What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Delboy

First Grade
Kytak Chan , SG Ball winger also at the Dogs, nothing changes. The club has over 25 Eels juniors playing at other clubs in reps, been the same for years, would imagine the Riff probably same sort of numbers at Sydney based clubs

There are 7 at the Tigers, similar at Moanly and scattered at Norths and the Dogs too

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Luke (the middle one) is no longer with us, apparently wasn't up to it. He currently has no club AFAIK. Dion is at home and still contracted to the Eels.

Interesting, he must have not been willing to put in the effort / training. According to that article he scored 26 tries in 15 games as a 18 year old in first grade country footy - that is a pretty decent effort and good indication he has some ability!!!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Kytak Chan , SG Ball winger also at the Dogs, nothing changes. The club has over 25 Eels juniors playing at other clubs in reps, been the same for years, would imagine the Riff probably same sort of numbers at Sydney based clubs

There are 7 at the Tigers, similar at Moanly and scattered at Norths and the Dogs too

I see that Josh Schuster is the captain of Manlys Harold Matthews team. Interesting that they name a player that wanted to come back to Parra as captain.

Delboy

First Grade
I see that Josh Schuster is the captain of Manlys Harold Matthews team. Interesting that they name a player that wanted to come back to Parra as captain.

He stayed as his brother ( also a Parra junior) has been extended and now takes Josh to all games and training. Josh was offered a contract at the Eels, and the club was keen to keep him last year. I believe family and convenience for them won out.

Bazal

Post Whore
More likely Doolan, who has the potential to be a first grader but is hardly a stand out, sees a better chance to make a mark at the Bulldogs. With a fullback who only plays when his imaginary friend allows it, and halves who are quite ordinary with very little back up, there's a greater chance for a guy like him to get a shot at FG.

Here he's behind French, Hoffman, and Tuha for the fullback gig (maybe even Gutherson, depending)...and behind Norman, Gutherson, Fogarty, Robson, Taka and probably Edwards and Dargan if we're really desperate for a halves spot. Realistically it's probably a good move for him.

Gronk

Staff member
Dut’s foot in the door: Parramatta spot on the line against Rams

17 Feb 2017, 1:29 p.m.
r0_337_1979_1505_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

FLYING RETURN: Former Orange CYMS gun Moung Dut will continue to press his claims for a spot in Parramatt'a starting SG Ball squad at Blayney on Saturday. Photo: PHIL BLATCH

For 17-year-old Orange CYMS junior Moung Dut, the gap between the end of 2016 and the start of the 2017 season is a little blurry.

In fact, it’s non-existent.

After Dut helped CYMS’ under 18s side claim the 2016 Group 10 minor premiership – before the green and golds were eventually bundled out of the competition in straight sets – the flying fullback went immediately into pre-season training with the Parramatta Eels’ SG Ball squad.

Eight weeks of intensive sessions, four days a week, with the Eels a tough initiation into the work required to make the big time.

Trial games against Penrith and then Canterbury the next step towards securing a place in the Parramatta backline for round one of the SG Ball competition.

Now, the next step?

A game at Blayney, of all places, on Saturday.

Dut will line up for Parramatta against the Western Rams’ under 18s at King George Oval on Saturday, playing against a host of the region’s best young talent.

Talent Dut called teammates just last year.

“It’s pretty much my old team,” Dut said.

“I know a lot of the boys and it’s going to be fun playing against them. It’s going to be tough competition.

“I’m really hoping to do well. I played five-eighth against the Bulldogs and we played two games against the Panthers, I played wing and fullback in those.

“I’d love to go well at fullback this weekend. It’s my best position.”

Western’s clash with the Eels is Rams coach Cameron Greenhalgh’s second chance to see his squad in action ahead of the 2017 Country Championships, following a trial with Manly in Dubbo in late January.

The Rams outfit contains Dut’s former Orange CYMS teammate Craig Tarr, while Blayney’s Joey Hobby and Nick Tilburg are in the squad too.

Kick-off is at 12pm at King George Oval.

PARRAMATTA: 1 Moung Dut, 2 Josh Boumelhem, 3 Jordan Hirini, 4 Asaeli Vuicakau, 5 Luke McDonald, 6 Hyrum Wichmann, 7 Jayden Millard, 8 Arthur Melhem, 9 Luke Sommerton, 10 Bruce Wakeling, 11 Sione Tupou, 12 Jarrod Spicer, 13 Jayden Yates; INTERCHANGE: 14 Rico Aliva, 15 Tasi Mauautu, 16 Uellington Seve, 17 Jayden Tanna, 18 Tyler Tuigamala, 19 Thomas Delailoa, 20 Fontene Papaali, 21 Adrian Janvrin.

WESTERN: 1 Charlie Staines (Forbes Magpies), 2 Farren Lamb (Forbes Magpies), 3 Warren Baxter (Forbes Magpies), 4 Brock Naden (Wellington Cowboys), 5 Tye Lee Simmons (Oberon Tigers), 6 Matt Burton (Dubbo CYMS), 7 Bayden Searle (Dubbo CYMS), 8 Joe Hobby (Blayney Bears), 9 Jayden Burke (Forbes Magpies), 10 Riley Cheshire (Bathurst St Pat's), 11 Luke Gale (Dubbo Macquarie), 12 Jack Davis (Dubbo CYMS), 13 Clayton Couley (Nyngan Tigers); INTERCHANGE: 14 Jackson Bonham-Phair (Dubbo CYMS), 15 Blake Frost (Dubbo Macquarie), 16 Craig Tarr (Orange CYMS), 17 Nick Tilburg (Blayney Bears), 18 Ray Simmons (Bourke Warriors).

http://www.centralwesterndaily.com....oor-parramatta-spot-on-the-line-against-rams/

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Ahh so that's how you spell his name, Forty will be happy to see that. In his trials with us he covered fullback, wing, and played in the halves. Seemed to be a good player.

Gronk

Staff member
From 2015. Great to see him doing well.

Future's bright for young sportsman
JANICE HARRIS
15 Jun 2015, 4 a.m.

GREAT OPPORTUNITIES: South Sudanese refugee Moung Dut will talk about his life and achievements at the Refugee Week exhibition launch on Monday night. Photo: STEVE GOSCH 0612amnesty

w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

FOR 16-year-old South Sudanese refugee Moung Dut, being able to make a new life with his family in Australia has opened up a world of opportunities he never thought possible.

The talented young rugby league player and James Sheahan Catholic High School student says he would like to pursue a career in the fitness industry.

“I have had lots of opportunities since coming here,” he said.

Moung has been selected to tour Papua New Guinea as part of the NSW Rugby League Young Achievers’ Tour.

“When I came to Orange with my family I was only five and so I don’t remember what it was like before, but I do hear my parents talking about it sometimes,” he said.

Moung said he felt welcome from the time he and his siblings settled in to school.

“Orange is a very good place to live. It’s been very good to my family,” he said.

At the launch of the Refugee Week exhibition at Orange City Library on Monday night, Orange residents are invited to hear Moung tell the story of his family’s flight from war-torn Sudan and their journey to Australia.

The family settled in Orange as part of the city’s refugee support program, which began more than 10 years ago.

Moung’s father Dut Dut and his wife Miriam have six children and two grandchildren.

After Mr Dut’s father was killed in civil unrest in Sudan, his mother encouraged her son to leave Sudan for Egypt, as many young men and boys were being targeted and killed.

Shortly afterwards, in 2004, the Duts were accepted to come to Australia.

Mr Dut is now a leader for Orange’s South Sudanese community.

Monday night’s launch begins at 5.30pm at Orange City Library.

http://www.centralwesterndaily.com.au/story/3145366/futures-bright-for-young-sportsman/

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
but is he any good ?

Has some things to work on. But he had a good feel for the game, read well in defence and came up with some decent tackles. Unfortunately for him there are currently better players in front of him. If he works hard he could find a spot in the backline next year.

Forty20

First Grade
Matts played a very scrappy game but came away with the win 20-18. Lots of solid individual efforts but it was a poor team game of you follow me. Jandamurra Stewart was very good on the flank.

Try scorers - Wahongi (2), Edwards, Field.

Conversions - Field 2/4

Ball was a far more convincing victory at 40-22 but there were lapses on both sides of half time that let the Dragons get within 6pts at one stage in the second half.

Jesse Cronin put on a show in the second half setting up two tries, the first of which is a potential try of the season for the team. Stefano Utoikamanu was a beast off the bench and Kyle Cassel and Charbel Tasipale make some splash plays through out the game. Both hookers were very tidy around the ruck while Dylan Brown had some select touches of pure class.

Try scorers - Tasipale (2), Kei, Tepu-Smith, Lea'Aetoa, Brown, Seve, Nohra.

Conversions - Seve 2/5, Schneider 0/1, Brown 2/2.

Matts played a very scrappy game but came away with the win 20-18. Lots of solid individual efforts but it was a poor team game of you follow me. Jandamurra Stewart was very good on the flank.

Try scorers - Wahongi (2), Edwards, Field.

Conversions - Field 2/4

Ball was a far more convincing victory at 40-22 but there were lapses on both sides of half time that let the Dragons get within 6pts at one stage in the second half.

Jesse Cronin put on a show in the second half setting up two tries, the first of which is a potential try of the season for the team. Stefano Utoikamanu was a beast off the bench and Kyle Cassel and Charbel Tasipale make some splash plays through out the game. Both hookers were very tidy around the ruck while Dylan Brown had some select touches of pure class.

Try scorers - Tasipale (2), Kei, Tepu-Smith, Lea'Aetoa, Brown, Seve, Nohra.

Conversions - Seve 2/5, Schneider 0/1, Brown 2/2.

Great news for Cronin as he has had an interrupted preseason, So its good to see him hitting his straps.
It was first games for both Utoikamanu and Schneider with no preseason games under there belt,
Utoikmanu recovering from a shoulder surgery and Schneider being concused in his only trial game 30 seconds into it. So how did both boys measure up today with game time.under there belts ?

Latest posts