What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wow lol, the plumber didn't recognise shit and you want to still THANK him for what?? For all Salary cap rorting and the $12millon dollar loss?
You think we cheated the cap for shits and gigs? Or that the money went into Sharp's pocket? It was all done to win footy matches, which we did plenty last year. Fans don't give a f**k about how much the club has to spend. We are competing with other clubs who spend plenty more than that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon he wants the salary rather than some figurehead position. He doesn't need to be on the board to have his ego stroked. Most of his supporters from the 80s are still alive, you'd think.

phantom eel

First Grade
That 's a good hypothetical. If you had to choose one, who would you choose? Fitzy, Spags or Sharp?
I'll bite. In hindsight, Fitzy.

He wasn't corrupt and his only fault was a silly quote (putting across Clubs NSW scare campaign re pokie laws) that our survival in 5 years couldn't be guaranteed.

Merkins overreacted, voted for and then kicked out 3P, and we were stuck with 8 years of shit as a result.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Fitzy is a smart man and a smart operator, he also loves the club.....but he also looooves the power.

His time was up, and for years he couldn't stand it. I think he has finally nearly given up. I don't think we have heard the last of him yet though.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-secret-simulcast-talks-20170310-guvwmh.html

More arrests to come

Stand by for more arrests in relation to the Parramatta salary cap saga. Former football manager Jason Irvine has already been charged, but expect more scalps in coming weeks as Strike Force Rhodium closes in on its targets.

It is understood players and managers aren't in the crosshairs of the police investigation, although agents could find themselves stripped of their accreditation as part of the NRL's continuing probe into the matter.

Suitman

Post Whore
That is either a bullshit article or police investigators are leaking to the media or others.
Pathetic either way..

Gronk

Staff member
That is either a bullshit article or police investigators are leaking to the media or others.
Pathetic either way..

Well if the SFR team are still together, then it means that they are still investigating stuff. The Journo is a genius.

Strike Force Rhodium has been set up by the State Crime Command’s Fraud and Cyber Squad to investigate whether any fraud was committed against Parramatta Leagues Club and its members.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y/news-story/28a513b60b16184473dd552c0d147e11

Gronk

Staff member
Eight chairmen from Sydney clubs discuss tactics to overthrow ARLC chairman John Grant
PHIL ROTHFIELD, The Daily Telegraph

DISGRUNTLED NRL clubs are going back to war with independent commission chairman John Grant.

Eight chairmen from Sydney based clubs and the Canberra Raiders met over lunch on Tuesday in a private room at the iconic Darlinghurst restaurant Beppis to discuss fresh tactics to overthrow Grant and blow apart the independent commission.

The Parramatta Eels, Wests Tigers and Newcastle were not invited because they are seen to be too close to NRL management.

Manly Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn, the Roosters’ Nick Politis, Penrith’s Phil Gould and Brian Fletcher, Cronulla’s Damian Keogh, Canterbury’s Ray Dib, St George-Illawarra’s Warren Lockwood and Canberra’s Alan Hawke were all there.

The group appointed Hoyts CEO and Sharks boss Keogh as chief negotiator.

4bb2d4c3c11c287583535c0cb5c304bc

Eight chairmen from Sydney clubs discuss tactics to overthrow ARLC chairman John Grant.
His job is to convince the other eight chairs to form a united 16-club line-up to force changes and give the clubs two seats and a voice on the commission.

Before Christmas the clubs had the numbers to bring down Grant and appoint two of their own.

It fell over when Grant met privately with Storm chairman Bart Campbell, Broncos boss Dennis Watt and the clubs the NRL owns to sabotage a plan that had even been approved by John Coates, the man charged with negotiating a compromise.

Now Grant is pushing for a secondary advisory committee with club representatives underneath the commission, like a toothless tiger.

Keogh is now talking to the bosses of the other eight clubs to try to get a united front.

“We were pretty close last time to agreeing on the best way forward,” Keogh said.

“It would be nice to get everyone agreeing on the right direction. The clubs need a voice on the commission.

“The way I see it — basically everyone agreed to the plans to renovate the house but a couple didn’t like the letter box. That’s how close we were.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/f1a45d2cef5969d1a7ab8f2e8de305f6

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The sooner Grant is booted from the game the better, he's been an absolute disaster as chairman and the Independent commission has been a major let down.

I'll never forget at the Ken Thornett medals last year not only was he late to the event but also during his speech he said that it was good to see new teams like the raiders, panthers and sharks make the finals...

Dibs

Bench
I'll never forget at the Ken Thornett medals last year not only was he late to the event but also during his speech he said that it was good to see new teams like the raiders, panthers and sharks make the finals...
I didn't realize he could speak, I thought he just pulled full faces or grinned evilly