What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

strider

Post Whore
I did fix it when I went back to this tab and noticed the typo but by then it was 20 minutes old and when I clicked save I saw that Forty20 had already picked it up. So I went back and edited it to leave the typo in.
You are so considerate Pou ... forty would have ended up looking like a prize dick talking about some random string shit .... instead you look like a prize dick for not editing the mistake - amongst other things

Is it ironic that people are labelling kids 'the next Cameron Smith' considering that Cameron Smith was never 'the next whomever' himself? I dunno. Damn you, Alanis.

It wasn't me who Labeled the kid But
I think were all guilty of labeling young players, Young players might resemble or do things that identifies them with similar traits to players that play in those positions.
Latrell Mitchell - Greg Inglis
Joe Tipari - Shaun Jonston
Tui Afalou -Steve Matai
Kyle Schneider - Cam Smith

Personally I think the kid is still young & has plenty of development in him, Although he is miles off even being mention in the same breath as one of the greatest players of all time, He is so far ticking all the boxes required.
I think the next 2-3 years will give us an indication where the kids is at & that will determine where he will end up.
Although we don't like to put unnecessary pressure on the young kids its a bit hard not to like and admire there potential. But right now that's all it is.

There are some fantastic kids coming through our program and its a bit hard not to get excited. But they all have something in common, There all young with plenty of time to develop.

Ray Stone - GL - Noel Aukafolou - Jye Challenor - Anthony Layoun - Reed Mahoney

Filia Utoikamanu - Tui Afualo - Noel Aukafolou - Haze Dunster - Salisi Finanga - Steve Dressler - Sean Keppie - Oregon Kaufusi - Ethan Parry - Jesse Cronin - Joe Tipari - Michael Tupou

Dylan Brown - Stefano Utoikamanu - Kyle Schneider - Matt Doorey - JP Norah - William Kei - Charbel Tasipali - Vallance Harris - Harry Duggan

Sam Hughes - David Hollis - Tyler Field - Jed Edwards - Albert Faavae - Christian Wihongi - Bailey Biondi Odo.

It wasn't me who Labeled the kid But
I think were all guilty of labeling young players, Young players might resemble or do things that identifies them with similar traits to players that play in those positions.
Latrell Mitchell - Greg Inglis
Joe Tipari - Shaun Jonston
Tui Afalou -Steve Matai
Kyle Schneider - Cam Smith

Personally I think the kid is still young & has plenty of development in him, Although he is miles off even being mention in the same breath as one of the greatest players of all time, He is so far ticking all the boxes required.
I think the next 2-3 years will give us an indication where the kids is at & that will determine where he will end up.
Although we don't like to put unnecessary pressure on the young kids its a bit hard not to like and admire there potential. But right now that's all it is.

There are some fantastic kids coming through our program and its a bit hard not to get excited. But they all have something in common, There all young with plenty of time to develop.

Ray Stone - GL - Noel Aukafolou - Jye Challenor - Anthony Layoun - Reed Mahoney

Filia Utoikamanu - Tui Afualo - Noel Aukafolou - Haze Dunster - Salisi Finanga - Steve Dressler - Sean Keppie - Oregon Kaufusi - Ethan Parry - Jesse Cronin - Joe Tipari - Michael Tupou

Dylan Brown - Stefano Utoikamanu - Kyle Schneider - Matt Doorey - JP Norah - William Kei - Charbel Tasipali - Vallance Harris - Harry Duggan

Sam Hughes - David Hollis - Tyler Field - Jed Edwards - Albert Faavae - Christian Wihongi - Bailey Biondi Odo.
I wasn't saying you personally had labelled him, just pointing out that at the same age no one had a clue what Smith's best position even was, let alone how good he'd go on to be.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It wasn't me who Labeled the kid
It was me. He will almost certainly never be as good as Cameron Smith but he seems to be of a similar type - a goal kicking hooker and captain of every team he's ever been in. If he only ever becomes a solid first grader he will have achieved more than most blokes who were still playing footy at 17.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wasn't saying you personally had labelled him, just pointing out that at the same age no one had a clue what Smith's best position even was, let alone how good he'd go on to be.
Schneider is 18 next year. I'd say at that age they already knew Cameron Smith would become a genuine first grader - he made his NRL debut the year he turned 19. Though you're right, it wasn't at hooker.

Schneider is 18 next year. I'd say at that age they already knew Cameron Smith would become a genuine first grader - he made his NRL debut the year he turned 19. Though you're right, it wasn't at hooker.
Even if they 'knew' he'd become a genuine first grader at that age they weren't thinking it would be at hooker. My impression is that young halves that are as promising as he either make it as a half or go by the wayside. How many transition?