What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parkes Trial *live updates*

Phillips

Referee
join the bandwagon said:
Riddell used to kick at 80 % with the salute at St George. With us, his kicking has not been up to scratch

although he hasnt been our regular kicker week in week out

jk13

First Grade
when you let in 4 or 6 points and kick 2, i disagree. There is no place for a person who can't consistantly tackle in todays nrl.

Delboy

First Grade
Burt is not up to NRL standard, must be the best trainer in the club, every year we hear the same about how good he will be in the upcoming season. I think he is on reality about the 4th or 5th best fullback at the club. Hayne, Reddy, Inu and Lett are all better fullbacks.
Anyway, just my opinion nbut I hope that the coaching staff don't get carried away by training form and his apparent kicking ability.

Phillips

Referee
Delboy said:
Burt is not up to NRL standard, must be the best trainer in the club, every year we hear the same about how good he will be in the upcoming season. I think he is on reality about the 4th or 5th best fullback at the club. Hayne, Reddy, Inu and Lett are all better fullbacks.
Anyway, just my opinion nbut I hope that the coaching staff don't get carried away by training form and his apparent kicking ability.

i agree

i would even have Tautai and Uaisele higher up in the pecking order than burt

parra pete

Referee
Jake the snake said:
Yeah I know who you are refering to :lol: Let's save that one for another day.Pete, Do you think INU should be started infront of B Smith? If you were the coach....

Dunno...Haven't seem enough of him yet. Probably not at this stage..Bring him on gradually a la` Jarryd Hayne 2006 before unleashing him.
He has big wraps on him..
Depth at the Club looks good for 2007. I think the 'regulars' will get first opportunity to show their mettle..if producing OK..if not, I don't think Hagan will be able to justify not making changes...
It was only a trial between two young sides. See how they shape up in the next couple of weeks when the big kids are in....
It looks to be a very even competition doesn't it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What's wrong with:

1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe

with Grothe and Smith playing on the same side? To me, that's a mouth-watering backline AND you don't have to do anything but replace Burt.

As for the trial - thanks to everyone involved. Wish I could have been there.:(

And good to see our forwards have some mongrel.

fish eel

Immortal
eelementary, its only mouthwatering having ben smith and grothe in the one backline if benny decides to stop running like a girl and use his size

Eelementary

Post Whore
fish eel said:
eelementary, its only mouthwatering having ben smith and grothe in the one backline if benny decides to stop running like a girl and use his size

I totally agree.

I was basing that to if Benny can get back to his 2005 form.

Sure, he's not super quick - but he's big, strong and has a great one-hand offloaf which he used to great effect in 2005.

Suitman

Post Whore
After tonights trial, at least we know our Premier League team will beat the Sharks Premier League team in '07.

tbh, I really feel for those poor people of Parkes.

Suity

wittyz chick

Coach
Suity I'm not having a go at you but say Hagan decided to play a full strength Parra side and players like Hindy or Caylo ended up getting serious injuries like a broken leg [knock on wood it doesn't happen] ...

would you be angry at Hagan for using senior players in a trial? OR would you be glad our first graders had a run even though some received serious injuries?

Phillips

Referee
Suitman said:
After tonights trial, at least we know our Premier League team will beat the Sharks Premier League team in '07.

tbh, I really feel for those poor people of Parkes.

Suity

i already feel sorry for them having to live in that place :sarcasm:

Suitman

Post Whore
wittyz chick said:
Suity I'm not having a go at you but say Hagan decided to play a full strength Parra side and players like Hindy or Caylo ended up getting serious injuries like a broken leg [knock on wood it doesn't happen] ...

would you be angry at Hagan for using senior players in a trial? OR would you be glad our first graders had a run even though some received serious injuries?

If that happened, so be it.
Of course I wouldn't have bagged Hagan, nor Smith for that matter.
A broken leg or a bad injury is bad luck, and not of the coaches doing.
It could just as easily happen in Round 1, to any player.

Suity

lucablight

First Grade
Delboy said:

I'm not saying you're wrong but have you even seen Lett play?

wittyz chick

Coach
Suitman said:
If that happened, so be it.
Of course I wouldn't have bagged Hagan, nor Smith for that matter.
A broken leg or a bad injury is bad luck, and not of the coaches doing.
It could just as easily happen in Round 1, to any player.

Suity

true, true

But I see the trials as giving youngsters a go. I mean yes we could do that during the season as well, but I believe it's better to do it during trials and yes it means some people have to miss out but the crowd didn't seem to mind it wasn't that bad tonight 8071 people, [albeit I don't know the population of Parkes].

Parramatta have had crowds around that mark before during the regular season [when we aren't playing our best]

Suitman

Post Whore
wittyz chick said:
true, true

But I see the trials as giving youngsters a go. I mean yes we could do that during the season as well, but I believe it's better to do it during trials and yes it means some people have to miss out but the crowd didn't seem to mind it wasn't that bad tonight 8071 people, [albeit I don't know the population of Parkes].

Parramatta have had crowds around that mark before during the regular season [when we aren't playing our best]

But I wonder what the point is of giving all our youngsters a trial when the other team is doing the same thing.
It was a glorified Premier League game.

Suity