What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

And a lot of players just return to their junior clubs with a lot less resources then wenty, they just return to clubs with volunteer coaches training 2 nights a week with no real development opportunities at that club.

The standout players need early contact with NRL to help with their development.

Parra have the J.E.T.S program "Junior Elite Talent System/Scheme"
What this is, is the best of the best in the junior system get hands on coaching from the NRL coaching staff weekly on top of the other training they do with their regular club and rep teams.

strider

Post Whore
JETS ... "best of the best" ..... :thinking:

images

Gazzamatta

Coach
Parra have the J.E.T.S program "Junior Elite Talent System/Scheme"
What this is, is the best of the best in the junior system get hands on coaching from the NRL coaching staff weekly on top of the other training they do with their regular club and rep teams.
So our NRL Coaches are directly influencing these kids on how to play the game?
Hmmmmmmm. Im sure this will generate some debate.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gus's comment yesterday re Cronullas success during a tough injury period.
He stated they are a club strong on development similar to Penrith. He further stated that this may not necessarily convert to wins but it will ensure the club remains competitive during such an injury crisis. Maybe I'm paranoid but I took it that he was being critical of clubs like Parra who have not developed juniors into the NRL recently.

84 Baby

Referee
He stated they are a club strong on development similar to Penrith. He further stated that this may not necessarily convert to wins but it will ensure the club remains competitive during such an injury crisis. Maybe I'm paranoid but I took it that he was being critical of clubs like Parra who have not developed juniors into the NRL recently.
I took it as Gus having a good ol wank over himself

hindy111

Post Whore

The Duke knows how to run a club but depth id imagine is more important when injury crisis which we have a lot of.

I feel like a stronger top 17 with less depth and good juniors is the best way to win a comp

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
1. John Fonua
2. Haze Dunster
3. Tuimavave Afualo
4. Noel Aukafolau
5. Taufa Afu
6. Todd Sapienza
7. Dylan Brown
8. Sean Keppie
9. Ayden Carling
10. Michael Tupou
11. Dylan Clifford
12. Nick Okladnikov
13. Jesse Cronin
Interchange
14. James Porter
15. Stefano Utoikamanu
16. PJ Vaigalu
17. Salesi Faingaa
18. Steve Dresler
19. Bruce Ward
20. Charbel Tasipale
21. William Kei

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/05/15/eels-jersey-flegg-round-11-team-list/

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Good to see both Fonua and Dresler named for this weekend, even if Steve is on the extended bench, fingers crossed he can make it into the top 17. With Sapienza coming into the side hopefully this allows Brown to establish himself as a dominant half in this grade, he won't have Taipari or Salmon to rely on so he'll have to do it himself.

Also interesting to see Kei and Tasipale named on the extended bench. Can't see either of them playing this week but it is encouraging that they're named, wonder how long it will take for Nohra, Barnes or Harris named on the extended bench?

Good to see both Fonua and Dresler named for this weekend, even if Steve is on the extended bench, fingers crossed he can make it into the top 17. With Sapienza coming into the side hopefully this allows Brown to establish himself as a dominant half in this grade, he won't have Taipari or Salmon to rely on so he'll have to do it himself.

Also interesting to see Kei and Tasipale named on the extended bench. Can't see either of them playing this week but it is encouraging that they're named, wonder how long it will take for Nohra, Barnes or Harris named on the extended bench?

I think you will find Barnes isn't there any more.
Great to see Dresler back.
Will be an interesting one with Norah, With both Fonua & Dunster the custodians & both still eligible for 2019 im not sure where he fits in.
Also with Parra chasing Knights full back / 5/8 Tex Hoy shall be an interesting one

What can you tell us about the 2nd rowers in team? I notice Faingaa been on bench lately

Im not familiar with Nick. As for Salesi im not 100% sure but he is returning from injury. Another class act. But Clifford is quality back rower in his last season of u20s.
We also still have Filia Utoikamanu who has been injured with a fracture in his neck from the Nsw u18s origin game. Filia is a real talent & we all hope he makes a full recovery & returns to his potential he is something special this kid.
The only other back rowers we currently have is SG Ball graduate Charbel Tasipale.
Our other SG Ball graduate just signed with the Bulldogs on a development contract effective immediately Matthew Doorey.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think you will find Barnes isn't there any more.
Great to see Dresler back.
Will be an interesting one with Norah, With both Fonua & Dunster the custodians & both still eligible for 2019 im not sure where he fits in.
Also with Parra chasing Knights full back / 5/8 Tex Hoy shall be an interesting one

Im not familiar with Nick. As for Salesi im not 100% sure but he is returning from injury. Another class act. But Clifford is quality back rower in his last season of u20s.
We also still have Filia Utoikamanu who has been injured with a fracture in his neck from the Nsw u18s origin game. Filia is a real talent & we all hope he makes a full recovery & returns to his potential he is something special this kid.
The only other back rowers we currently have is SG Ball graduate Charbel Tasipale.
Our other SG Ball graduate just signed with the Bulldogs on a development contract effective immediately Matthew Doorey.

Barnes isn't at Parra anymore?
I rate Nohra as a better chance at first grade than Fonua. The back half of the Ball season he cemented his spot as one of our leading juniors. Despite not making the finals, JP was one of our best every week, barking orders at the back, standing up and taking runs when the forwards didn't want to and in the dogs game he stepped up and I thought he was pretty good playing in the halves. Seems like a player with a lot of passion for his and his teams' performance.
Yeah Filia has been unfortunate with his long term injury but I believe I heard that he's due back in a month or two, lucky for him he's only 19 this year and has another year of Flegg.

Barnes isn't at Parra anymore?
I rate Nohra as a better chance at first grade than Fonua. The back half of the Ball season he cemented his spot as one of our leading juniors. Despite not making the finals, JP was one of our best every week, barking orders at the back, standing up and taking runs when the forwards didn't want to and in the dogs game he stepped up and I thought he was pretty good playing in the halves. Seems like a player with a lot of passion for his and his teams' performance.
Yeah Filia has been unfortunate with his long term injury but I believe I heard that he's due back in a month or two, lucky for him he's only 19 this year and has another year of Flegg.

I seen somewhere Barnes was playing union somewhere this year & herd he parted ways.
Again you know what rumours are like.
As for Norah i agree. He stood up big time this year after the teams talker & organiser in Schneider went down with injury.
'Norah stood up as a leader in that team.
I also agree with your comment regarding Norah better chance than Fonua. I think Norah has more to his game & is a complete players in the full back roll. Fonua is a powerful runner but more suited to the wing position.
But what we think & the coaching staff think might be completely different.
Time will tell.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I seen somewhere Barnes was playing union somewhere this year & herd he parted ways.
Again you know what rumours are like.
As for Norah i agree. He stood up big time this year after the teams talker & organiser in Schneider went down with injury.
'Norah stood up as a leader in that team.
I also agree with your comment regarding Norah better chance than Fonua. I think Norah has more to his game & is a complete players in the full back roll. Fonua is a powerful runner but more suited to the wing position.
But what we think & the coaching staff think might be completely different.
Time will tell.

Oh yeah Blaise Barnes is gone, playing for Randwick Colts, I meant Brent Barnes who played a couple of games on the wing for us in Ball.

http://www.randwickrugby.com.au/rugby/grade/teams/5858-gordon-7-april source for Blaise Barnes now playing for Randwick Colts.

Oh yeah Blaise Barnes is gone, playing for Randwick Colts, I meant Brent Barnes who played a couple of games on the wing for us in Ball.

http://www.randwickrugby.com.au/rugby/grade/teams/5858-gordon-7-april source for Blaise Barnes now playing for Randwick Colts.

Brent is still eligible for SG Ball next year.. I herd there is a select group of boys being developed and training with 20s occasionally who can still play ball in 2019.. Players like
Barnes
Field
Hollis
Hughues
Massima
Faavae
Poko

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Brent is still eligible for SG Ball next year.. I herd there is a select group of boys being developed and training with 20s occasionally who can still play ball in 2019.. Players like
Barnes
Field
Hollis
Hughues
Massima
Faavae
Poko

Didn't realise Brent was still eligible for Ball next year, he did well coming back from injury if he's only 17, big body. Who's Poko?

Didn't realise Brent was still eligible for Ball next year, he did well coming back from injury if he's only 17, big body. Who's Poko?

Yeah great player. Brent played u15s Qld Scool boys in 2016 at the Australian schoolboys tournament
So 1 more year in SG Ball which he will add to that team significantly

Lachlan Poko. I herd his from NZ a back rower i think