What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers depth just amazing

isaiah

Bench
Even without some of their best players, who played for Windsor Wolves in the NSW Cup, panthers just hit the front in the 2nd half of the game vs the eels. Bryce and dallin leading the way, i guess?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great to see wa reds jnr waqa Blake making his debut. Shows the wa jnr system is paying dividends.

franklin2323

Immortal
Even without some of their best players, who played for Windsor Wolves in the NSW Cup, panthers just hit the front in the 2nd half of the game vs the eels. Bryce and dallin leading the way, i guess?

Bryce was terrible actually. DWZ was awesome as was Yeo & Scarlett we bombed a few tries as well

We still have Evans, Connelly & James Roberts to come back. SG Ball in the GF this week so some quality there.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Bryce was hardly terrible. Maybe not quite his usual very high standards but still created plenty.

PR, Blake went OK. Would have liked to see him carry it a few more times. Leading try scorer in the RM Cup.

mackdadday

Juniors
Cartwright this round with 3 try assists, 4 line break assists and 8 offloads without an error. :eek: Thats got to be close to an NYC record

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Pernith are looking pretty good. They're the only team we've lost to.

I thought we might struggle without Milford but Cornish and Worboys are killing it and Brenko Lee looks unstoppable.

drago brelli

Bench
TIM GRANT,LUKE LEWIS , PETER WALLACE,MICHAEL JENNINGS,FRANK PRITCHARD ,BEN POMEROY,JESE SENA LEFAO,ANY ADDITIONS WELCOME:crazy:
Sorry, you're correct.......first grade at other clubs and one at the Panthers. Something to brag about, I reckon.

maple_69

Bench
I don't think anyone would really argue that Penrith have had a great bunch of juniors in the last few years.
Point is things are happening at the foot of the mountains and they're starting to see the results from U16 up to U20s. In two years I would guess there will be around half the squad being local juniors.

watatank

Coach
It was looking the same way a few years back around the time when the NYC competition started, then things happened and now there's hardly anyone left at the club. Now the next crop is coming through, hope they can turn this into something.

mxlegend99

Referee
Shame they lost by 16 ;)
Considering the best players have been promoted to reserve grade to be prepared for first grade, it's a great effort for them to have even been in the game for as long as they were.

Between all the players promoted, and the coach being promoted to reserve grade. There's some huge changes to the team mid-season. It's a bit baffling that such huge changes would be made in the middle of the season, but the Wolves and Under 20's both seem to have handled it reasonably. Both are still competitive and should improve once they have both settled.

Karnivayne

Juniors
There should be a couple coming through from SG Ball from this week possibly next week to bolster the squad

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Considering the best players have been promoted to reserve grade to be prepared for first grade, it's a great effort for them to have even been in the game for as long as they were.

Between all the players promoted, and the coach being promoted to reserve grade. There's some huge changes to the team mid-season. It's a bit baffling that such huge changes would be made in the middle of the season, but the Wolves and Under 20's both seem to have handled it reasonably. Both are still competitive and should improve once they have both settled.

I agree, I was half joking... Both Penrith and Canberra currently have some incredible junior depth.. I think you are a couple years behind them as some of their young stars such as Wighton, Lee and Milford making their mark in First Grade and having a better bunch of experienced players. However I expect both Penrith and Canberra to be amongst the most successful teams in the next decade.

maple_69

Bench
At full strength Penrith could play DWZ, Satini, Jennings, Roberts and Moss. Crazy good backline at 20s level.

Latest posts