What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ownership of being wrong thread 2018

unKwn

Juniors
I too was wrong about moylan. thought his fallout with Griffin was nothing but selfish, as I presumed the playing group enjoyed Hooks company. boy was I wrong, turns out Griffin was the arrogant one. yes Moylan may have been lazy and at times not as committed, but it probably comes down to the reason that moylan did not like Griffin or the fact that Griffin made him captain. #moylandidnothingwrong. would still love to eliminate him in the finals tho :wink:

mxlegend99

Referee
I too was wrong about moylan. thought his fallout with Griffin was nothing but selfish, as I presumed the playing group enjoyed Hooks company. boy was I wrong, turns out Griffin was the arrogant one. yes Moylan may have been lazy and at times not as committed, but it probably comes down to the reason that moylan did not like Griffin or the fact that Griffin made him captain. #moylandidnothingwrong. would still love to eliminate him in the finals tho :wink:
I would love to eliminate him too. But I was never convinced it was Moylans doing to begin with.

It's nearly always more complicated than that. It just sucks we sided with a coach we ultimately sacked anyway. Can't help but wonder where Carty and Moylan would be both clubwise and career wise. Moylan will have agreat career still.

But Carty will never reach his potential now. Although that's mostly on him. I think a better coach could have managed different personalities better.

Even Bennett has managed a mental case in Boyd his entire career. He just knows what different players need.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Might have already admitted this one before but ill say it again. Moses Leota is 100x the player I thought he was. Was brilliant last night
That happens to a lot of our juniors. They show some potential in first grade but are not ready for it and the next year the improve out of sight. Same thing with JFH.

soc123_au

Staff member
Might have already admitted this one before but ill say it again. Moses Leota is 100x the player I thought he was. Was brilliant last night
I'm with you on this one. He has been great since coming back from his injury.

Shout out to Aussie Jim. I love seeing old statue head the last few weeks. I hope he is still here next year if he keeps playing like he has been.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Any merkin who said Moylan couldnt play 5/8th put your hand up.

His kicking game is shit... he cant tackle... he only performs against shit teams (i guess you could argue we are one).

He is ending our season right now.

Guess we need to get Gould on here then, given that he apparently didn't want to see Moylan at 6. If Gould wants to be a coach, then he should become a coach again. If he doesn't, he should just shut up and let the coach get on with it unless he's asked for advice.

Fangs

Coach
Moylan was excellent, deserves a hand but won't receive it from some on here.

With that said, I hate Cronulla.

Fangs

Coach
Time to start talking about the 2019 squad.

I'm sure it is clear to everyone that changes are necessary. We had another awful start and actually had chances to steal it at the end but couldn't convert.

We 'shit the bed' so to speak.

Honestly, are there any leaders in this team?

Tamou had a big second half but I was really disappointed with his first half for such an experienced player.

Maloney has the C, but purely based on experience. He isn't a leader and that was clear to most a while back.

We are very keen on developing within. Cleary I felt was a bit chirpier today, in the sheds and on the paddock. Maybe he is the man for the job.

I think we need to recruit with leadership in mind. Someone to steer the ship, because no one is steering it right now.

betcats

Referee
Moylan > Maloney. Moylans tackle on Yeo was a try saver, Maloney comes up with a poor kick, 7!tackle set and they go up and score their first try. Maloney should’ve gone for the repeat set and built pressure it was our first crack at them and we got Yeo one on one with Moylan already. Big time winner Maloney was rattled by the talk before the game and went for a big play.

Moylan > Maloney. Moylans tackle on Yeo was a try saver, Maloney comes up with a poor kick, 7!tackle set and they go up and score their first try. Maloney should’ve gone for the repeat set and built pressure it was our first crack at them and we got Yeo one on one with Moylan already. Big time winner Maloney was rattled by the talk before the game and went for a big play.
Moylan is a brat, and I am so glad that he is no longer a Panther.

He’s a champion. He wouldn’t of missed a field goal right in front with the game on the line.
I am not saying that he isn't a great player, he is. The way he left the Panthers, and the way he treats some fans, is appalling. I have seen this first hand.

Latest posts