What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra players make NSW U/19

Feleti Mateo, Brett Delaney, Brett Anderson all made the squad but the big surprise was no Tim Smith. Now I know he is a Qldander but with the U/19 it doesn't matter he can play for anyone. He is not in the QLD squad either.

In my opinion Tim Smith is the best up and coming half in the game and Im surprised he could not make that team.

Squad
Brett Anderson - Parramatta Eels
Todd Carney - Canberra Raiders
Dean Collis - Western Suburbs Magpies
Daniel Conn - Canterbury Bulldogs
Ben Creagh - St George/Illawarra Dragons
Brett Delaney - Parramatta Eels
Keith Galloway - Cronulla Sharks
Simon Greally - Balmain Tigers
Tom Haberecht - Canterbury Bulldogs
Bronson Harrison - Balmain Tigers
Michael Henderson - St George Dragons
Heath L'Strange - Sydney Roosters
Steven Meredith - Sydney Roosters
Feleti Mateo - Parramatta Eels
David Milne - Canberra Raiders
Nate Myles - Canterbury Bulldogs
Marty Mitchell - Canterbury Bulldogs
Micky Paea - Sydney Roosters
Sam Perrett - Sydney Roosters
Cameron Phelps - Canterbury Bulldogs
Lachlan Russell - St George Dragons
Ranald Schultz - Balmain Tigers
Iosia Soliola - Sydney City Roosters
Brett Stewart - Manly Sea Eagles
Peter Taylor - Sydney Roosters
Dane Tilse - Newcastle Knights
Reece Williams - Cronulla Sharks

Eelectrica

Referee
Do the U/19's play in the curtain raiser to all three games? I'm going to the 2nd game and would love to see Meteo and the other Parra youngsters play.
Oh and well done to all the eels selected :clap: . I hope they all play well, but not the other guys though 'cos I still want Queensland to win :D

thedux

Juniors
I am going to make a prediction but after seeing Mateo play the last couple of weeks I reckon he will make his FG debut before the season is out. I know he is still young but I think that he offers a lot more than O'Dwyer in attack.

parra pete

Referee
A good call duckie. Hope he is ready for it though. I have seen plenty of kids washed up before their time by being thrown to the wolves to early..I fear that Michael Witt may be one of them!!!!!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
I could be wrong but could Tim Smith be just turning 17 and therefor picked in the NSW 17's team that player from memory before Origin 3????

just a thought cause I wouldn't have thought that Smith was good enough to be picked unless of course he has an injury and the way he has been kicking goals recently that wouldn't surrpise :D

Hurriflatch

Referee
It's NSW Under 19's v QLD Under 19's for Origin 1

QLD Under 19's A Team v WA Under 19's Origin 2 (might be another state but I'm almost certain it isn't NSW)

NSW U 17's v QLD u 17's Origin 3

I could be wrong but from memory that is what they are

Hurriflatch

Referee
Just one for those interested

Ashley Graham and Willie Tonga both played in the corisponding game in 2002 and both went on to make their debuts that year. Chris Armit was also selected but pulled out with injury and the then Eels Flegg (or reggies) coach Shane Flanagan was the NSW coach

Nikki

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
I could be wrong but could Tim Smith be just turning 17 and therefor picked in the NSW 17's team that player from memory before Origin 3????

Tim is over 18 so unfortunately we cant use that excuse. The selectors are just stoopid.