What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Women's NRL Team

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Just saw a clever ad on fox for the GWS Giants womens AFL team.

It goes like this:

Muslim girl in Western Sydney talking about how she told her dad she wants to play AFL football. He initially does not permit says "no three times". Cuts to muslim dad driving in his car explaining why he eventually gave in to let her play AFL, because she really wants to and she is an Aussie girl....to rub it in he has a Parra Eels car seat cover which the ad gives us a little glimpse of to attack at our subliminal thinking that the NRL clubs are these backwards organisations that don't support womens sport. Which of course in western sydney.....we don't.

We have left ourselves open for this sort of attack. It is going to be effective with corporations as well as parents.

Sounds like Bend It Like Beckham which came out over a decade ago.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it was a surge in Bollywood movies and did heaps for Brett Lee's acting career

Gronk

Staff member
Sharks were denied a licence too despite having about half of the Jillaroos team signed.

Which suggests there might be more to the "Eels CBF'd having a Womans NRL side" accusation that the OP to this thread threw around.

Do you know why Souths and Sharks applications were unsuccessful ?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Which suggests there might be more to the "Eels CBF'd having a Womans NRL side" accusation that the OP to this thread threw around.

Do you know why Souths and Sharks applications were unsuccessful ?

I reckon we didn't put in a bid because it was announced so late.

No idea why. I'd say it's because the NRL believe there isn't enough talent in the women's game currently to sustain more than one team in Sydney. And thus they went with the roosters. That's purely a guess.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon we didn't put in a bid because it was announced so late.

No idea why. I'd say it's because the NRL believe there isn't enough talent in the women's game currently to sustain more than one team in Sydney. And thus they went with the roosters. That's purely a guess.
Yeah Toddy said 4 teams was the right number for the inaugural comp.

Latest posts