Pantherjims Irish politics thread

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by Pommy, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

Yes, the same Tory leader in league with a Northern Irish Political party which enables Loyalist paramilitary terrorism, also thinks that investigations into former Brit Soldiers who committed atrocities in NI is “Unfair” it seems:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...ed-prosecution-alleged-historic-offences/amp/

I mean honestly? Whoda thunk it?

Mr Spock! likes this.
  2. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

Such a good and wholesome party for Theresa May and the Brit Torries to form a coalition with too:
    12259083-9928-4DF1-8690-9FB5EE86DC27.jpeg

Nice bloke, really.

On that note, I’ll proudly declare myself “sub-human” wearing like a badge of honour

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  3. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

I’m not going to deny he said that as it does sound like DUP, but I have some suspicion as it is just a meme and people put any shit on memes.

The Tories don’t have a coalition with the DUP, sorry to bring facts in to the thread.

4. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

They formed Government with them did they not?

5. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

6. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

The Tories formed a minority government. There’s no DUP members in cabinet, they have an agreement to provide votes to enable the minority government to function. It’s not the same thing as a coalition.

7. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

Birds of a feather.......

After signing of agreement
    In September 2017, the DUP broke with the Conservatives for the first time since the signing of the agreement in order to back non-binding Labour motions on the issues of university tuition fees and pay for NHS employees. DUP Chief Whip Jeffrey Donaldson insisted the vote "doesn't threaten the deal", and noted that the party "[reserves] the right to vote on the basis of our own manifesto" in their agreement with the government.[75]

Later that month, Environment Secretary Michael Gove headlined a fundraising event for the DUP.[76][77]

In October 2017, Foster and the DUP MPs held another reception at the Conservative Party conference, which was attended by leading Conservative figures including First Secretary of State Damian Green, Brexit Secretary David Davis, Chief Whip Gavin Williamson, and party chairman Patrick McLoughlin.[78] This was reciprocated in November, when Damian Green and Conservative Chief Whip Julian Smith attended the DUP's conference, with Smith giving a keynote address.[79]

In February 2018, former International Development Secretary Priti Patel also headlined a DUP fundraising event.[77]

Pantherjim. likes this.
  8. Surely

Surely Moderator Staff Member

f I am shocked, it is by the pretence of so much shock. When Corless discovered death certificates for 796 children at the home between 1925 and 1961 but burial records for only two, it was clear that hundreds of bodies existed somewhere. They did not, after all, ascend into heaven like the virgin mother. Corless then uncovered oral histories from reliable local witnesses, offering evidence of where those children’s remains could be found. So what did the church and state think had happened? That the nuns had buried the babies in a lovely wee graveyard somewhere, but just couldn’t remember where?

Or maybe the church and state are expressing shock that nuns in mid-20th century Ireland could have so little regard for the lives and deaths of children in their care. The Ryan report in 2009 documented the systematic sexual, physical and emotional abuse of children in church-run, state-funded institutions. It revealed that when confronted with evidence of child abuse, the church would transfer abusers to other institutions, where they could abuse other children. The Christian Brothers legally blocked the report from naming and shaming its members. Meanwhile, Cardinal Seán Brady – now known to have participated in the cover-up of abuse by paedophile priest Brendan Smyth – muttered about how ashamed he was.

the McAleese reportdocumented the imprisonment of more than 10,000 women in church-run, state-funded laundries, where they worked in punitive industrial conditions without pay for the crime of being unmarried mothers.

So you will forgive me if I am sceptical of the professed shock of Ireland’s clergy, politicians and official inquiring bodies. We know too much about the Catholic church’s abuse of women and children to be shocked by Tuam. A mass grave full of the children of unmarried mothers is an embarrassing landmark when the state is still paying the church to run its schools and hospitals. Hundreds of dead babies are not an asset to those invested in the myth of an abortion-free Ireland; they inconveniently suggest that Catholic Ireland always had abortions, just very late-term ones, administered slowly by nuns after the children were already born.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...tholic-church-children-buried-at-tuam-ireland

He’s probably not far from the truth on the first point

9. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

So you think that a religion makes someone sub-human even though they may not have had any involvement or knowledge of the atrocities you describe above?

Awesome. Off to death camps with them all!

Seig Heil!

10. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-handshake-during-belfast-visit-37002057.html

I didn’t think that the Royals officially met with former Republican paramilitaries, let alone shook hands with them whilst smiling.

Cryptic endorsement of the Republican cause perhaps?

Chuck: “Sorry about all that Ulster Plantation, Cromwellian genocide, the Potato famine and that nasty business involving civil rights abuses of Catholics up North, Gerry.”

Gerry: “That’s Ok Chucky. Just give us the six counties back and we’ll call it quits Ok?”

11. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

12. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

And the Protestants were so much better.....oh wait.....

Group finds more babies who died at Protestant Bethany Home
    ‘The only difference between us and the children in Tuam is that we had the names’
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...who-died-at-protestant-bethany-home-1.3001476

Pantherjim. likes this.
  13. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

But at least we don’t refer to every Protestant man woman and child as: “Sub-human” for what these animals did.

14. Surely

15. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

That's why you came ino the thread to defend them, right?

Pantherjim. likes this.
  16. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

Give them back? Totally misrepresenting the British governments position on the whole issue.
    All it takes is a referendum and the people can do as they wish.

I also love how you forget the pop ‘messenger from the almighty or whatever’ made the king of England lord or Ireland. Who are we to argue with the pope?

17. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

I guess I’m a hypocrite for donating to the salvos when I was a young un’? Throwing 50 cents into the little wooden salvos box in shopping centres and getting a lollipop or a really cool little activity/colour in book?

Not to mention all those Australians who donate money to “The red shield appeal” every year? They must be “child abuse enablers too?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...otect-children-royal-commission-finds/7835784

Bloody Catholics!

Oh.... wait a minute, wrong church.

18. Surely

If that's what you think

19. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

Well that's why you posted.

Pantherjim. likes this.
  20. Surely

I said i agree with his first point