What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

El Diablo

Post Whore
Don't the AFL take large chunks off your cap for next years plus you lose crucial spots in the draft ?

So the deterrent is that it can f**k you for years to come.
i don't think the AFL look too hard for cheating plus their comp is so f**ked that some clubs can spend more than others

Gronk

Staff member
Proof that Fulton avoided being interviewed. Gutho wants to know why Manly didn’t lose points too.

strider

Post Whore
Apparently James Hooper tore into Bozo on NRL360.

Anyone see it ?
Yep ... he had a decent go ... but i think it was Kent defending the living f**k out of Bozo that got Hooper all riled up .... i thought they were gonna go the biff at one point

Yep ... he had a decent go ... but i think it was Kent defending the living f**k out of Bozo that got Hooper all riled up .... i thought they were gonna go the biff at one point
They were certainly fired up but there were no revelations from either side. And most of the disagreement seemed to be caused by a misunderstanding. But I think Kent was saying they'd only tried to interview Bozo a few times but Hooper was saying it was more like 10 or 11 times. Someone should know ffs.

strider

Post Whore
They were certainly fired up but there were no revelations from either side. And most of the disagreement seemed to be caused by a misunderstanding. But I think Kent was saying they'd only tried to interview Bozo a few times but Hooper was saying it was more like 10 or 11 times. Someone should know ffs.
I thought they both made fair points .... bozo likely in it up to his eyeballs, but the nrl handle everything shit

I did come away thinking kent is probably mates with bozo

Gronk

Staff member
Paul Kent vs James Hooper re Bozo courtesy of TCT.

Wow Paul Kent has conducted his own extensive investigation and found Bozo innocent and the NRL bias. Witchhunt !

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so Kent thinks he is the NRL Authority now, lol

they sound like our pollies in parliament

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...or-work-that-wasn-t-done-20180420-p4zasi.html

Former Eels manager had company invoice the club $90,000 for work that wasn't done

A Parramatta Eels contractor thought it was "weird" and "a little out of the ordinary" when he was allegedly asked to invoice the NRL club tens of thousands of dollars for work that wasn't completed, a court has heard.

Anthony Herman, the managing director of landscape management company Green Options, told Downing Centre Local Court that then Eels manager Jason Irvine had him invoice the club almost $90,000 between December 2014 and June 2015.

He said he thought it was weird that when Irvine first asked in December for $40,000 to be invoiced for works that weren't completed.

"I thought it was a little out of the ordinary, yes ... I thought it was a bit suspicious, I suppose," he said.

Mr Herman was testifying at a hearing for Irvine, who has pleaded not guilty to dishonestly obtaining property by deception and dishonestly obtaining a financial advantage by deception after being linked to the NRL club's salary cap scandal.

He told the court he created three separate invoices for $40,000, $32,000 and $17,490 at Irvine's request for works including the removal of rock, rubbish and debris.

But he said the works weren't completed by the specified dates and he only issued the invoices because he was asked to.

Mr Herman said he was asked to sponsor the Eels for the same amounts, and transferred the money as requested to a bank account that he assumed belonged to the club.

Under cross-examination, Mr Herman said he couldn't recall with certainty if Irvine told him that Eels chief executive Scott Seward had requested the invoices and sponsorship payments.

Mr Herman denied there was an agreement between him and John Boulos from the Eels that Green Options would provide $75,000 to sponsor players each year for three years.

He said there was at some point a conversation about sponsorship but he hadn't agreed to a set amount.

He said his company's work for the Eels did include the substantial clearing of debris.

The hearing continues.

Latest posts