What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ownership of being wrong thread 2018

tripster

Juniors
I was also wrong about tonight. I thought there was no hope in hell of us winning. Not just because of the players who were out but because of the shit we served up last week against Manly. I was really just hoping we kept the score line respectable. Really great win.

I was also wrong about tonight. I thought there was no hope in hell of us winning. Not just because of the players who were out but because of the shit we served up last week against Manly. I was really just hoping we kept the score line respectable. Really great win.
With the benefit of hindsight, those games were needed.

mxlegend99

Referee
Whare is a terrible fullback. Not his fault he ended up there though. His centre form has been improving.

Maloney... well he found his 2017 form again. Even at his best he's as likely to set a try up for the opposition as he is us.

age.s

First Grade
I was willing to give Maloney the benefit of the doubt. He had a few shockers early in the season but had a very good middle period which made it look like cobwebs being blown out. I don't want to go too crazy after a single loss, our season is far from over (50 point hoodoo aside) but any more of those performances and very serious questions need to be asked how soon his stint in SL should start. The contrast between tonight and our performances over the last few weeks are striking.

However I don't think there's a world in which he can remain captain. The team cannot afford their leader to be capable of repeated, utterly boneheaded plays. Replacement would be Yeo preferably, but Merrin, Whare and even Aussie Jim would all be better options atm.

Random thought, I really miss Wallace. :(

No idea what anyone would expect of Whare. Yes he's a turd fullback, but who else goes there? Chrichton? Lol, just no. Mansour and Blake are options I guess but given they've never played there it's hard to see them doing any better.

Das Hassler

Bench
I know you wouldnt but if you HAD to....Cleary would make an outstanding FB.....with Luai at 7 it would be interesting
Just what iffing....

Exsilium

First Grade
Between injuries, origin and other disruptions, I think we are holding it together but only just.

One of two things happens now. We let the reality sink in and strike back or they continue to slide.

I think we should just throw May at centre, Whare wing and DWZ, barring injury, at fullback. Blake and sauce retain their spots.

Cleary needs to sort his shit out. Start of the year it was “eyes up” footy from The halves but now it’s just rinse and repeat. I don’t blame Maloney for our losses but geez he needs some help from our line runners and decoys. We telegraph plays with our shitty decoys. Here’s a tip fellas, you have to look like you’re going to get the ball, not just run a line and reset.

I also think we’re not being given a fair go in the ruck. We just don’t get away with much, unlike the early rounds where we dominated the ruck.

Sime_11

Juniors
Maloney was shit last night no doubt, but we don’t sit in the top 4 for most of the year when Nathan goes down injured.

Sure as shit Moylan wouldn’t have taken the reins and steered the team for those 8 weeks.

Maloney needs a kick up the ass for sure, but I think there’s a bit of overreaction from last night ....

OldPanther

Coach
Oh and you know this for sure? You do not know my thought processes.

I don't need to read your mind you put your bias out there for all to see. You are willing to criticise and even say a good player should be dropped but a player you like can't be criticised under any circumstances.

snickers007

Juniors
Maloney was shit last night no doubt, but we don’t sit in the top 4 for most of the year when Nathan goes down injured.

Sure as shit Moylan wouldn’t have taken the reins and steered the team for those 8 weeks.

Maloney needs a kick up the ass for sure, but I think there’s a bit of overreaction from last night ....

Seems to me that Maloney and Cleary aren't compatible. We've looked our most dangerous this season when Cleary was injured and Maloney ran the show (and again when Luai and May were in).

In previous seasons, I think we've been most dangerous when Cleary has been paired with an off the cuff player, like Moylan and Cartwright.

If we're to be any chance this year and in the future, we need to sort out our spine combinations. If Maloney and Cleary can't co-exist, we need to get Luai in to partner Cleary, give us some spark. But we need to have Cleary locked down for that - otherwise we risk another Wallace and Gower situation, and be left with Sammut and Lewis playing in the halves.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Tbh Laui did worse at FB than Whare. He was terribly caught out of position on the chip kick. I can't remember the last time I've seen an FB caught that far deep. It such a terrible error to make. Throwing the ball around when you're down by 28 or whatever it was and making a mistake then isn't nearly as bad.

Last edited:

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Seems to me that Maloney and Cleary aren't compatible. We've looked our most dangerous this season when Cleary was injured and Maloney ran the show (and again when Luai and May were in).

In previous seasons, I think we've been most dangerous when Cleary has been paired with an off the cuff player, like Moylan and Cartwright.

If we're to be any chance this year and in the future, we need to sort out our spine combinations. If Maloney and Cleary can't co-exist, we need to get Luai in to partner Cleary, give us some spark. But we need to have Cleary locked down for that - otherwise we risk another Wallace and Gower situation, and be left with Sammut and Lewis playing in the halves.
Disagree. Game against the Dragons was by far the best game of the year for us. Far ahead of our performance against the Warriors or the Cowboys.

I don't need to read your mind you put your bias out there for all to see. You are willing to criticise and even say a good player should be dropped but a player you like can't be criticised under any circumstances.
It is called having an OPINION. It is clear that you are going to nitpick everything that I write, and I'm okay with that. I am so glad that you feel this way.