What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parr backs WA for expansion

Perth Red

Post Whore
Parr said the rugby league landscape had changed dramatically since the Western Reds days and many of the problems they faced had been removed.
The Reds had to pay for flights and accommodation for the visitors' first and reserve grade sides for every home game and the WACA Ground was an appalling venue for rugby league.
"There were a number of reasons why the Reds failed and I still don't believe we got a lot of help from the governing body at the time," Parr said. "Super League was a difficult time and player payments went through the roof.
"The game has grown significantly in Perth since then.
"A lot of the costs are no longer there and from what I've seen of the venue (nib Stadium) it would give a new venture a bigger kick start than the Reds had.
"I couldn't be more impressed with the way the WA Rugby League has gone about setting up (next week's) game."
"I have no doubt that rugby league would have a far greater opportunity to succeed now.""Former Western Reds coaching and development manager *Peter Parr *

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/12805736/wa-in-good-shape-for-nrl-return/