What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Forty20

First Grade
CCC

1 T. SAILOR 2 C. GRAHAM 20 K. KORO 3 W. PAPALIITELE 4 J. TAUTAIOLEFUA 6 L. LAM 7 S. O'SULLIVAN 10 B. JONES 8 N. SONI 9 B. BRAILEY 11 W. BURNS 3 K. DARK 14 J. CURRAN 18 K. FLANAGAN 5 N. MOUGIOS 15 J. SALMON 16 T. STARLING 19 V. TIKERI 17 M. TUPOU 12 B. VALU

CHS

19 A. SEVE 5 M. HIROTI 2 C. SHEPHERD 3 T. AFUALO 15 Z. LOMAX 1 D. BLORE 7 B. WAKEHAM 10 F. KULA 8 P. SAULO 9 R. ROBSON 11 J. HOCKING 16 F. UTOIKAMANU 13 S. KEPPIE 20 J. DOWEL 6 K. HAYMAN 14 J. HAZARD 17 S. LILOMAIAVA 18 K. RODWELL 12 J. TUITAVUK I4 J. UTATAO

Half Time

CCC 14 lead CHS 12

CCC Try Scorers

B.Valu, S.O'Sullivan, Tristan Sailor

CCC Conversions

S. O'Sullivan 1/3

CHS Try Scorers

F. Utoikamanu, J.Hocking

CHS Conversions

M.Hiroti 2/2

Forty20

First Grade
Damn! Tight finish with CCC stealing it in the last second. They scored in the corner to level the scores and then hit the sideline conversion to get the win.

Pou mentioned it but he has another year of eligibility in the SG Ball. He is a candidate to push up at the completion of the SG Ball in 2017 pending how much time Dargan and Doolan see in ISP. I still rate him massively but he got hampered by an injury in the off-season which saw him miss most of the pre-season and then a string of leg injuries the mid-season which led to him missing a few games and then battling through the backend of the competition.

I didn't mention any of the squad members of our triumphant Harold Matthews squad this year barring Stefano Utoikamanu but there is a bunch of kids in that group that are easily good enough to play SG Ball at 16/17 which will likely prompt the club to push the NYC-calibre SG Ball players up early.

As for the remainder of this year, keep a close eye on Tui Afualo. I have raved about him plenty before but he is on a tear at the moment after stringing together MotM performances in his NYC debut and the U/18s Origin despite only turning 17 this year.

Thanks for all the info Forty - Do you think many boys from this years successful Harold Matts team will get an opportunity to play SG a year young.? if so who do you think will be the ones to watch

Forty20

First Grade
Thanks for all the info Forty - Do you think many boys from this years successful Harold Matts team will get an opportunity to play SG a year young.? if so who do you think will be the ones to watch

I think the Eels had something like six 18-year-olds (Campbell, Carr, Dresler, Keppie, Tupou, Valu IIRC) featuring as regulars in their 2016 SG Ball class with the vast majority of the squad formed from their 2015 Harold Matthews team. In that sense, if you are good enough, you are old enough.

My short list of players that will challenge for roster spots in the 2017 SG Ball squad goes in no particular order:

Matt Doorey (Edge Backrow)
Harry Duggan (Prop)
William Kei (Centre)
Cliff Lea'Aetoa (Wing)
Kyle Schneider (Hooker/Lock/Half)
Uellington Seve (Lock)
Charbel Tasipale (Edge Backrow)
John Paul Nohra (Fullback)
Stefano Utoikamanu (Prop)

Guys that will be on the bubble (might end up in a Talent Squad) but are still good prospects:

Phillip Fanane (Prop/Lock)
Valance Harris (Edge Backrow/Lock)
Dennis Mataia (Wing)
Mark Tepu-Smith (Prop)

Given that the majority of the 2016 SG Ball squad still have another year of eligibility, just how many of these kids end up making the cut will depend on how many current Ball players get accelerated into the NYC next year. Tui Afualo is a sure bet to be a fixture in the 20s, as is Filia Utoikamanu. If Ethan Parry makes a full recovery I think he will be pushed up as well while the rest will come back to the list I made yesterday and just how the club recruits in the 20s over the off-season.

Thanks Forty, appreciate the msg, Parramatta should be strong again next year if calculations are correct with a lot of current SG Ball kids still available for SG.Ball next year. With players like (please except my apologies with the spelling)

SG 2016 - 17 - .Fonua - Dunster - Seve - Turbull - Curran - Cronin - Cassel - Afu - Aukafolua - Kaufisi - Vea -

Development 2016 SG 2017 - P.j - Kytak - Junior - Spicer - Should all be Available next year for SG.Ball.? Anyone I missed.?

SG.Ball players who go up to 20s.? - Tui - Fila - Parry -

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think one to look out for next year is Austin Dias. Brought over from NZ about halfway through the SG ball season, he's an absolute giant probably around 195-198cm tall but still quite slim. When speaking to Field at that time he had a lot of work to do. I have noticed he's lined up a couple of times already for Guildford in the sydney shield. And he still has another year of SG ball to go. I haven't seen him play but to come latr in the ball season and already playing in the shield he must be doing something right.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is Tui Oloapu still in the NYC squad? He seems to be a regular on the bench for the ISP team. Is it a promotion or has he been dumped?