What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

84 Baby

Referee
I think its really the High Schools that are the engine room for the NFL. The colleges just add polish.
The NFL franchises would like to draft straight from high school but the NCAA want their billions out of the whole thing.
I read somewhere once that said US college football is in something like the top 5 sports league economies and if it were a country itself it'd be in like top third of countries. Not bad for an amateur, sorry I mean "amateur" sport. No wonder some of the best stadiums in the world are in colleges

Haynzy

First Grade
Head football coaches at some of those colleges are on ridiculous money by our standards.
I have a friend whose son is at Michigan and apparently the head football coach is on 6 mill per season.

T.S Quint

Coach
Head football coaches at some of those colleges are on ridiculous money by our standards.
I have a friend whose son is at Michigan and apparently the head football coach is on 6 mill per season.

Jim Harbaugh.
Used to be the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. Michigan pulled off a major coup by signing him. Had to pay the big bucks, but he's already improved the team.

Townsville

Juniors
How many NYC players are to old for next year ? And are they getting a run with Wenty or just kicked to the curb and not parras problem ????? Or does parra try and keep them close

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
French and Twal are confirmed at Parra next year, Fuimaono is confirmed at Souths. Morris is rumoured to have scored an NRL contract with us as well, though outside the top 25.

Otherwise there were plenty of kids in their final year of eligibility - Cerruto, Gafa, Gammidge, Mati-Leifi, Stowers, Amone, De Luis, Field (x2), Manu (x2) - but I doubt many of them have NRL potential.

T-Boon

Coach
Jim Harbaugh.
Used to be the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. Michigan pulled off a major coup by signing him. Had to pay the big bucks, but he's already improved the team.

Haha true, I don't know how they pay him...they only play in from of 110,000 each home game with Big Ten TV revenue of what 40 mill a year? plus the hastle that they don't have to pay most of their employees.

T-Boon

Coach

Notre Dame just fired their defensive co-ordinator who was on 1.5mill.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Seventeen year old NYC players Tui Afualo and Reed Mahoney are eligible for SG Ball next year but missing from the squad. Obviously been promoted permanently. Or signed with the Roosters.

Seventeen year old NYC players Tui Afualo and Reed Mahoney are eligible for SG Ball next year but missing from the squad. Obviously been promoted permanently. Or signed with the Roosters.

There are a lot of 17yo missing, Tui, Curran, Dunster, Afu, Aukafolau, Brown, faingaa, fonua, hyde, Kafusi, okland, Utiokamanu.

If I'm correct all the above names are all able to play SG. Ball next year. A lot will stay in 20s but I think some might come back

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
There are a lot of 17yo missing, Tui, Curran, Dunster, Afu, Aukafolau, Brown, faingaa, fonua, hyde, Kafusi, okland, Utiokamanu.

If I'm correct all the above names are all able to play SG. Ball next year. A lot will stay in 20s but I think some might come back

I'm happy with the SG ball squad, so much so that I'd be willing to keep those players in the 20's after the pre-season. We have a couple of players there in Seve, Cronin, Tapa, Cassel, and Vaigalu that will give a bit of experience. But the Harold Matts from this year are something special and I'll back them to make up the bulk of the team and they'll do well.

After all we're looking at developing players for first grade rather than demolishing youth competitions. If we were to put all of our 18 year olds in SG ball they would win basically all the games by a big score.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Depends what you mean by local junior. If you're referring to some outdated and unfair geographical catchment area system then my guess is zero local juniors in either team.

Chipmunk

Coach
Depends what you mean by local junior. If you're referring to some outdated and unfair geographical catchment area system then my guess is zero local juniors in either team.

I'm referring to the pointless multiple Harold Matthews Premierships the Club has won.

Latest posts