What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta fans salute Penrith

mightypanther

Juniors
Thanks for that JessEel,

Better late than never. lol.

I'm not that worried really about whether the kangaroos win or lose
against England this time around, because like a lot of others, I kind
of hope they lose, both to help international footy get back on it's feet
as well as hopefully showing the games heirarchy that it really is time
for the biased Anderson to say bye bye to rep coaching for good.

But naturally a part of me would also like to see the Aussies come back
home as winners, and for our youngsters to show they have what it takes
to play at the highest level.

Either way, I'm sure just the experience of playing in the Kangaroo side
will be enough to have our guys come back eager and raring to go for
season 2004.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Well, im one of those footy fans that will go for NZ or England because i can't stand the players in the Aussie squad, ((apart from Jamie, and Hindy, we really have noone)). I went for NZ in the most recent game because Nath Cayless played, and i can't stand Kimmorley and Anderson and that...
But your players, especially Waterhouse and Lewis, have me cheering for Australia this time around. :D

mightypanther

Juniors
I was also cheering for NZ in that last test.

Mainly because I hate Anderson and Kimmorley,
but also because we had Joe and Tony in the NZ side as well.

Naturally I'm going to go for the Aussies for the ashes, how could
I possibly ignore 5 Panther players? ---- I couldn't... :lol:

melon....

Coach
Twizzle said:
Are we having our own party at someone else's expense here.

There's more Eels on the Panthers website than there are Panthers.

Perhaps as Eelavation said, they're all passed out at the moment, good on 'em.

I wonder what Freddie thinks of the Panthers now....all that money and he could not win a premiership.

More to the point.......what do the Panther supporters think of Freddie....... he's off contract now.

On Fittler.. mental midget....um, he did win a Premiership...2002. And he is still on contract for 2004.

ozzie

Bench
Big Panther Cool said:
Cheers to all the Parra Fans for coming on and congratulating the boys on their win.

I still belive that the ULTIMATE GRAND FINAL would have to be between the Panthers & the Eels.

I hope it happens one day - hopefully next year!!!

won't be next year - it'll be the Roosters and who??

ozzie said:
Big Panther Cool said:
Cheers to all the Parra Fans for coming on and congratulating the boys on their win.

I still belive that the ULTIMATE GRAND FINAL would have to be between the Panthers & the Eels.

I hope it happens one day - hopefully next year!!!

won't be next year - it'll be the Roosters and who??

You're right ozzie......Roosters & the Cougars in the Premier League Grand Final.

Now for the first grade grand final, Panthers vs whoever will do me fine, but a "Battle of the West" would be a fitting scenario to 2004. Sorry Roosters, at least you'll have the Premier League final to look forward to!!

melon.... said:
Twizzle said:
Are we having our own party at someone else's expense here.

There's more Eels on the Panthers website than there are Panthers.

Perhaps as Eelavation said, they're all passed out at the moment, good on 'em.

I wonder what Freddie thinks of the Panthers now....all that money and he could not win a premiership.

More to the point.......what do the Panther supporters think of Freddie....... he's off contract now.

On Fittler.. mental midget....um, he did win a Premiership...2002. And he is still on contract for 2004.

And gee, it took him and his team a while to win a premiership. (1996 - 2002 = 7 long years)

At least he made a grand final in his second year in first grade with Penrith (1990), WON A GRAND FINAL in his 3rd Year (1991), and if he has stayed with Penrith, could have added a few more as well. Oh well, at least his contract money kept him warm for 6 years. :lol:

fosie

Juniors
Hehe, i cheered, and i booed... as an eels fan i have always had a soft spot for penrith, and i guess it goes the other way around.
sorry it took so long for me to come here and do this, but ConGraTulaTions! it couldn't have gone to a more deserving team this year, you worked really hard to be (and stay) #1.

Also ConGraTulaTions to Luke Lewis and Trent Waterhouse, bolters into the Roo's squad. At least sometimes the Aussie squad is picked on form (my comisorations to Preston)
I hope they show the Poms what young Aussie players are made of!

Yeah i've always had a soft spot for penrith too even though i go for the knights, mainly cause i live near livopool and i'd rather go for them than parra. :D