What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parkes Trial *live updates*

Stagger eel

Staff member
a special thankyou to Hellsy who I believe provided WC with the updates and for MITS who provided myself, eelaholic, Rowdy and eelz47 with updates while we were watching the foundation cup.

I did hear that our only injury concern was a slight hammy strain by Davey Williams.

bartman

Immortal
Thanks WC, Nikki and Hellsy and Phillips for the updates.

Glad everyone got through injury free, and coach got to see a few combinations and assess individual efforts. Good to hear about perfromances of some of our new buys and youngsters.

The things people forget about Ben Smith is his defence, I'm quite happy with him in the side if the coach thinks it's the best option. Inu will get his go in whichever positionb when he is deemed ready. He is subject to the same claims being made against Burt - what's the point of having someone that adds points if we don't know Inu will handle the defence of first grade centre as well as Ben Smith?

On Burt, he seemed to have a decent enough year last year, and is our best goal kicker - that's why he got the job over Riddell, that and Riddell hasn't been fit enough to do 80 minutes... Again I'm happy with Burt in the side if the coach feels he's the best option, or whoever (if anyone) is fully ready to get a go in front of him at the start of the season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Looks like a great start to the season, Good to see the boys kick of the season in the right fashion. Thanks to everyone involved for the updates, It's much appreciated.

Burt is up to a first grade standard. Why have you all forgotten what he did for us during that run last year..McKinnon could not hold onto his spot

strider

Post Whore
good stuff!!! ..... thanks for the updates WC, hellsy, nikki

isn't it great to have footy back and to be able to lay sh*t on players again - ahhhhh, good times :lol:

Thanks to Ron and Helen for keeping me updated whilst I was getting tanked at a 30th. Was a Sharks supporter there, and other footy fans just salivating for any footy news, and was much appreciated.

Cheers

ROGUE

Juniors
It's funny how we all go for the same team yet we all have our own disliked player.In this case clearly it's luke burt.I personally don't mind him at all and as said before it should not be forgotten what he did last year when he was playing fullback for us.My most disliked player was petersen.....To each there own.Bring on 07

Suitman

Post Whore
ROGUE said:
It's funny how we all go for the same team yet we all have our own disliked player.In this case clearly it's luke burt.I personally don't mind him at all and as said before it should not be forgotten what he did last year when he was playing fullback for us.My most disliked player was petersen.....To each there own.Bring on 07

That is very well said.
And, thanks to those people who have already been named for the updates.
Us league starved fans much appreciated it, especially this one.

Suity

Glenn

First Grade
Just back from Parkes, great weekend all up (no problem seeing a mostly prem league side and a decent crowd just over 8,000 backs that up)
FWIW my thoughts on the game:

Joel Reddy; seemed a bit lost in the centres at times and kept looking to drop back.
Michael Lett; Caught out with Reddy looking to drop back, covered alot of ground (mostly across field)
Kris Inu; well deserved MoM solid in defence and attack, ans impressive goal kicking from out wide.
Feleti Mateo; looked dangerous with the ball inside the opposition 20m area.
Blake Green; Not much of a platform layed by the forwards but got some good balls out to the backs.
Aaron Cannings, good in patches, one on one strip by just sticking the arm out fortunatly got the ball and not the player, wearing a very thick arm guard.
Richard Fa'aoso, Doesn't bring steel to the forward pack brings Brass knuckles :lol:
Mark Riddell, A slim looking Piggy lead well from the front when on the field, trying alot of short kicks inside the 10m area. A mixed night goal kicking wise but finished off the night slotting one from the sideline.

parra pete

Referee
Glenn said:
Just back from Parkes, great weekend all up (no problem seeing a mostly prem league side and a decent crowd just over 8,000 backs that up)
FWIW my thoughts on the game:

Joel Reddy; seemed a bit lost in the centres at times and kept looking to drop back.
Michael Lett; Caught out with Reddy looking to drop back, covered alot of ground (mostly across field)
Kris Inu; well deserved MoM solid in defence and attack, ans impressive goal kicking from out wide.
Feleti Mateo; looked dangerous with the ball inside the opposition 20m area.
Blake Green; Not much of a platform layed by the forwards but got some good balls out to the backs.Aaron Cannings, good in patches, one on one strip by just sticking the arm out fortunatly got the ball and not the player, wearing a very thick arm guard.
Richard Fa'aoso, Doesn't bring steel to the forward pack brings Brass knuckles :lol:
Mark Riddell, A slim looking Piggy lead well from the front when on the field, trying alot of short kicks inside the 10m area. A mixed night goal kicking wise but finished off the night slotting one from the sideline.

Did Blake run the ball AT ALL...or did he just shovel it out?

i like burt

i think its ben smith

ben smith should play second row or somthing bcoz hes not a relli a attacking player more a defence

but i lyk ben smith

so i think our back line should be this

1.Luke Burt
2.Jarryd Hayne
3.Timana Tahu
4.Kris Inu/Ben Smith/Joel Reddy/Michael Lett
5.Eric Grothe
6.Brett Finch
7.Tim Smith/Blake Green

Glenn

First Grade
Phillips said:
how good was that fight :lol:

Nothing like bringing back the biff :lol:

The look on Hampsteads face when he went to talk to the Sharks player was priceless.

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
Did Blake run the ball AT ALL...or did he just shovel it out?

Tried to link with the bigger players in attack and direct the around the field. Ran maybe once or twice effectively but looked to use the passing game more and use Mateo to make metres.

Latest posts