What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our weakness

Drag Queen

Bench
Yeah he went ok.

Can only play who they put in front of him, not his fault it was that great league nation Lebanon.

You would want to go ok against that lot wouldn't you, LOL.

His passes were good.

Shame he never took on the line, just passed the ball metres in front of any defenders....but that's his game I guess.

It won't do.much vs storm, roosters, cowboys, sharks and so on.

Rugged and tough five eighth isn't he....not.

At least little Benny Hunt will take the line on, so one out of two isn't bad.....is it.
I take it that you're not a fan. I am, and I'm not sure what I'm missing here. And next time leave out the LOL. Makes you look like a juvenile which I'm pretty sure your are. Yawn.

TruSaint

Referee
Agree fully with what you say Tru......I was on about it big time last season.....Its not just the amount of tackles Cam makes if you study his defence hes usually the first one in on the tackle takes on the big opposition forwards head on, which in itself takes a heavy toll on his body.....if you take the other Cam, Smith from Storm he is on most occasions the last person in on the tackle (a ploy he uses to slow the play the ball down ) which users up far less juice and thefefore hes got the energy to dart from dummy half and control the ruck area.....unless MaCgregor (if hes capable) changes his game plan for McInness then expect the same in 2018

Great point highlighted BSE...

Mary will either stay on his course, which will burn Cam Mc out very quickly and make him null and void in attack, or will look at 2017, and learn that your nine is more than a d/h distributor and tackler.

Honestly, in games where he was busted a ten minute rest would have done our Cam the world of good. Yet, in 6 or so games, we used 16 players, which beggars belief in 2017 when the game revolves around 17. It is and has been for some time a 17 man game.

I remain hopeful but not confident that the club, coaching staff will look at the rotation of players leading into 2018, as i am sure there were at least 2-3 games this season where we "could" have secured 2 points by taking advantage of the bench wisely. Just because someone CAN play 80 minutes, doesnt they have to every game.

Drag Queen

Bench
Great point highlighted BSE...

Mary will either stay on his course, which will burn Cam Mc out very quickly and make him null and void in attack, or will look at 2017, and learn that your nine is more than a d/h distributor and tackler.

Honestly, in games where he was busted a ten minute rest would have done our Cam the world of good. Yet, in 6 or so games, we used 16 players, which beggars belief in 2017 when the game revolves around 17. It is and has been for some time a 17 man game.

I remain hopeful but not confident that the club, coaching staff will look at the rotation of players leading into 2018, as i am sure there were at least 2-3 games this season where we "could" have secured 2 points by taking advantage of the bench wisely. Just because someone CAN play 80 minutes, doesnt they have to every game.
Spot on Blood Shot Eyes.

TruSaint

Referee
Yes, caught the ball ran 7 me

Still a great finisher but really need to judge him in the bigger games on how may players burn him for speed. That is the problem

Have the utmost respect for Flo.

One club man, and yes he has deficiencies in terms of speed. Will be last year for Saints, so i hope he leaves on a good note.

Have never had the privilege of meeting Jason, but he seems the type of bloke to leave when he knows its time. 2018 will see him out.

Nene on the other hand, really needs to aim up, as he has been a real disappointment in my eyes. I was excited when we signed him, but he is half the player he was up north.

hazzbeen

Bench

One club man, and yes he has deficiencies in terms of speed. Will be last year for Saints, so i hope he leaves on a good note.

Have never had the privilege of meeting Jason, but he seems the type of bloke to leave when he knows its time. 2018 will see him out.

Nene on the other hand, really needs to aim up, as he has been a real disappointment in my eyes. I was excited when we signed him, but he is half the player he was up north.
Hi mate on Flo has been great for a long time , and 30 m out he can score a try as good as anyone , but thats about it . As for Nene he needs a bomb put under him for such a big bloke that has reasonable speed but lacks the aggression and belief that will take him to the next level .

TruSaint

Referee
Hi mate on Flo has been great for a long time , and 30 m out he can score a try as good as anyone , but thats about it . As for Nene he needs a bomb put under him for such a big bloke that has reasonable speed but lacks the aggression and belief that will take him to the next level .

Hazza, cant argue with that my friend. I agree 100%. My point was that Flo, even with his size and speed deficiencies, does better than Nene at the minute. No argument that the great Flo is on his last season. He has served us well, and played above his weight. Love the kid .

PS i hope nene comes good, as he has it in him, just seems to fade in and out of games.

Qdf

Juniors

I've already stipulated Mary has used Nene as a extra forward. (Battering Ram)Widdop also usually runs toward Nightingales wing.
Hunt will change that one dimensional
play & give us some various plays,like a bomb or two ,down Nene's wing,so he can do what he's supposed to do.Score tries..In other words Mary f#cked up again...

TruSaint

Referee
I've already stipulated Mary has used Nene as a extra forward. (Battering Ram)Widdop also usually runs toward Nightingales wing.
play & give us some various plays,like a bomb or two ,down Nene's wing,so he can do what he's supposed to do.Score tries..In other words Mary f#cked up again...

Hope you are right. Truly do.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hazz....read an article today where Daniel Topau from the Roosters had a great deal of respect for SBW when he played for them and really gave him a lot of confidence and Sonny got on to him when he happened to slacken off so to speak.....maybe Graham can do the same fof Nene who like you say needs a bomb under him .....I havnt written McDonald off just yet but like Tru Saint said was a disappointment in 2017...I personally think hes got the abilty but he goes missing during games, and his sense of urgency is almost non existent at times....actually at times he reminds me of a young Justin Hodges

JDHD

Juniors

Let's not forget that Hunt has spent the last three seasons with Corey Oates as a wing target, so he's had practice.

denis preston

First Grade
C'mon mate. Credit where it's due. Flo's a fighter.

I agree he sure is but I can't help the ringing in my ear of better to retire one year too early rather than one year too late. Surely the only reason for resigning him was the attractive long term player dispensation ? I guess he deserves his spot if no one else can do better but for me Mann already can and McDonald should flourish on Hunts kicking game. If not pick one of the 3 backs from ressies and see how they go because we need wide speed more than anything else at present.

Latest posts