What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Packer confirmed to tigers

SBD82

Coach
I have held out hope that all of the rumors were untrue about packer signing with the tigers, but it's been confirmed today.

Congrats on a great buy. For a bloke that came to our club with so much baggage he has been an absolute standout on and off the field.

I'm filthy. You guys have got yourselves a good one.

Clifferd

Coach
f**king oath merkins

Sorry it had to be at your expense but he was exactly the signing we've been needing for years

You guys will still have plenty of front row depth and if anything positive comes out of it atleast you guys should have the money to secure Dugan

Sucks for the Saints who rehabilitated him, but it's nice to be on the good end of this sort of situation for a change.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I have held out hope that all of the rumors were untrue about packer signing with the tigers, but it's been confirmed today.

Congrats on a great buy. For a bloke that came to our club with so much baggage he has been an absolute standout on and off the field.

I'm filthy. You guys have got yourselves a good one.

You've still got Vaughan who IMO is the number 1 prop in the game at the moment. He was unbelievable against the Sharks. If he's not the first player picked for NSW then what the f*ck are we doing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sucks for the Saints who rehabilitated him, but it's nice to be on the good end of this sort of situation for a change.

yeah i feel for saints fans, but to be fair its not like they soley threw him a lifeline as penrith were after him too at the time.

anyways good signing for us.

packer/matulino is a huge upgrade on woods/ava

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Will be the best signing in our history. The guy is ridiculous. We've never had a player like him. If anyone touches Brooksy they will have to deal with Rusty. Finally our forward pack will be feared not laughed at. Can you believe we got Matulino and Crusty for the price of Sharon Woods? Justin Pascoe is a GENIUS!

SBD82

Coach
You've still got Vaughan who IMO is the number 1 prop in the game at the moment. He was unbelievable against the Sharks. If he's not the first player picked for NSW then what the f*ck are we doing.
Vaughan is quality no doubt, but the one two punch with packer and Vaughan and jdb playing off the back of them has been the catalyst for our early good form. Packer and Vaughan are making each other look even better than they already are.

Packer is a key element to our middle and it will take a quality signing or a massive step up from one of our bench props to replace him.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Sensational signing. Cleary says he will get better. Imagine that.

Next year our forwards will look like a professional pack. It's been a long time.

If it is true we got Packer and Matulino for the price of Woods if I ever see Woodsy I will shake his hand and thank him for such a major contribution in turning the Tigers around by leaving.

Tiger05

First Grade
Vaughan is quality no doubt, but the one two punch with packer and Vaughan and jdb playing off the back of them has been the catalyst for our early good form. Packer and Vaughan are making each other look even better than they already are.

Packer is a key element to our middle and it will take a quality signing or a massive step up from one of our bench props to replace him.

This 3 prop rotation in the middle of tough fast big guys is hard to stop. It gives you a massive boost.

We now have 2 quality props and I think both are better team players than Woods. Woods is good at times but he isn't the guy who does that first one or even two tough hit-ups.