What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Packer or Graham

Slippery Morris

First Grade
People seem to forget that Graham is also available as well as Packer. Not sure why Tigers or others are not chasing Graham ahead of Packer. They should all be throwing money at the Englishman if they want a forward to build their team around.

If you had a choice of Packer or Graham in the red V next season who would you consider?

Not saying Packer is bad but I wish most teams would focus on Graham and not trying to take Packer from Saints.

possm

Coach
I really don't want to lose Packer, Lafai, Milne and Mann. If we extend the contracts of Dugan and Packer, it is very likely we will lose the other 3. Neither Lafai, Milne or Mann are in Millwards future plans beyond this season.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I think that Graham is on close to 1,000,000 where Packer is on 500,000
Now tell who is better value

That's off a back-ended contract. Dare say if Bulldogs are desperate to make room in their cap they will contribute to his salary. Obviously no club is going to pick up the $1million dollar backended deal without Bulldogs contributing.

possm

Coach
I'd rather Packer than Graham however, I doubt the Dogs are looking at off-loading Graham. Hoppa, Reynolds and the Morris twins may be the ones to go with Woods, Dugan and Foran the ones to join the Dogs on large TPAs.

SBD82

Coach
I rate graham, great ball playing prop who plays with skill and heart.

Having said that, I think the game has moved on from the style of play that made him so effective, and I think it's also the reason the bulldogs have been mediocre for the past couple of seasons.

His great strength was that he could take the ball to the line with intent, attract a couple of defenders, and pop a good short ball to one of the behemoth bulldog props (kasiano and Pritchard mostly). It left defenders isolated one on one with those blokes, who are very hard to stop when charging.

With the reduced interchange and The speed of the game it seems to be fazing out blokes like Pritchard, Kasiano and gorgeous George, who were good for a 15 minute impact.

Still rate graham, but with this taken out of his game I think he has become a fairly standard prop. Hardworking and heaps of heart, but no longer a game changer.

Drakon

Juniors
Probably Packer. Mainly due to Graham's age. Packer makes quite a few mistakes too. Dropped balls etc. He needs to run with a bit more mongrel. He doesn't run flat out most times. Imagine if he ran with the intent of a Martin Lang!

Carlton

Juniors
Probably Packer. Mainly due to Graham's age. Packer makes quite a few mistakes too. Dropped balls etc. He needs to run with a bit more mongrel. He doesn't run flat out most times. Imagine if he ran with the intent of a Martin Lang!

The thing packer does really well is he gets his head ans shoulders through the line hits the deck doesn't get rolled onto his back and plays the ball quickly. Its not just about metres, its also about speed. Not running speed but play the ball speed.

Drakon

Juniors
The thing packer does really well is he gets his head ans shoulders through the line hits the deck doesn't get rolled onto his back and plays the ball quickly. Its not just about metres, its also about speed. Not running speed but play the ball speed.
This is true. He used to do that a bit better than he does now though. But if he ran with the intent as mentioned - now there's a player!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Without doubt, Packer.

If there's a fault in his game I've noticed, it's his penchant for dwardling back onside when the opposition have kicked the ball back.

A little more urgency please, Russell.