What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our teams tactics.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
You have to scratch your head.
I had a few questions answered last night.

firstly Kicking.
Sharks have been under instruction to not kick on the 4 th tackle. The entire time BK was out.
last night, BK kicked on the 4th 4 times & once on the second.
They have also been under instruction to bomb the posts, not the corners.
BK peppered the corners 4 times last night.
twice for tries. & one was on a 4th tackle kick.
Greg Bird has been kicking for touch. he kicks +50m lat night, for our penalties, BK kicked them. His first 2 went 25m & 15m. At a time when we really needed distance.

The interchange
it is a given now. Rapes has no idea how use the interchange effectively.
First rotation happened at 27 minutes. Gallos & sully
Bickers id not come on until 50th minute & left with 10 to go I think.
Stevo came back on 4 minutes before halftime.
Nuttley rotated twice before Bickers had come on.
Lomu came on I think because he found a rotation number to use.
It is Bullshyte.

The bench
it is also now a gimme, that Rapes has no idea how to shape his bench.
Our first idea was when Aitken was on the bench against Illawarra.

Defensive Patterns
It has aslo been answered that Raper struggles wtih defensive patterns.
It seems he is unsure of what to do with online defense, changing tactics numerous times through the year. To the point, where the players are confused of what he wants.

Kick Chase
they have no clear training methods for kick chase.

Mr Raper may find himself under pressure next year.

Mako

Juniors
DJDL how do you get a question like that from what was written???

Seems to me the thread is about weaknesses that BTR sees or has had pointed out to him.

Some really interesting points there and goes some way to answering something that has had me perplexed for a while. I mentioned in a thread a couple of weeks back that it seemed like some part of the team was not playing its part, and that "part" of the team was different every week. I said that if they all get it together at the same time they could be awesome.

Well its the coaches job to get all the parts playing to the same plan each week and knowing their job and what everyone else is doing. The sort of thing BTR is pointing out gives some explanation to what I thought I saw happening. IE Confusion from the coach during the game confuses the players and whatever part of the team that confusion is effecting falls of the game plan - then it all comes unstuck.

Just my thoughts

solid points reefy - the facts would seem to back it up.
we sure seem like a bloody rabble. not good.

think about the difference the coach made at the roosters: pre-sticky = latte departure lounge / post-sticky = benchmarks

i feel raper can step up to the mark but he has some way to go yet and patience will start to wear a little thin if it doesn't start coming together at a reasonable stage thru next season.

Surely

Post Whore
I find it hard to criticise his coaching .. Raper has done a fair job with an ordinary team.

We were outplayed Sat night ... pure and simple, it happens to the beast of sides.

Mander didn't help either and if he ever eats in my restaurant he'll be getting a lovely Veal Cordon Shit ... tender veal stuffed with ham and fresh turd, lightly crumbed and fried till golden.

Lets see him get that fudge out with a toothpick !

newman

First Grade
Yeah, the fourth and fifth tackle options were pretty shocking. For the first twenty minutes we didnt get ONE pressure relieving downtown. In fact, didnt we give a changeover in, like, the third set of the game when we were under the hammer? We couldnt even get a kick away.

Melbournes kicking game, on the other hand, was frustratingly superb. How many balls sat up half a metre from the dead ball line? Geez, to have kicker that trains using those shallow in goals at Olympic park, thatd be awesome. Oh hang on, we do, he kicks it dead all the time.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
newman said:
. Oh hang on, we do, he kicks it dead all the time.
Hang on Newman, we didnt kick any balls dead. well BK didnt.
He chose a few better options in my opinion except for the 3, yes 3, ridiculous grubbers he put in. On 2 of those we would have scored if he had more faith in the guys outside him.
Interesting to note, we had 0 repeat sets.
Also interesting, our most damaging kicker, Peachey kicked once this week.
Our kicking game overall was a 4/10 effort.
melbournes was 8/10

carinashark

First Grade
When Anderson was coach in his last year there was a feeling the players where not following instuctions . The same thing seems to be happening again. Is Raper explaining himself?
I wonder'd about Atkien playing from the bench as well . Is Raper being pressured to use him? He is a PL player at best and is just taking up space on the bench.
carinashark

carinashark

First Grade
When Anderson was coach in his last year there was a feeling the players where not following instuctions . The same thing seems to be happening again. Is Raper explaining himself?
I wonder'd about Atkien playing from the bench as well . Is Raper being pressured to use him? He is a PL player at best and is just taking up space on the bench.
carinashark

b_shark

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
newman said:
. Oh hang on, we do, he kicks it dead all the time.
Hang on Newman, we didnt kick any balls dead. well BK didnt.
He chose a few better options in my opinion except for the 3, yes 3, ridiculous grubbers he put in. On 2 of those we would have scored if he had more faith in the guys outside him.
Interesting to note, we had 0 repeat sets.
Also interesting, our most damaging kicker, Peachey kicked once this week.
Our kicking game overall was a 4/10 effort.
melbournes was 8/10

With the amount of times that the grubbers 10-20m from outside the line absolutely blow up in our face (ie: the opposition scooping them up and scoring at the other end) you would think they would be off limits

Nullajet

Juniors
I thought i read where Raper admitted he was having problems devising and working the defence.....hopefully he gets it all where he wants it by next year......or even better.this weekend.