What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Gronk

Staff member
Sydney RoostersVerified account ‏@sydneyroosters 15h15 hours ago
FULL TIME and the young Roosters go down to the Eels 12-30 after a disappointing performance #Represent #NYCEelsRoosters

=============================

http://leagueunlimited.com/live-update/show/827/5183/Scorers

Parramatta Eels
Parramatta Eels (30)

Tries: Mason Cerruto, Jermaine Mati-Leifi 2, Troy Dargan, James Gammidge,

Goals: Michael Doolan 5

Sydney Roosters
Sydney Roosters (12)

Tries: Wetere Pompey, Reuben Porter, Marlon Ritchie

Parra47

Juniors
Sydney RoostersVerified account ‏@sydneyroosters 15h15 hours ago
FULL TIME and the young Roosters go down to the Eels 12-30 after a disappointing performance #Represent #NYCEelsRoosters

=============================

http://leagueunlimited.com/live-update/show/827/5183/Scorers

Parramatta Eels
Parramatta Eels (30)

Tries: Mason Cerruto, Jermaine Mati-Leifi 2, Troy Dargan, James Gammidge,

Goals: Michael Doolan 5

Sydney Roosters
Sydney Roosters (12)

Tries: Wetere Pompey, Reuben Porter, Marlon Ritchie
Cheers.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well, we are now coming second in the 20's. Great effort by Burt.

Comp leaders Penrith next week.

hindy111

Post Whore
Who is tod for under 20s next season - And who should we try and keep - I know Twal and Bevan will be here. Any others that will graduate from this grade?
Forty 20 please :)

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Who is tod for under 20s next season - And who should we try and keep - I know Twal and Bevan will be here. Any others that will graduate from this grade?
Who/what is tod?

Morris and Amone would be the 20 year olds outside of French and Twal that I would look to keep. Then you have Dargan and Doolan but they have another year in the NYC.

So far the SG ball players to debut are: Tui Afualo, Filia Utoikamanu and Steve Dresler. Considering that Tui and Filia have another year of SG ball to go we should probably look to keep them.

Filia had an up and down game. Apparently he was visibly nervous before the game. He came on and dropped his first two touches of the ball but slowly worked his way into the attack. What is truly outstanding is that not only did he play the full 80 but he made 33 tackles with 0 missed in that time. He looked small out there, he certainly played well above his size. I think once he has a few more games, which will be hard considering our backrowers are very good, he'll get used to the attack.

Forty20

First Grade

This is the way I see it based on what I have seen and a few tips I have picked up through the year. Bear in mind that there are quite a few filler players in the club's NYC squad that still have one more year of eligibility left in the 20s but I have left them out as they are sitting on the bubble and could be replaced during the off-season.

Graduating from Holden Cup >>> NRL

Bevan French (Fullback/Wing/Half)

Graduating from Holden Cup >>> Intrust Super Premiership

Certainties
Jack Morris (Edge Backrow)
Alex Twal (Prop)

Probables
Tom Amone (Prop/Lock)
Tui Oloapu (Wing/Centre/Edge Backrow)

Possibles
Jamie Stowers (Prop)

Core Players Returning to the Holden Cup

Troy Dargan (Half)
Michael Doolan (Half)
Denzal Tonise (Hooker/Lock)

Notable Squad/Project Players Returning to the Holden Cup

Dane Auckafolau (Centre)
Anthony Layoun (Fullback/Wing/Half)
Dean Matterson (Half)
Frank Salu (Prop)
Jarrod Tompkins (Prop)

Graduating from the SG Ball >>> Holden Cup

Josh Carr (Edge Backrow)
Steve Dresler (Prop)
Sean Keppie (Prop)
Michael Tupou (Lock)
Beni Valu (Lock/Edge Backrow)

My picks to play Holden Cup despite 2017 eligibility for SG Ball

Tui Afualo (Centre/Half)
Josh Curran (Lock/Edge Backrow)
Oregon Kaufusi (Prop)
Ethan Parry (Centre/Wing) [Pending his time frame on recovery from a nasty injury]
Filia Utoikamanu (Edge Backrow)

Super long shot to play Holden Cup despite 2018 eligibility for SG Ball

Stefano Utoikamanu (Prop)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
This is the way I see it based on what I have seen and a few tips I have picked up through the year. Bear in mind that there are quite a few filler players in the club's NYC squad that still have one more year of eligibility left in the 20s but I have left them out as they are sitting on the bubble and could be replaced during the off-season.

Graduating from Holden Cup >>> NRL

Bevan French (Fullback/Wing/Half)

Graduating from Holden Cup >>> Intrust Super Premiership

Certainties
Jack Morris (Edge Backrow)
Alex Twal (Prop)

Probables
Tom Amone (Prop/Lock)
Tui Oloapu (Wing/Centre/Edge Backrow)

Possibles
Jamie Stowers (Prop)

Core Players Returning to the Holden Cup

Troy Dargan (Half)
Michael Doolan (Half)
Denzal Tonise (Hooker/Lock)

Notable Squad/Project Players Returning to the Holden Cup

Dane Auckafolau (Centre)
Anthony Layoun (Fullback/Wing/Half)
Dean Matterson (Half)
Frank Salu (Prop)
Jarrod Tompkins (Prop)

Graduating from the SG Ball >>> Holden Cup

Josh Carr (Edge Backrow)
Steve Dresler (Prop)
Sean Keppie (Prop)
Michael Tupou (Lock)
Beni Valu (Lock/Edge Backrow)

My picks to play Holden Cup despite 2017 eligibility for SG Ball

Tui Afualo (Centre/Half)
Josh Curran (Lock/Edge Backrow)
Oregon Kaufusi (Prop)
Ethan Parry (Centre/Wing) [Pending his time frame on recovery from a nasty injury]
Filia Utoikamanu (Edge Backrow)

Super long shot to play Holden Cup despite 2018 eligibility for SG Ball

Stefano Utoikamanu (Prop)

What about Travis Turnbull ? Is he developing as expected ?

He was mentioned a fair bit in 2015 but not a lot of talk about him this year.

Forty20

First Grade
What about Travis Turnbull ? Is he developing as expected ?

He was mentioned a fair bit in 2015 but not a lot of talk about him this year.

Pou mentioned it but he has another year of eligibility in the SG Ball. He is a candidate to push up at the completion of the SG Ball in 2017 pending how much time Dargan and Doolan see in ISP. I still rate him massively but he got hampered by an injury in the off-season which saw him miss most of the pre-season and then a string of leg injuries the mid-season which led to him missing a few games and then battling through the backend of the competition.

I didn't mention any of the squad members of our triumphant Harold Matthews squad this year barring Stefano Utoikamanu but there is a bunch of kids in that group that are easily good enough to play SG Ball at 16/17 which will likely prompt the club to push the NYC-calibre SG Ball players up early.

As for the remainder of this year, keep a close eye on Tui Afualo. I have raved about him plenty before but he is on a tear at the moment after stringing together MotM performances in his NYC debut and the U/18s Origin despite only turning 17 this year.

Forty20

First Grade
On another note, the grand final of the Australian Schoolboy Carnival is today and Parramatta are well represented in the big dance with the Combined Catholic Colleges (Josh Curran, Vinnie Tikeri, Michael Tupou, Beni Valu) taking on the Combined High Schools (Alex Seve, Tui Afualo, Filia Utoikamanu, Sean Keppie). Josh Curran and Michael Tupou both have picked up MotM awards in earlier fixtures as well.