the forwards to help out and makes more metres per game than just about any other fullback. He did this in a team that was a basket case.

Now lets stop shoving that we had to pay a million dollars down our throats like that was fact. He would have stayed for one extra year, sharks paid about $700K.
But the club didnt want him for 4 yrs. Its the clubs decision.

Anyway, Dugan actually WAS saying he wanted more than 700k and he wanted to be called an elite player.

Duges is good, but he isnt more than that.

We all have our own appreciation of a player.

I understand that.

I have some appreciation of dugan , but i dont overly care he has gone.

Happy for others to have a wake when he goes.

I will be looking to the future.

JDHD

Juniors
If you think that those stats are all there is to what makes a player worth it or not, you have no idea.

Darius Boyd scored 2 tries in 2009, 2 tries in 2010, 3 tries in 2012, 3 tries in 2014, 3 tries in 2015 and in his time with the dragons from 2009 to 2011 scored 13 tries.

Dugan has better stats this year for average metres per game, line breaks per game, offloads per game, tries per game. So based on this Boyd must be rubbish.

Look man, I'm not saying Dugan isn't good, I'm saying he was never worth the money he was after and his reasons for going to the Sharks were bullshit. He had a tanty because we wouldn't up the offer.

JDHD

Juniors
But the club didnt want him for 4 yrs. Its the clubs decision.

Anyway, Dugan actually WAS saying he wanted more than 700k and he wanted to be called an elite player.

Duges is good, but he isnt more than that.

We all have our own appreciation of a player.

I understand that.

I have some appreciation of dugan , but i dont overly care he has gone.

Happy for others to have a wake when he goes.

I will be looking to the future.

Thank you for being far more eloquent than me. Dugan isn't worth what he was asking and now the Sharks get to deal with him and his biscuit legs.

Carlton

Juniors
And if you look at Tedesco's 2017 stats Dugan has scored more tries, misses a mile less tackles, gives away less than half the penalties and makes about a third of the errors. Both make about the same metres per run and are similar in try assists.

TVS has the same number of tries, misses more than half of his tackles, has less try assists per game and has double the errors.

Carlton

Juniors
Look man, I'm not saying Dugan isn't good, I'm saying he was never worth the money he was after and his reasons for going to the Sharks were bullshit. He had a tanty because we wouldn't up the offer.

He was after the money we offered and an extra year. There was no tanty as you put it, he was left with no alternative when the club would not negotiate and then withdrew their offer and made it clear their stance was take it or leave it. If you want to blame someone for not acting in good faith I think the club is where you should focus.

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Nightingales game against the Warriors was good but not the brilliant effort you are trying to make out it was. I do not believe that he is a better fullback than Dugan.

Defensively Dugan is better, Dugan beats the first defender more than just about any other fullback, he takes hit ups into the teeth of the forwards to help out and makes more metres per game than just about any other fullback. He did this in a team that was a basket case.

Now lets stop shoving that we had to pay a million dollars down our throats like that was fact. He would have stayed for one extra year, sharks paid about $700K.
I said Nighty is the second best FB in the club.

I didnt say Nighty is a better FB than dugan.

(Nighty is a far better footballer though, he has far more understanding of the game than Dugans narrow approach to the game)

But shit, the difference between Nightys can do attitude, positive outlook, and team oriented nature is a delight, compared to dugans ego and whiny ways.

I would choose Nighty in the trenches next to me in a heart beat, versus Dugan.

Thats my opinion.

Thats what I think.

I am pleased we are looking for a FB who will bring so much more.

JDHD

Juniors
I said Nighty is the second best FB in the club.

I didnt say Nighty is a better FB than dugan.

(Nighty is a far better footballer though, he has far more understanding of the game than Dugans narrow approach to the game)

But shit, the difference between Nightys can do attitude, positive outlook, and team oriented nature is a delight, compared to dugans ego and whiny ways.

I would choose Nighty in the trenches next to me in a heart beat, versus Dugan.

Thats my opinion.

Thats what I think.

I am pleased we are looking for a FB who will bring so much more.

Leave it dude. They think Dugan's shit doesn't stink. I agree with everything you say. Dugan's attitude was godawful last year and it's continued this year. He'll fit in wonderfully at the Sharks.

blacksafake

First Grade
Leave it dude. They think Dugan's shit doesn't stink. I agree with everything you say. Dugan's attitude was godawful last year and it's continued this year. He'll fit in wonderfully at the Sharks.
Not being rude but what do you mean by his awful attitude

JDHD

Juniors
Not being rude but what do you mean by his awful attitude

Nothing about that question is rude =) Basically, every time he drops the ball, throws a forward pass, makes a bad read in defence etc he turns around and abuses the pocket referee, even if it's blatantly is fault. He did it twice in the first Warriors game at Kogarah this year, he did it two or three times against the Eels, and at least once a game he's doing everything except owning up to his mistake.

He was epecially bad last year, right when we needed our senior guys to man up and lead. Imagine being a young kid like Host or Field coming through last year and seeing your Kangaroo level fullback acting like a galah every time he stuffed up.

Add to that this contract crap about 'respect' and he's quickly become a player I don't have much time for.

Let's also not forget that his best mate, Blake Ferguson, is a convicted sex offender, so he's not exactly discerning in the company he keeps, either.

Carlton

Juniors
Nothing about that question is rude =) Basically, every time he drops the ball, throws a forward pass, makes a bad read in defence etc he turns around and abuses the pocket referee, even if it's blatantly is fault. He did it twice in the first Warriors game at Kogarah this year, he did it two or three times against the Eels, and at least once a game he's doing everything except owning up to his mistake.

He was epecially bad last year, right when we needed our senior guys to man up and lead. Imagine being a young kid like Host or Field coming through last year and seeing your Kangaroo level fullback acting like a galah every time he stuffed up.

Add to that this contract crap about 'respect' and he's quickly become a player I don't have much time for.

Let's also not forget that his best mate, Blake Ferguson, is a convicted sex offender, so he's not exactly discerning in the company he keeps, either.

You can try to rewrite history as much as you like, the fact was Dugan was the only player showing real passion week in week out for a couple of years. Have a look at this video and see what we're missing

saintsarealive1

Juniors
You can try to rewrite history as much as you like, the fact was Dugan was the only player showing real passion week in week out for a couple of years. Have a look at this video and see what we're missing

Dugan will be missed to some extent. But I am looking forward to a new style of fullback. Players like Fritzell and Nighty put in every bit as much as Dugan did but they aint dick heads. If only Dugan grew up some of us could respect him more. And even McCrone and Marketo could edit and put a good highlight clip together LOL

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Dugan will be missed to some extent. But I am looking forward to a new style of fullback. Players like Fritzell and Nighty put in every bit as much as Dugan did but they aint dick heads. If only Dugan grew up some of us could respect him more. And even McCrone and Marketo could edit and put a good highlight clip together LOL

Maybe if you grew up you'd realise he is just another player trying to make as much money as possible in the time he has remaining in his career.

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Dugan has been carrying the team for the last couple of years. No one can deny that. And as soon as he leaves some fickle supporters turn their backs and say his attitude stinks and he isn't worth the money....dickheads...
Most of us say he was worth 700k. Why didnt he sign for that when it was on the table for him. Then it was increased to around 750k. He wanted more.

We say 750k was the line in the sand. Whats wrong with that?

Then coming out publicly and saying he was disrespected for not being considered an elite player.

Well Duges, 750k is an elite offer. And we are called dick heads.

Geeze.

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Maybe if you grew up you'd realise he is just another player trying to make as much money as possible in the time he has remaining in his career.
Thats fine, understand that.
But he is NOT getting more than saints offerred him.

So he didnt leave for more money.

Your argument is not correct.

He left because Flanagan called him elite. Unless you have another reason why he left?

The money is the same.

Carlton

Juniors

I don't understand this idea some of the posters on here have that the club is allowed to treat it as a business arrangement but the player can't and that they should just accept what ever is offered.

I will miss Dugan's play and feel gutted he signed with the Sharks but that's no reason to run him down as a person or belittle the effort he put in or try to deny a 2016 highlight reel that only a couple of players could equal.

hazzbeen

Bench
Dugan has been carrying the team for the last couple of years. No one can deny that. And as soon as he leaves some fickle supporters turn their backs and say his attitude stinks and he isn't worth the money....dickheads...
Dugan is good but not super star as the money he wanted indicated . A player on big money IMO is a player that can turn a game for you setup a try or score one to win . Thats what I expect Hunt to do for us in tight games .

Carlton

Juniors

He left because Flanagan called him elite. Unless you have another reason why he left?

The money is the same.

He left for an extra year and went to a club that wanted him, the way the dragons negotiated made it obvious they didn't really value him. And I still don't understand what's wrong with him wanting to be appreciated and given credit for what he has achieved. If it only needed the club to say "you're an elite player and we love you" for him to stay, how stupid is the club.

Carlton

Juniors
Dugan is good but not super star as the money he wanted indicated . A player on big money IMO is a player that can turn a game for you setup a try or score one to win . Thats what I expect Hunt to do for us in tight games .

Have a look at the highlight reel. This was all achieved in a year where the dragons were basically the worst attacking team in the comp.

Country Dragon

Juniors

The money is the same.
He is getting more, 12 months more. Personally I'm not that upset he's going although he has carried us for a couple of years!