What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Great team this year, But I personally think there missing some halves. Really looking forward to see what the near future holds for the u20s team with some great junior talent coming through the Harold Matthews Cup & Sg Ball at present,

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Does any merkin know how junior retention is going to work with the NYC scrapped? Will there be a NSWRL run under 20s comp, and will NRL-contracted under 20s players be able to play in it?

Forty20

First Grade
Last I heard (and fairly recently), there is still a dire lack of knowledge club-side as to what replaces the Holden Cup in 2018. Tentatively it should be for all intent and purposes a state-based U/20s competition which will likely still be the lead-in game for NRL fixtures. No clue on how the cap will be structured for said competition but there has been some talk of 5 developmental slots given to each club in addition to a Top 30 for the NRL cap, so I guess that would play into what ever system is put in place for the U/20s.

Given how painfully slow the NRL has been in setting the 2018 cap, I am not surprised in the least that there wouldn't be a definitive plan already set for the third most important grade in Australian and New Zealand Rugby League.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cheers mate. I had heard that there would be 'rookie' slots in addition to the top 30, meaning the majority of under 20s will be unaffiliated with NRL clubs. So the biggest question is whom they will play for.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
62nd minute and we lead 48-12. I thought the Cowboys might've gone into the game with big changes but the team that took the field was unchanged from last week's win:
Coach Aaron Payne has named an unchanged team as the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys Under-20s team look to string together a third straight win when they host the Parramatta Eels in Round Nine National Youth Competition action today.

http://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2017/04/28/final_team_nyc_cowbo.html

Forty20

First Grade
He will be back to whinge if too many Eels are selected over worthy Queenslanders in the Junior Roos, I'm sure.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
For those interested LU will have a rep at the HM and SGB games today and we'll have a wrap and exclusive pics of our boys. Should be on our website by around 6 PM tonight.

Unlucky Parramatta Harold Matthews Cup team going down in today's preliminary final to Manly 30-24
Parramatta showed some positive signs & fighting back after being down 16-0 after 18min..
Knights v Manly GF

Congratulations Parramatta SG Ball team 32-12 beating the Syd Roosters in there Preliminary final booking a spot in next weeks grandfinal. Great effort to all the boys & coaching staff
Parramatta v Sharks GF