What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our run to the finals

maple_69

Bench
If you take any positives out of that game it’s that we were strangling the Titans and making easy metres whenever we weren’t dropping the ball and giving away penalties. If we can cut the crap and be patient we’ll be not far off the form that took us to the top. From there we get to see what this side does (supposedly) unshackled.

Sharks finish the year with the Knights, Bulldogs and Cowboys. They'll win all 3.

We should beat the Knights, Warriors game is 50/50 and Storm will be tough.

I'd much prefer Melbourne win.

tripster

Juniors
Given we have a game against the storm it might be better for the Sharks to win. Gives us a chance of a top 2 spot.

True, but only if you see us beating the Storm in Melbourne. I think that’s a low chance.

At this point, however, looks academic anyway, seems like Sharks are going to beat the Storm.

True, but only if you see us beating the Storm in Melbourne. I think that’s a low chance.

At this point, however, looks academic anyway, seems like Sharks are going to beat the Storm.

Yeah they won.

We probably need one of Souths or Roosters to lose 2/3 of we’re going to be top 2.

The storm loss may be for the best though, means they’re more likely to finish 3rd or 4th, meaning if we can snag the other spot our week 1 final will be in Sydney against Roosters or Souths. That’s better.

tripster

Juniors
An interesting few weeks of football left now.

Dragons play Tigers next week. With the Dragons form slump and Tigers trying their hearts out to make the 8, you’d have to think Tigers are a good chance of winning that game. The game is at Leichhardt. Should be an absolute cracker.

Dogs play Warriors at ANZ. The race to avoid the spoon is alive and Dogs have started to show some form. Dogs could win that game.

Sharks play NQ at Shark Park. NQ are running last. Again you’d think they will be trying their guts out to avoid the spoon. Sharks should win but NZ could pull it off.

Broncos play Souths in Brisbane. Referees will do everything they can to hand the Brocnos that game, but it will only take them to lose by 14 points and Tigers to win by 15 points and Tigers will slip into 8th.

You’d have to say we have the easiest game next week, playing the Knights. f**k I hope we win it. If we serve up the shit of the past 3 weeks there is absolutely no guarantee.

2 out of 3 wins will very likely get us top 4.

Dragons would probably have to win all 3 of their games to get past us, don’t see that happening. And even if they did that’s no guarantee they would, our F/A is now superior to theirs.

martielang

Bench
Both of these teams would destroy us ATM.

I didn’t see that tbh. Plenty of errors, clunky backline plays & sideways movement.

For sure we were worse, but I don’t think that game or Souths v Roosters were particularly high quality games. Both can play a hell of a lot better though.

tripster

Juniors
Just saw the only way to beat Melbourne. Lots of offloads which is a strength of our squad

Sharks got the mix of tough meters earned by the forwards, fast play the balls and ball movement just right. The game was also in the balance early in the second half when the Storm had a ton of ball on the Sharks line and the Sharks defended incredibly well to hold them out.

We can’t get any of those aspects of our game right at the moment.

Storm also made a lot of mistakes and weren’t their usual selves in a lot of parts of the game - I suspect they were still a bit worn down from the brutal contest against Souths the week before.

Provided one of the teams we beat is the Warriors and provided also the Sharks don't overtake us on for and against.

Nah, the warriors F/A is terrible. We should be able to lose to them and still make the top 4 if we win the other 2 games. They’re 76 points behind us.

The sharks are probably the best chance to get over us, but 2/3 would still have us as firm favourites for the top 4 spot. As long as the loss isn’t a total blow out.