What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Is this an indicator these kids have all been signed into the dev squad for next year?

Its an interesting one mate. I'm hearing
Dunster
Kaufusi
Schneider
Brown
Utoikamanu
Parry
These boys are doing Nrl pre-season.
As for development contracts you would think these boys are the 6. But some of these boys signed longer deals last year like Brown , So will be interesting to know who is on a development contract and who isn't..!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dunster
Kaufusi
Schneider
Brown
Utoikamanu
Parry
As for development contracts you would think these boys are the 6. But some of these boys signed longer deals last year like Brown , So will be interesting to know who is on a development contract and who isn't..!
I remember reading a dev contract needed to be at least two years unless the player was upgraded to top 30 in the second year.

I think it's probably common as well for players to have contracts that push them through different caps and squads, e.g.:

Year 1: Flegg (turning 20)
Year 2: Development
Year 3: Top 30

I think it's possible as well for a talented or high-demand player to go straight from Flegg to top 30 without a year on the development list. This is supposedly what's happening with Keppie next year. It may be happening with one or more of the kids you've listed above.

Have you heard anything about Tupou or Dresler next year?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dunster
Kaufusi
Schneider
Brown
Utoikamanu
Parry
It’s very f**king exciting.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dunster
Kaufusi
Schneider
Brown
Utoikamanu
Parry

How about Noel Akafalou? And Dressler?

T-Boon

Coach
I just saw John Paul Nowra got MoM honours in semi final of Australian schoolboys trials. Is this kid any good?

How about Noel Akafalou? And Dressler?

Herd Noel Akafolou is out for the rest of the season and possibly part of next year
Done ACL last week v St George

Herd nothing in relation to Dressler although he had one of his better games last week since returning from injury..

I just saw John Paul Nowra got MoM honours in semi final of Australian schoolboys trials. Is this kid any good?

Good kid great talent, But his come back to the field a bit. I was hearing whispers Parra dont see him as a long term full back with a possible position move to the Centers or Backrow.

My opinion he is suited better at Full back but time will tell.
Does have some potential. Lost a bit of speed
Great talker & ball skills for a fullback
Awesome under the high ball

I remember reading a dev contract needed to be at least two years unless the player was upgraded to top 30 in the second year.

I think it's probably common as well for players to have contracts that push them through different caps and squads, e.g.:

Year 1: Flegg (turning 20)
Year 2: Development
Year 3: Top 30

I think it's possible as well for a talented or high-demand player to go straight from Flegg to top 30 without a year on the development list. This is supposedly what's happening with Keppie next year. It may be happening with one or more of the kids you've listed above.

Have you heard anything about Tupou or Dresler next year?

Hey Pou
Herd nothing relating to those boys as yet, Will let you know if and when i do.

T-Boon

Coach
"Good kid great talent, But his come back to the field a bit. I was hearing whispers Parra dont see him as a long term full back with a possible position move to the Centers or Backrow."

Thanks. Damn when they talk back row when you are still in school you are doomed.

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Good kid great talent, But his come back to the field a bit. I was hearing whispers Parra dont see him as a long term full back with a possible position move to the Centers or Backrow.

My opinion he is suited better at Full back but time will tell.
Does have some potential. Lost a bit of speed
Great talker & ball skills for a fullback
Awesome under the high ball

I reckon JP could play anywhere in the backline, as a secondary half, and as an edge forward. Always around the ruck on early plays and shifts out wide for a set piece. Fairly big too would be 188-192cm and will probably play first grade around 95 - 100kgs. I think he'd be the perfect outside back who can fill in at fullback if need be.

IFR33K

Coach
I reckon JP could play anywhere in the backline, as a secondary half, and as an edge forward. Always around the ruck on early plays and shifts out wide for a set piece. Fairly big too would be 188-192cm and will probably play first grade around 95 - 100kgs. I think he'd be the perfect outside back who can fill in at fullback if need be.

Very skilful and highly regarded. The club has huge wraps on him. Once he fills out a bit, the kid could be anything.

Last edited: