What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our "New winger" Went Well Last Night!

hazzbeen

Bench
Have a look at the highlight reel. This was all achieved in a year where the dragons were basically the worst attacking team in the comp.
Carlton I see your point , Duges always gives 100% but for me Id rather a fullback that can setup play or go 80m to score . I would have Duges playing in the centers , if we had a fullback that can ball play thats where we need to try Mann , Dufty or Field sooner than later as Duges is gone ....

possm

Coach
Dugan will be missed to some extent. But I am looking forward to a new style of fullback. Players like Fritzell and Nighty put in every bit as much as Dugan did but they aint dick heads. If only Dugan grew up some of us could respect him more. And even McCrone and Marketo could edit and put a good highlight clip together LOL
Dugan is slowing up and his body cannot take the bash and barge running style it has been doing over the past few years anymore. The natural progression for Dugan was to right centre. He and Mary canvased that when a right centre job was up for grabs in the NSW side. The only trouble is that we did not have an experienced first grade fullback in our squad to replace him. Mann was given the job however, it seemed like he had no individual training for that position and his shortfalls at the time, were not picked up by the coaching staff at training.

Anyway, Dugan should have been happy to receive an extra 1k per week and move to right centre under the offer tabled by Millward. I'm sure if this offer was sold in a positive way - as the Shark's offer was - Dugan would still be at our Club for the next 4 years.

I'm sure Dugan's greedy manager has a lot to do with building up Dugan's unrealistic expectations. I only hpep Dugan puts in for the rest of this season, I do think he at least owes the Dragons that for the consideration we have given him.

possm

Coach
He is getting more, 12 months more. Personally I'm not that upset he's going although he has carried us for a couple of years!
If Millward wanted to keep him he would have. We could have offered him an extra year - 700k will be the new 300k in 4yrs time. Same goes for Packer.

Old Timer

Coach
Re Dugan
No one really knows who said what in any of the meetings
We know the club offered a $$$ amount in Nov then set a deadline which it then revoked
We know Dugan said he wanted to remain a Dragon and that negotiations were ongoing with just a couple of things to iron out and he expected a deal to be done and left it with his manager
We know Millward entered the arena and made his ill timed and stupid statement re him not being the FB and annointing a 75kg 19 year old rookie for the job
Mary enters the fray and countermanded what Millard said
In amongst all if it the $1m announcement re Hunt is made and Widdop is upgraded despite lots of criticism and 2 years of up and down form
We all know it all went very pear shaped after that
Dugan despite all that has been said has been our best player in the backs for 3 or so years and has endured poor performing halves and the likes of Marketo, O'Brien etc in the forwards yet still busted his arse every game
We finally get a great forward roster, have Hunt coming and Widfop in good form all of which can bring the very best out in Dugan and people here start bagging him
He has been very veery good for us despite being behind an average team with very poor tactics
He stood tall, remained committed and passionate and stuck rock solid during some horrendous moments and games
How did we reward him?
Well guys compared to who we had in our roster Dugan is elite and by not offering a decent upgrade IMHO we did disrespect him

possm

Coach
Carlton I see your point , Duges always gives 100% but for me Id rather a fullback that can setup play or go 80m to score . I would have Duges playing in the centers , if we had a fullback that can ball play thats where we need to try Mann , Dufty or Field sooner than later as Duges is gone ....
Tonight is the deadline for Hayne to sign with the Titans for another year. If this timeline passes with out a contract extension, Hayne will be on the market and I hope we are in the mix for his signature. A one or two year deal would suit us fine. With a spine of;
Hayne
Widdop
Hunt
McInnes

we would have one of the best spines in the competition and possibly, the best halves combination and best forward pack. OMG, would have a team which could very well compete for a GF win.

possm

Coach
Re Dugan
No one really knows who said what in any of the meetings
We know the club offered a $$$ amount in Nov then set a deadline which it then revoked
We know Dugan said he wanted to remain a Dragon and that negotiations were ongoing with just a couple of things to iron out and he expected a deal to be done and left it with his manager
We know Millward entered the arena and made his ill timed and stupid statement re him not being the FB and annointing a 75kg 19 year old rookie for the job
Mary enters the fray and countermanded what Millard said
In amongst all if it the $1m announcement re Hunt is made and Widdop is upgraded despite lots of criticism and 2 years of up and down form
We all know it all went very pear shaped after that
Dugan despite all that has been said has been our best player in the backs for 3 or so years and has endured poor performing halves and the likes of Marketo, O'Brien etc in the forwards yet still busted his arse every game
We finally get a great forward roster, have Hunt coming and Widfop in good form all of which can bring the very best out in Dugan and people here start bagging him
He has been very veery good for us despite being behind an average team with very poor tactics
He stood tall, remained committed and passionate and stuck rock solid during some horrendous moments and games
How did we reward him?
Well guys compared to who we had in our roster Dugan is elite and by not offering a decent upgrade IMHO we did disrespect him
It was a mess, it is a mess; a Millward messs.

Old Timer

Coach
Tonight is the deadline for Hayne to sign with the Titans for another year. If this timeline passes with out a contract extension, Hayne will be on the market and I hope we are in the mix for his signature. A one or two year deal would suit us fine. With a spine of;
Hayne
Widdop
Hunt
McInnes

we would have one of the best spines in the competition and possibly, the best halves combination and best forward pack. OMG, would have a team which could very well compete for a GF win.
Sorry Possm but you can stick Hayne in your hairy arse
For us to lose Duges for Hayne would be a tragedy despite the fact Hayne is a complete self interested air head

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Maybe it was the fact that Dugan irked the club.

Sometimes we work alongside a good hard worker in our roles but the person has a personality that irks us.

You might think personality should have no bearing whether a person remains in a job or as part of a team, but our bosses and club managers are human, and if a person irks you, then generally they are told to find another job.

I know Dugan would annoy me if i had to spend any time with him.

Its just his persona.

I am not attempting to be negative to him, he is a good player and all.

The players did not seem to be bothered going by their upbeat, happy attitudes on the field vs warriors.

It looked like we had massively high team / club morale during the warriors game.

And then the club song sung inspirationally afterwards.

Who knows the real story....Go Saints!

blacksafake

First Grade
Hayne
Widdop
Hunt
McInnes

Sorry Possm but i can't run with the sign Hayne slogan.
If as you suggest signed a short term contract he'd only be marking time & not giving 100% as well as being a fair bit more expensive than Dugan.
I personally can't see him reaching the heights of 2009(almost 10 years ago).Some posters are saying Duges has/had attitude,well let me tell you he aint in the same post code as Hayne when it comes to attitude.I've seen it with my own eyes.He's a wanker.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Sorry Possm but i can't run with the sign Hayne slogan.
If as you suggest signed a short term contract he'd only be marking time & not giving 100% as well as being a fair bit more expensive than Dugan.
I personally can't see him reaching the heights of 2009(almost 10 years ago).Some posters are saying Duges has/had attitude,well let me tell you he aint in the same post code as Hayne when it comes to attitude.I've seen it with my own eyes.He's a wanker.

Apparently he's always dreamed of wearing the famous red V :rolleyes:

Life's Good

Coach
Hayne
Widdop
Hunt
McInnes

Do you need to keep turning threads into a rant about this so called mess created by Millward when you have ZERO insight into actual negotiations??