Pantherjims Irish politics thread

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by Pommy, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

If it was a flag glorifying the murder of civilians you would love it.

2. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

Ah, no I wouldn't.

In any case, your security forces pretty much did collude in murdering civilians.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  3. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

Another “freedom of speech/expression dilemma” for the right, Northern Ireland style:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-of-raheem-sterling-controversy-36968728.html

Sky News; supporting freedom of speech and expression, but only when it suits their agenda.

4. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

Northern Ireland style? What are you saying people aren’t allowed to criticise and exercise freedom of speech if it involves Northern Ireland?

5. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

“Northern Ireland Style” refers to the “Free Derry Corner” tat which young James sports on his thigh:

08E6DD8C-16ED-4E8B-A4A2-227CF71DA181.jpeg

What I’m saying is if you work for a politically agenda driven organisation which champions free speech, you probably shouldn’t be criticising someone for expressing their freedom of speech, just because you’re a former Brit SAS soldier and are offended by a Republican tat.

6. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

So who is and isn’t allowed free speech? Lol

7. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

James McClean obviously isn’t allowed because his Republican sympathy offends Brits who happen to work for Sky News.

8. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

Ex SAS soldier isn’t allowed because it upsets man on internet.

9. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

Ex SAS soldier shouldn’t suggest that a footy player should be sacked for having an opinion.

10. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

Ex SAS soldier isnt allowed opinion says man on internet.

11. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

Ex SAS Soldier is allowed to have any opinions they like, as long as they are prepared to be called out on their hypocrisy if their opinions contradict their values

12. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

What about your hypocrisy on demanding free speech whilst condemning others for using their free speech?

Plus I feel you have missed the whole context of the story in the first place.
    Raheem Sterling is about to go to the World Cup with a freshly done M16 tattoo on his leg. I think it’s because his dad was shot dead or something and he promised he would never go down that path.
    People have called for him to be removed form the England squad, banned from the EPL etc etc.
    This guy as a journalist (or whatever he is) has pointed out someone else who he thinks has a terrorist supporting tattoo and brought it in to the spotlight in the context of that much larger story.
    Nobody else gives a f**k about James McClean or his tattoos as he’s a bang average footballer at best.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  13. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

I’ll be amazed if you can actually point out where I suggested that I was anti-free speech.

You can believe and say whatever you want, but if you’re prepared to label some guy a “Terrorist” on Social Media based on a tattoo and your own prejudices as a NI veteran against the Republican community, be prepared to get treated like the dickhead that you are on Social Media.

14. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

They’re “Deeply Uncomfortable”?! How do they think the families of their victims have been feeling for years?

https://www.forces.net/news/head-ar...n-ireland-investigations-deeply-uncomfortable

I guess Northern Irish families who lost someone in Bloody Sunday, Ballymurphy etc should be told to forget about justice on the grounds that it will make the Brit Veterans “deeply uncomfortable”?

15. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

So that’s not anti free speech? Ok then...

Also did he call him a terrorist or did he say it was a terror supporting tattoo?

16. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

How does that translate to you “that he should be banned/prevented from saying that James should be sacked from footy for having an opinion” ?

All I was suggesting was that it was a stupid thing to say.

You’re clutching at straws.

He linked a tattoo with terrorism FFS, and then suggested McClean should be banned from the sport, as if what he already said about the free Derry tat being a terrorist tat wasn’t dumb enough!

17. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

Ok you win the Internet today I can’t be arsed arguing with you you’re the most pro free speech person ever.
    Well as long as it fits your narative.

18. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

Lol!

Don’t be such a petulant child.

I’m not looking at winning anything.

If you don’t like what I post, try and at least debate it rationally or put me on ignore if it’s all too hard.

19. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

I did try but your answer is “I didn’t do that, when clearly you did”

20. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

I wouldnt be throwing the word hypocrite around when the Tory leader is doing deals with terrorists.....and all you can moan about is Corbyn and the IRA.

Pantherjim. likes this.