What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our predicted lineup R1

Crush

Coach
We all know that what McGregor should do and DOES is two, separate things.

I reckon the side he will choose will look something like:

1. Dufty.
2, MacDonald.
3. Aitken.
4. Lafai.
5. Nightingale.
6. Widdop.
7. Hunt.
13. Debellin.
12. Sims.
11. Frizell.
10. Vaughan.
9. McInnes.
8. Graham.

Reserves: 14. Au Mau
15. Latimore.
16. Allgood.
17. Host.
All correct except Mann will sit on the bench for 69 mins in place of Allgood.

Crush

Coach
Dufty
Mann
Aitken
Macdonald
Nightingale
That would be my slight adjustment. I'd like to see Mann on one wing with nighty on the other, try scoring machines.
And I don't rate Lafai, I think he is a waste of time.

Frank Facer

First Grade
We all know that what McGregor should do and DOES is two, separate things.

I reckon the side he will choose will look something like:

1. Dufty.
2, MacDonald.
3. Aitken.
4. Lafai.
5. Nightingale.
6. Widdop.
7. Hunt.
13. Debellin.
12. Sims.
11. Frizell.
10. Vaughan.
9. McInnes.
8. Graham.

Reserves: 14. Au Mau
15. Latimore.
16. Allgood.
17. Host.

I think Mary will pick your exact 1 to 13. I would not be surprised to see Leilua and or Mann on the bench instead of either Latimore or Allgood.

coastiedragon

Juniors
1 dufty
2 nene
3 mann
4 lafai
5 lomax
6 widdup
7 hunt
8 Vaughan
9 mcinnes
10 Graham
11 frizz
12 host
13 jdb

14 field
15 LAM
16 leilua
17 simms

* I know people say knighty a legend he played in our 2010 GF he is a legend but time to step a side
* I think field will be devastating coming on extra kegs with his speed a real danger

Country Dragon

Juniors
1 dufty
2 nene
3 mann
4 lafai
5 lomax
6 widdup
7 hunt
8 Vaughan
9 mcinnes
10 Graham
11 frizz
12 host
13 jdb

14 field
15 LAM
16 leilua
17 simms

* I know people say knighty a legend he played in our 2010 GF he is a legend but time to step a side
* I think field will be devastating coming on extra kegs with his speed a real danger
I'd be happy with this team to start the season!

Overseas dragon

Juniors
We all know our coach will select experience over Young guns and plodders over speed speed speed .sorry everyone but with this dickhead in control imagination is nowhere to be found and success is only an optional extra ......

Changa

Juniors
If we start Sims on the edge, then I believe we can carry both Sele and Leilua on the bench as Sims can push to the middle. Sele to cover 13 and Leilua 11 and 12. Both these players have an X factor, with their explosiveness and with ball in hand.

Just shows how important good forward rotation is, if managed well.

Old Timer

Coach
If we start Sims on the edge, then I believe we can carry both Sele and Leilua on the bench as Sims can push to the middle. Sele to cover 13 and Leilua 11 and 12. Both these players have an X factor, with their explosiveness and with ball in hand.

Just shows how important good forward rotation is, if managed well.
Absolutely imperative that Sims is on the field when Graham is off the field.
If both are off at the same time we will have no "punch or bite" for the want of a term.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Have to say, I (mostly) like this team too.

For mine, Mann should be in the team and is wasted on the wing so happy to see him at centre.

I'm all for Lomax starting on the wing and Host in the back row, although I wouldn't like to see Latimore anywhere near the 17.

The "Big four" - Lafai, Aitken, Night and Nene - should be fighting out 2 spots at most.
The big 4 should all mainly go - they're speed bumps on a modern highway FFS. Everyone here's just beating around the bush with them - really wishing they were gone?
Nighty you're letting the bouquets wither on a great career.

Hasler & Bennet would've shafted the lot by now..

It'd be refreshing to see real change on Thursday 8th and hear:

that Doust was on a oneway flight to Siberia (Petropavlovsk preferably - to manage a recalcitrant northern reindeer herd)
and that McAddled was lost in Toronto- last seen wa*king in an alleyway & muttering monosyllables calling for LOVECHILD

- but mainly to see:
Widdop - fullback
Lomax & Dufty - wing
Mann ( such great defence!) & ? - centre (Lafai if he can focus & stop his irritating habit of winking to suggest he's in control when he's not??).Herbert might get a run this year?
Hunt & Field - halves ( Hunt & Widdop may get in each other's way like Marshall & Widdop did?)
Forwards pick themselves - but Sims should start. Leilua in 17.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
The big 4 should all mainly go - they're speed bumps on a modern highway FFS. Everyone here's just beating around the bush with them - really wishing they were gone?
Nighty you're letting the bouquets wither on a great career.

Hasler & Bennet would've shafted the lot by now..

It'd be refreshing to see real change on Thursday 8th and hear:

that Doust was on a oneway flight to Siberia (Petropavlovsk preferably - to manage a recalcitrant northern reindeer herd)
and that McAddled was lost in Toronto- last seen wa*king in an alleyway & muttering monosyllables calling for LOVECHILD

- but mainly to see:
Widdop - fullback
Lomax & Dufty - wing
Mann ( such great defence!) & ? - centre (Lafai if he can focus & stop his irritating habit of winking to suggest he's in control when he's not??).Herbert might get a run this year?
Hunt & Field - halves ( Hunt & Widdop may get in each other's way like Marshall & Widdop did?)
Forwards pick themselves - but Sims should start. Leilua in 17.

Siberia is way to nicer place for Doust! I've visited that region and it's capital city Novosibirsk. Much like Alice Springs of Australia only the outskirts of the city and regional centres are very heavily forested and the winters much colder (-35deg C). I think a place like Iran, Afghanistan or West Africia may be a more appropriate spot for him to retire.

It won't be until mid 2018 that we will all truly know our best backline line-up but unfortunately if Mary takes the 'safe' option in round one, it will be too late by then. I'd say it's time to be brave and select on pre-season form. For those who have competed pre-season training and trials under-done, for them it will be off to reserve grade for them to redeem themselves. For me the likes of Macdonald, Aiken and Nightingale will have to have had an outstanding pre-season to be considered for first grade selection and the likes of Lomax, Herbert and Mann would have to have had an un-inspiring pre-season not to be considered for first grade selection.

mickeylane

Bench
1. Field
2. Mann
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. McDonald

6. Widdop
7. Hunt

8. Vaughan
9. Mciness
10. Graham
11. Frizell
12. Simms
13. JDB

14. Host
15. Ah Mau
16. Allgood
17. Leilua

tumbidragon

First Grade
1. Field
2. Mann
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. McDonald

6. Widdop
7. Hunt

8. Vaughan
9. Mciness
10. Graham
11. Frizell
12. Simms
13. JDB

14. Host
15. Ah Mau
16. Allgood
17. Leilua
Bit harsh on Dufty considering he had a pretty good 6 game end of the season while we as a team sputtered out of contention. The only fault he had were his kick returns. I'd put your house on it that he was told to find Nene, rather than take the hit himself...
Apart from that, I don't mind that 17 at all.

Life's Good

Coach
As a predicted line-up I think they have it probably right. Not that I agree with it it is probably what it will be.
My lineup would be:
1. Dufty
2 & 5. Mann and Nene
3 & 4. Aitken and Lafai
6.Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Friz
12. Host
13. JDB
14. LAM
15. Sims
16. Leilua
17. Sele

Unfortunately Nighty misses out just cant find a place for him in a team that beeds to be going forward.
Having a utility back is a waste of time and if McGregor wants to persist with the power game he needs to have 4 forwards that can be rotated if necessary.
Burn-out was our biggest issue last season, i think 4 forwards on the bench would go a long way of solving that problem.
This is a team I like. My only change would be Nighty for Nene.
Nene needs time to find form or FO. Nighty gets a shot but may only be there until Lomax is ready(I’m hoping sooner rather than later).
Your bench looks lively with plenty of power & ball playing potential.

Drag Queen

Bench
Don't hold your breath, I believe Latimore (in particular) is a lay down misere.
Excuse me for saying I love playing 500. I'll play dumb on this one though. I'm not sure your analogy is taking the piss, or we have a contender with Latimore. This guy was outstanding in the ISP win. He may prove to be a point scorer and an organiser.

Drag Queen

Bench
Bit harsh on Dufty considering he had a pretty good 6 game end of the season while we as a team sputtered out of contention. The only fault he had were his kick returns. I'd put your house on it that he was told to find Nene, rather than take the hit himself...
C'mon.. We are weak at No 1. For all Dugan's foilbles he should have been our fullback. Stopped tries and got at least back to the 20 metre line. I'll miss Duges even when he f**cked up.

Drag Queen

Bench
Not harsh at all mate. He had a good debut and then it went south. I'll reserve judgement until I see him playing out of his skin. Deer in the headlights was my last impression. I may be wrong but any other coach will have a target on his back. Quick, tick. Defence will let him down every time though. A very similar player to Quinlan imo.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
C'mon.. We are weak at No 1. For all Dugan's foilbles he should have been our fullback. Stopped tries and got at least back to the 20 metre line. I'll miss Duges even when he f**cked up.
C'mon... We were weak at fullback, when we had Dugan playing there. He provided no try assists, scored very few tries himself and basically handicapped our attack. Just remember, no other clubs wanted his as their fullback either. With Dufty at fullback, we have someone with blistering speed, who can ball play too. I also believe that he could become a more dangerous bringing the ball back, than Dugan was. Dufty can get better, while Dugan didn't. I believe that Dufty will go well next year at fullback for us and most will be happy that we let Dugan go, even you too.

We also have Field as another potential fullback. I seriously think that Field will make it in the NRL as a fullback, but I am not sure if it will be at our club or somewhere else.

I would rather Dufty or Field over Dugan at fullback for us this year. I also don't think we are weak at fullback this year, I actually think we have 2 better fullbacks than Dugan.

I think the fact that Dugan gets picked for NSW and Australia, gives some of our fans an exaggerated opinion of him.

Latest posts