What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

hindy111

Post Whore
We could Finish top 4.
Imagine Dargan,Tui,Stone,Dressler, Dane played in this team. Surely it push sharks??

How saints are 3rd with a differential of 20. Its the 10th best in comp.

Forty20

First Grade
We could Finish top 4.
Imagine Dargan,Tui,Stone,Dressler, Dane played in this team. Surely it push sharks??

How saints are 3rd with a differential of 20. Its the 10th best in comp.

We also schooled the Sharks to hand them one of their few losses back when the two teams met early in the season. If we were anywhere near full strength with the likes of Troy Dargan, Dane Aukafolau, Tui Afualo, Filia Utoikamanu, Ray Stone, Steve Dresler and Michael Tupou in the mix then I would say we were probably morals for the title. This team will be pretty fearsome in whatever competition they end up playing in next year.

Forty20

First Grade
I think Leleisiuao will really benefit from a proper full-time preseason. I believe he joined the Eels in the later stages of the preseason this year and thus missed out on getting reps with the big boys. If he can polish up his defence (both positioning and reading of the play) then he could very well feature in first grade next year. Getting his defence up to speed really is the key for him to progress though.

As for some eye-popping stats in the absence of Greg this week, how about Reed Mahoney making 173m from 11 runs off the bench? Mahoney also topped the tackle count with 38 (0 missed). Haze Dunster was the beneficiary of some really impressive ball playing from the likes of Salesi Faingaa and Emosi Alamoti en route to 196m from 11 runs and two tries. The stat sheet doesn't show the two disgusting in-and-aways he put on either!

It is really hard to tell how far this team will go in the finals simply due to how young they are but I will be damned if it isn't really interesting following their development.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think Leleisiuao will really benefit from a proper full-time preseason. I believe he joined the Eels in the later stages of the preseason this year and thus missed out on getting reps with the big boys. If he can polish up his defence (both positioning and reading of the play) then he could very well feature in first grade next year. Getting his defence up to speed really is the key for him to progress though.

As for some eye-popping stats in the absence of Greg this week, how about Reed Mahoney making 173m from 11 runs off the bench? Mahoney also topped the tackle count with 38 (0 missed). Haze Dunster was the beneficiary of some really impressive ball playing from the likes of Salesi Faingaa and Emosi Alamoti en route to 196m from 11 runs and two tries. The stat sheet doesn't show the two disgusting in-and-aways he put on either!

It is really hard to tell how far this team will go in the finals simply due to how young they are but I will be damned if it isn't really interesting following their development.
I like the look of those stats.

hindy111

Post Whore

No Tui,Dane,Stone,Dargan.... Add Dressler. And i guess we all forgot about that rugby kid? I know in under 20s one or two top players gives you 10+ points a game.
I am not sure who else is missing but add those 5 amd would be very hard to stop.
We also had a slow start to the season by memory.

Mahoney 20 next year? Any chance of first grade or a little off? The few times i seen him he impressed. I think he may lead tackle count as well coming off bench.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
BA not going for Peats or a hooker tells me he has faith in a junior. I feel the same on wing.

I reckon BA held off on signing players because we don't know what the salary cap is going to be next year. Better to be well under and pick up cheapies than be over and have a chunk of your salary cap playing elsewhere.

Can anyone confirm.?

Haze dunster u20s player playing some great footy ruled out for the season with a broken jaw from schoolboys Gio cup.?

Forty20

First Grade
Maybe. Last week John Fonua has returned after some time out of the team to claim the left wing spot opposite Haze Dunster. Greg Leleisiuao missed Round 23 and was named on an extended bench this week. I dare say he is nursing a niggle or something of the sort and could potentially play this week. If not then you could start figuring Ethan Parry into the mix.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Huge shame for the young fella. His move back to SG Ball was able to bring the best out of him and he brought that confidence and form to the 20's and was starting to stand out.

Having Greg slot straight back in helps the team out but it's a disappointment that we won't see the lanky right winger making busts down the line.