What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Another exciting year of footy ahead. Cant wait to see the next crop of stars come through. Any players of note to keep an eye out for.?

There's a lot of good kids coming through, there's the obvious ones in Villiame (William) Penisini, Caleb Tohi and Trey Mooney who all played in the Matts last year. And then there's the ones that have a bit of hype in Jakob Arthur and Logan Jones. Hard to predict the Matts as I don't know much about them.

As for the SG Ball, it's hard to know who's going to play as we will have I think 9 players from the team that won the National final returning but some of them will be too good to be playing Ball but then we also have quite a young 20's squad, so it's all up in the air atm. My tip to have a big year is Sam Hughes

There's a lot of good kids coming through, there's the obvious ones in Villiame (William) Penisini, Caleb Tohi and Trey Mooney who all played in the Matts last year. And then there's the ones that have a bit of hype in Jakob Arthur and Logan Jones. Hard to predict the Matts as I don't know much about them.

As for the SG Ball, it's hard to know who's going to play as we will have I think 9 players from the team that won the National final returning but some of them will be too good to be playing Ball but then we also have quite a young 20's squad, so it's all up in the air atm. My tip to have a big year is Sam Hughes[/QUOTE

Last edited:

As for the SG Ball, it's hard to know who's going to play as we will have I think 9 players from the team that won the National final returning but some of them will be too good to be playing Ball but then we also have quite a young 20's squad, so it's all up in the air atm. My tip to have a big year is Sam Hughes
My apologies I should of been clearer.

I'm familiar with the last 3 - 4 years of Harold Matts & S G Ball players, I meant any new ones coming through Harold Matts - SG Ball - Nyc That have not been with us previously.?

Totally agree in regards to Sam Hughes, His a special talent & only new to playing in the middle, Previously a centre - 2nd rower. Hope he has a great year, Love to see him play lock in Ball.

A lot will obviously depend on the boys who are currently training with u20s but still able to play ball next year, Those players will determine the SG Ball line up in 2018. Depending how many of them go back & play Ball & how many actually stay up & play 20s

Stefano - Brown - Norah - Schneider - Doorey - Tasipale - Harris - Kei -

Cant think of the 9th player

Delboy

First Grade
Was told 9 Ball players will train pre season with NYC, 8 will go back to play the full season in Ball. They'll be eligible for NYC after first 4/5 rounds as the Ball comp will finish

They believe they should go close to winning Ball with those players available and the plan is to then give them exposure to playing up an age group

Who's the one under 18s player who won't be playing SG Ball next year? Probably Brown hey?

Dylan Brown
That's who I'm thinking, Obviously he finished this year in NYC.

I'm hearing Brown & Schneider are killing pre season with u20s & leading all the fitness runs. Not bad for two 17 year olds
With the likes of Haze Dunster - Oregan Kaufusi & Tyrone Faulkner at their heels.

Is it ironic that people are labelling kids 'the next Cameron Smith' considering that Cameron Smith was never 'the next whomever' himself? I dunno. Damn you, Alanis.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pritchard is more explosive and works harder. King has better technicals. It looks like King is improving his work rate though, to his credit, but every player's technical skills can improve from a low base, so you'd assume Pritchard's dummy half work will improve much faster than King's.

I'm keen to see who starts round one and also whether we run with both.

hindy111

Post Whore
Kaysa seems to try a little to hard. Needs to relax. Pushes a few forward passes.
Kings passing games better but out of dummy half he seems to slow. He stiffled our attack close to line a dozen times last year trying to sneak over from dummy half.
He never once looked like he had speed or power to get there. Tough, king doesnt make mistakes and a good kicking game.
Kaysa is capable of mom performances but can also do silly mistakes.

Id lean towards the fitter younger and faster guy personally but if King gets it i happy as well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Except your defence is only as string as its weakest link, and a little bloke under fatigue in the middle is a very weak link.

edit: *strong

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I did fix it when I went back to this tab and noticed the typo but by then it was 20 minutes old and when I clicked save I saw that Forty20 had already picked it up. So I went back and edited it to leave the typo in.

Latest posts