What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Cowboys

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So. Who comes into the side?

I can see two possibilities:

Egan - 9, Wallace -7

Maloney - 7, Luai - 6

Personally.... I think I like the 1st, but Jerome can play.. tough one!

OldPanther

Coach

Egan - 9, Wallace -7

Maloney - 7, Luai - 6

Perfect world = Maybe lose game but develop Egan/Luai in first grade.

My preference out of the likely options is Egan at 9 but Wallace isn't great at 7 anymore.

Luai is probably the least disruption since it's a half for a half.

Another option is Katoa.

panthersam

Juniors
If Wallace is to move into the halves I think at this point it would more likely be

6. Wallace
7. Maloney

With Maloney steering the team around. Obviously its just a number on the back anyway.

betcats

Referee
Peachey is a ball runner who doesn’t pass much, he’s not a halves asshole. Put him in the centres, piss Whare off and pick Luai or Katia/Egan to replace Cleary.

TheFrog

Coach

Egan - 9, Wallace -7

Maloney - 7, Luai - 6

Perhaps it comes down to who the boss thinks is most ready.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Never knew you lot were so pious.
10r4ydy.png

mxlegend99

Referee
I think we'll name Peachey at 6 and have both Egan and Luai in the extended squad with f**k all idea what Hooks going to run with.

Katoa will be named inside the 17 as Peacheys bench replacement.not that Hooks going to play mindgames... I honestly think he will be keeping all options open and decide based on training sessions.

OldPanther

Coach
I think we'll name Peachey at 6 and have both Egan and Luai in the extended squad with f**k all idea what Hooks going to run with.

Katoa will be named inside the 17 as Peacheys bench replacement.not that Hooks going to play mindgames... I honestly think he will be keeping all options open and decide based on training sessions.

He's a QLDr. Mindgames come with the package.

I imagine you're right. See who fits best and works harder this week will get the go ahead.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
My Team.

1 Edwards
2 Mansour
3 Blake
4 Whare
5 Crichton
6 Maloney
7 Luai
8 Fisher-Harris
9 Wallace
10 RCG
11 Harawira-Naera
12 Yeo
13 Merrrin

14 Leota
15 Kikau
16 Tamou
17 Peachey

We play Thursday night, so a short turnaround. I don't expect many changes from the team that played the Bulldogs. Luai straight swap for the injured Cleary.

Has anyone heard anything about Merrin and the injury he pick up at the end of last weeks game?

My Team.

1 Edwards
2 Mansour
3 Blake
4 Whare
5 Crichton
6 Maloney
7 Luai
8 Fisher-Harris
9 Wallace
10 RCG
11 Harawira-Naera
12 Yeo
13 Merrrin

14 Leota
15 Kikau
16 Tamou
17 Peachey

We play Thursday night, so a short turnaround. I don't expect many changes from the team that played the Bulldogs. Luai straight swap for the injured Cleary.

Has anyone heard anything about Merrin and the injury he pick up at the end of last weeks game?

Luia would play 6 with Maloney at 7 I think. At least that’s the way they’d play.

TheFrog

Coach
NRL PHYSIO‏@nrlphysio Mar 23

Trent Merrin appeared to suffer a rib/sternum injury just before full time last night, he came from the field immediately after this tackle. If no fracture will be mostly a pain tolerance issue, most fall in the 1-3 week recovery range

I guess if there was a fracture we'd have heard about it by now. I recall Gowie playing with a guard for his sternum injury for some weeks back around '04.

Exsilium

First Grade
NRL PHYSIO‏@nrlphysio Mar 23

Trent Merrin appeared to suffer a rib/sternum injury just before full time last night, he came from the field immediately after this tackle. If no fracture will be mostly a pain tolerance issue, most fall in the 1-3 week recovery range

I guess if there was a fracture we'd have heard about it by now. I recall Gowie playing with a guard for his sternum injury for some weeks back around '04.

I remember that game. He struggled for weeks after it.

Copped a knee the poor fella

A bit of mail

Panthers: Halfback Nathan Cleary (knee) is out for up to 10 weeks. Coach Anthony Griffin has a number of options to replace the star youngster. Jarome Luai is tipped to debut in a straight swap. Peter Wallace could also move into the halves with Sione Katoa to play No. 9. Penrith’s under 20s player of the year Wayde Egan is also a contender if a hooker or bench hooker spot opens up. Griffin can also call on Tyrone Peachey, who has played multiple positions in the past including hooker and halves. Tyrone May (ACL) impressed in seven matches last year but remains sidelined. Trent Merrin (sternum/ribs) also left the field with an injury on the weekend.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/8c42aad5416eee6f16046435e82244e1

Latest posts