What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was replaced by one of his assistants though, so that would've involved at least an upgrade if not hiring another assistant.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I recall being devistated Nolan moved on. I heard him talk at one AGM and he really made sence. On reflection the AGM was the one with Spags in charge where they invited the team and Coach in to "face the music" from the members for poor performances.
Most embarrassing meeting I've ever attended. Those idiots definitely made Nolan look good. Now it looks like Field was really "the man", not Nolan.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I recall being devistated Nolan moved on. I heard him talk at one AGM and he really made sence. On reflection the AGM was the one with Spags in charge where they invited the team and Coach in to "face the music" from the members for poor performances.
Most embarrassing meeting I've ever attended. Those idiots definitely made Nolan look good. Now it looks like Field was really "the man", not Nolan.

Nolan did bring Field to the club

84 Baby

Referee
Let’s be honest that $10-12m figure should just be BAs salary. He can sort out how much everyone else gets paid

All I know is Max Donnelly has already asked the footy club to reduce costs and regardless NO club can keep forking out $10m a year to a loss making enterprise especially if they have expansion plans. Eventually Max will step in and force cost saving on them, but I'd like to know what they are spending all the money on. They must be spending at least $12m over and above the salary cap before the other receipts offset some of their coasts.

What I'm saying to you is that you have no idea what the 'loss' entails. There's not enough information in the Annual Report to properly break it down. Obviously the club wants to improve the profitability of every single activity that the club engages in. There are all sorts of reasons why a person in Max's position might actually want to overstate the present cost of football operations...for example, it may increase the chance of compliance when the clubs seeks to cut costs. It's not rocket science.

You seem hell bent on whingeing about the club at every opportunity, and grab any sliver of information or rumour that supports your case (e.g. Mannah's apparently ridiculous salary that nobody believes) and go about it.

hindy111

Post Whore
We are getting a new stadium. I reckon with that be new and good sponsors, bigger crowds and memberships.
Also doesnt the club own heaps of real estate across Parra? I recall Fitzgerald baggins osbourne for selling some to nnalance the books and make himself look good.
Unless we have sold them it have to be worth 100million plus. By memory was 30 odd mill worth 15 yrs ago.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
We are getting a new stadium. I reckon with that be new and good sponsors, bigger crowds and memberships.
Also doesnt the club own heaps of real estate across Parra? I recall Fitzgerald baggins osbourne for selling some to nnalance the books and make himself look good.
Unless we have sold them it have to be worth 100million plus. By memory was 30 odd mill worth 15 yrs ago.

Spags and co sold off a heap iirc.

Glenneel

Bench
What I'm saying to you is that you have no idea what the 'loss' entails. There's not enough information in the Annual Report to properly break it down. Obviously the club wants to improve the profitability of every single activity that the club engages in. There are all sorts of reasons why a person in Max's position might actually want to overstate the present cost of football operations...for example, it may increase the chance of compliance when the clubs seeks to cut costs. It's not rocket science.

You seem hell bent on whingeing about the club at every opportunity, and grab any sliver of information or rumour that supports your case (e.g. Mannah's apparently ridiculous salary that nobody believes) and go about it.
No I'm talking facts and figures and not looking at football costs thru rose coloured glasses. If you think the club can still spend these amounts forever you're mistaken. Eventually something has to give particularly as the club has $100m expansion plans. The cost of servicing that loan is huge and eventually interest rates will rise. I used to be a financial manager of a club and when interest rates rise clubs revenues suffer as families have less disposal income.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No I'm talking facts and figures and not looking at football costs thru rose coloured glasses. If you think the club can still spend these amounts forever you're mistaken. Eventually something has to give particularly as the club has $100m expansion plans. The cost of servicing that loan is huge and eventually interest rates will rise. I used to be a financial manager of a club and when interest rates rise clubs revenues suffer as families have less disposal income.
Thanks Ross Greenwood.

Latest posts